COMPLETE[PLAY]The Author's Farce by Fielding - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: July 9th, 2021, 8:14 amDo you not still awaken in the middle of the night remembering "The Parlourmaid"?
you mean "screaming and drenched in sweat" ? :lol: Well you can't say the Parlourmaid wasn't memorable ;)

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

Alas, so few lines as to not induce night terrors, and only slightly over-the-top. Here is Sir Farcical Comick:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/authorsfarce_sirfarcicalcomick_3_128kb.mp3 [0:53]
Jim in Ohio

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

Hi Todd,

I assume the no-doubling rule is in effect. If not, I can take care of the Constable.
Jim in Ohio

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

First posting explains that having different act 3 characters is allowed in this play if you do not talk to yourself.

I'll put you in for Constable then?

Thanks, Todd
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

ToddHW wrote: July 12th, 2021, 3:28 pm First posting explains that having different act 3 characters is allowed in this play if you do not talk to yourself.

I'll put you in for Constable then?

Thanks, Todd
Great, yes please! Sorry I missed that :oops:

I do talk to myself, but that is another matter :lol: Exits singing “ I talk to the trees, that’s why they put me away “
Jim in Ohio

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

JHedrick wrote: July 12th, 2021, 8:49 amAlas, so few lines as to not induce night terrors, and only slightly over-the-top. Here is Sir Farcical Comick:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/authorsfarce_sirfarcicalcomick_3_128kb.mp3 [0:53]
:lol: :thumbs: I love the high voice you're doing here, it sounds like Farcical is constantly excited. A great portrayal indeed, thank you, Jim. Now looking forward to how you will act out your Constable.

I have a small deviation to the text:

> at 0:27: (p. 49) "I have made foreigners break English" – you say "speak", but the joke is lost in that case, also he later says "break Latin" so those two are mirroring each other

The rest is perfect, he should have had a bigger role.

Sonia
MetalFrost66

Post by MetalFrost66 »

Hi. I recently submitted a 1 minute test for feedback. But if you're still looking for someone to voice the manager in act III then I'm more than willing to read that out.
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

Kitty wrote: July 12th, 2021, 11:19 pm
JHedrick wrote: July 12th, 2021, 8:49 amAlas, so few lines as to not induce night terrors, and only slightly over-the-top. Here is Sir Farcical Comick:
:lol: :thumbs: I love the high voice you're doing here, it sounds like Farcical is constantly excited. A great portrayal indeed, thank you, Jim. Now looking forward to how you will act out your Constable.

I have a small deviation to the text:

> at 0:27: (p. 49) "I have made foreigners break English" – you say "speak", but the joke is lost in that case, also he later says "break Latin" so those two are mirroring each other

The rest is perfect, he should have had a bigger role.

Sonia
Here is the correction: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/authorsfarce_sirfarcicalcomick_3_128kb.mp3 [0:53]

Constable is in the can - i just need to edit it.
Jim in Ohio

JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

Jim in Ohio

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:shock: :lol: the constable sounds like Graham Chapman from Monty Python, now I see him before my inner eye. Won-der-ful !

And there's more to come, because you missed a part ;)

> at 1:16: (p. 63) "when some skin you have lost" – you say "from" (this is a case of the annoyingly long-s)
> at 1:43: (p. 67) part of speech missing: "I hope your Majesty will pardon a poor ignorant constable"

Sir Farcical is PL ok. :thumbs:

thanks for the brilliant characters. This puppet show must have been a hoot in the days. :mrgreen:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

MetalFrost66 wrote: July 13th, 2021, 2:40 pmHi. I recently submitted a 1 minute test for feedback. But if you're still looking for someone to voice the manager in act III then I'm more than willing to read that out.
we are thrilled to get new voices !!!! I'm especially looking forward to an Irish voice :9:

I'll sign you up for the manager, but indeed, best wait for the test to be ok'ed...I had a quick look and already saw that the bitrate is variable instead of 128kbps constant. Maybe you could tweak that already and reupload.
I replied to your thread here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=88236

Welcome to the crazy gang of thespians. Also known as Todd's Mob. :lol:

Sonia
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

May I read the Messenger? So far as I can see he doesn't interact with Don Tragedio, my other non-Epilogue role in Act 3.
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

JoannaHoyt wrote: July 14th, 2021, 3:09 am May I read the Messenger? So far as I can see he doesn't interact with Don Tragedio, my other non-Epilogue role in Act 3.
actually...checking closer, Tragedio and the Messenger are on the same page at one point (p. 59-61) Maybe too close for Todd to accept ? Let's wait for his confirmation.

Sonia
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

Kitty wrote: July 14th, 2021, 3:12 am
JoannaHoyt wrote: July 14th, 2021, 3:09 am May I read the Messenger? So far as I can see he doesn't interact with Don Tragedio, my other non-Epilogue role in Act 3.
actually...checking closer, Tragedio and the Messenger are on the same page at one point (p. 59-61) Maybe too close for Todd to accept ? Let's wait for his confirmation.

Sonia
Waiting makes sense. Either way's good.
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Yes, it looks like Tragedio and Messenger are too intertwined for me. Sorry.

Thanks, Todd