Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

Here's Don Tragedio, duration 3:29. Let me know if the pitches waver too much and I'll try him again at a slightly higher and more consistent pitch (or if otherwise he's excessively excessive).
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/authorsfarce_dontragedio_3_128kb.mp3
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and all the lines are in now, thank you Grace !!! All PL ok now.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

JoannaHoyt wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 7:17 pmHere's Don Tragedio, duration 3:29. Let me know if the pitches waver too much and I'll try him again at a slightly higher and more consistent pitch (or if otherwise he's excessively excessive).
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/authorsfarce_dontragedio_3_128kb.mp3
"excessively excessive" is not something you can achieve in a farce in my opinion. The more dramatic the more fun and laughter. And your Tragedio is indeed a drama queen extraordinaire :lol: You definitely get the coveted CMTO badge (chuckled more than once) for this performance. And all PL ok.

You mentioning the pitch, I have to ask: your voice is rather deep, did you do this naturally ( :shock: kudos if you can get your voice that deep) or is this a pitch change in Audacity ? :hmm:

Thanks for this excellent performance !

Sonia
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

Thanks! I don't know how to adjust pitch in Audacity (should think about that next time I try a male role...) that's my best natural straw bass.
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

JoannaHoyt wrote: March 4th, 2021, 4:10 amThanks! I don't know how to adjust pitch in Audacity (should think about that next time I try a male role...) that's my best natural straw bass.
:thumbs: so cool. I don't get that deep, even though I like deep voices, they are more agreeable to the hear than high pitches (at least to my ears).

But I would not recommend using the artificial pitch enhancements. In my opinion they make the voice sound unnatural and it will not sound like you at all anymore. With what we can achieve "naturally" with our voices, I think that is fully enough for any drama purposes and at least it will really be "us" and not a machine.

Sonia
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

Kitty wrote: March 4th, 2021, 4:17 am
But I would not recommend using the artificial pitch enhancements. In my opinion they make the voice sound unnatural and it will not sound like you at all anymore. With what we can achieve "naturally" with our voices, I think that is fully enough for any drama purposes and at least it will really be "us" and not a machine.

Sonia
That makes sense. I'll confine my editing to volume control and cutting out the bits where I spit into the microphone.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

JoannaHoyt wrote: March 4th, 2021, 7:04 amcutting out the bits where I spit into the microphone.
:lol: I hope for the longevity of your microphone that doesn't happen too often.

Sonia
OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty »

If you think it's an acceptable pairing, could I claim Index in Act 2 & Count Ugly in Act 3?
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

Readers Wanted: Seen on the Stage, by Clayton Hamilton
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Yes, I think that will work. Thank you.

Todd
catharmaiden

Post by catharmaiden »

Charon. Super fun. More such roles please !

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/authorsfarce_charon_3_128kb.mp3 (4:08)

Sandra
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

You'll meet up with friends of Charon in The Dialogues of the Dead at viewtopic.php?f=27&t=83604 though Charon himself has already been claimed and read.

Thanks, Todd
czandra

Post by czandra »

:lol: poet. Charon has been claimed.. :lol:
I asked my librarian about the noise, and she said, "no one would come here
if they weren't allowed to talk out loud." So I read out loud.

Je lis à haute voix car refléchir fait trop de bruit!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

catharmaiden wrote: March 6th, 2021, 1:43 pmCharon. Super fun. More such roles please !
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/authorsfarce_charon_3_128kb.mp3 (4:08)
:lol: I extremely enjoy the comical streak you are giving Charon, it's almost fun to go to the other side, just to hear one of his grumblings and rants :mrgreen: Totally PL ok, thanks for taking part here, Sandra !

Sonia