OPEN [DR] The Dialogues of the Dead, by Lucian - lny

Plays and other dramatic works
linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » November 17th, 2020, 4:53 am

Charon is PL OK. Please leave ~3 seconds between lines. It make editing a great deal easier. :thumbs:

Hermes,
0:19 missing title: Dialogue IV. Hermes demands from Charon arrears of payment due to him for his services on the styx. Charon excuses himself on the plea of bad times; no great war or famine, as it happened, ravaging the Earth at that moment. Hermes moralises on the causes of death, different from those of old, which despatch men in crowds to Hades.

linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » November 17th, 2020, 4:58 am

alanmapstone wrote:
November 14th, 2020, 4:27 am
Pluto dialogue 2

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/dialoguesofthedead_pluto_02.mp3

I tried to make this sound sepulchral. If you think it is too caricatured I can redo it :hmm:
Alan,
I thought it sounded very appropriate. Have fun with him, dialogue 2 is PL OK. :D

Nichalia

Post by Nichalia » November 19th, 2020, 8:21 pm

linny wrote:
November 17th, 2020, 4:53 am
Charon is PL OK. Please leave ~3 seconds between lines. It make editing a great deal easier. :thumbs:

Hermes,
0:19 missing title: Dialogue IV. Hermes demands from Charon arrears of payment due to him for his services on the styx. Charon excuses himself on the plea of bad times; no great war or famine, as it happened, ravaging the Earth at that moment. Hermes moralises on the causes of death, different from those of old, which despatch men in crowds to Hades.
Ohhhh the character reads the title and then the whole story blurb intro! I didn't understand that, gotcha. Do you want me to add that in to the file and re-upload, or send it as a second file?

linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » November 20th, 2020, 4:53 am

Nichalia wrote:
November 19th, 2020, 8:21 pm
Ohhhh the character reads the title and then the whole story blurb intro! I didn't understand that, gotcha. Do you want me to add that in to the file and re-upload, or send it as a second file?
The same file and re-upload would be perfect. Thank you.

linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » November 22nd, 2020, 7:33 am

Nichalia wrote:
November 19th, 2020, 8:21 pm
Ohhhh the character reads the title and then the whole story blurb intro! I didn't understand that, gotcha.
I added some bold features to the initial post instructions. Hopefully that will help others.