COMPLETE[PLAY]The Author's Farce by Fielding - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: July 16th, 2021, 9:34 amAct 1 is ready for final PL except for some missing Act 3 voice credits that can be caught in Spot PL later.
EDIT: Act 2 is also ready for final PL.
Ye'all sound great together!
:clap: I can only fully acknowledge this verdict :thumbs: everybody souns great in their respective roles, can't wait to hear you all in the puppet show. Todd: perfectly edited together, all of it. Nothing to amend in either act. Act 2 straight PL ok. Act 1 will have to wait until I've checked the full voice credits, but the rest is already ok. I suppose you really wanted to have the prologue before the credits ? Just asking because I think usually the credits are at the very beginning.

Thanks, it was an agreeable listen :)

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Prologue before cast list is the way it is in the script. I think it works okay.

Glad you liked it. Everyone does sound great, don't they? Wait until the cast triples for the puppet show!

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Just a reminder: If you have a character in acts 1 and/or 2 that does not appear in act 3, then feel free to pick another part in act 3. I will also entertain requests to have more than one role in act 3 if you can convince me that you will not be talking to yourself.

I grabbed a couple more Act 3 roles to help get this completed.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I can be "Nobody" :lol: because it isn't really anybody. Will try a very silly voice. Who wants to go duet with me ?

Sonia
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

Kitty wrote: July 25th, 2021, 11:05 am I can be "Nobody" :lol: because it isn't really anybody. Will try a very silly voice. Who wants to go duet with me ?

Sonia
I'd gladly be Somebody and duet with Nobody if that's OK along with my being Don Tragedio. Tragedio and Somebody are on the same page spread but not in the same section, and I can do a quite different voice...
Is Somebody supposed to join with Nobody on the lines from "For him a Nobody sure we may call..." to "...and that is all," or are those all Nobody's lines only?
If I'm OK'd for this one and we are supposed to chant in unison I'll wait and record my part while listening to yours...
Sorry for the confusion
I'd also be glad to try Sir John instead of Somebody if that would be less of a conflict...
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I do think that Somebody and Nobody sing in unison for the last refrain. In fact, by the words in the song, seems like it could be Somebody solus though not labeled that way.

Either way, you (and Nobody) should include it in your file(s). But you don't need to wait for Nobody - I can get stuff to align pretty well when I edit.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: July 25th, 2021, 11:01 amI grabbed a couple more Act 3 roles to help get this completed.
thank you Todd, both Seedo and 4th Poet are PL ok. :thumbs: The clueless "But how ?" was priceless :lol:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

HannaPonomarenko wrote: July 25th, 2021, 5:52 pmHi! Robgrave is Ready for PL.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/authorsfarce_robgrave_3_128kb.mp3 0:26
:shock: what did you do to your voice ?!! Man, this guy is raspy, and he sounds like a serious gangster :lol: great effect, Hannah, now I only wish he had had a bigger role.

Robgrave: PL ok

Thank you so much for helping out here. :9:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Here is Nobody, I tried to make him drunk/bawdy :lol: with a good rhythm going in the duet, in case Joanna wants to copy that:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/authorsfarce_nobody_3_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 0:39 min.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
jakemalizia

Post by jakemalizia »

Can I take Signior Opera? :D
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

And here's Somebody, 0:40. Sonia, thanks for letting me know Nobody was up and ready to be listened to. I enjoyed the inimitable voicing and also the chance to follow the strong and imitable rhythm.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/authorsfarce_somebody_3_128kb.mp3
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd