COMPLETE[PLAY]The Author's Farce by Fielding - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
czandra

Post by czandra »

I highlight the recording window, press Effect, Amplify, change dB to 4.0, then I can only press "manage" or "cancel". Under manage are a number of options including "save preset" and "export". The OK window is not highlighted and can't choose it...?? Do I have to allow clipping? oooops. Okay, I clicked allow clipping, and the Ok button came on. So will upload it now and you can see if it worked. Thanks for your patience.
I asked my librarian about the noise, and she said, "no one would come here
if they weren't allowed to talk out loud." So I read out loud.

Je lis à haute voix car refléchir fait trop de bruit!
czandra

Post by czandra »

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/authorsfarce_poet_3_128kb.mp3

3m18s I've made the change to booksellers, but there's background noise in the clip now :roll:

czandra

Post by czandra »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

czandra wrote: February 25th, 2021, 7:21 amI highlight the recording window, press Effect, Amplify, change dB to 4.0, then I can only press "manage" or "cancel". Under manage are a number of options including "save preset" and "export". The OK window is not highlighted and can't choose it...?? Do I have to allow clipping?
ah that was the problem, I didn't think about the clipping. Yes usually one should NOT allow clipping, because the sound can get distorted if it is too much. Very often it's only one or two peaks that clip, and that is not so bad then. I usually manually change these peaks to a few dB less and then it lets me amplify the whole without any problems.

Both Blotpage and Poet are now PL ok. The extra background noise appears after amplification because the noise is of course also amplified then. It's ok though, Todd may clean the noise a bit if it's excessive, but here it is fine I'd say.

Thanks !

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

GraceBuchanan wrote: February 24th, 2021, 4:12 pmI would like to claim Quibble and Bantomite please.
I think this one got lost under the discussion with czandra ;) thanks, I'll sign you up !!

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: February 25th, 2021, 7:45 am
czandra wrote: February 25th, 2021, 7:21 amI highlight the recording window, press Effect, Amplify, change dB to 4.0, then I can only press "manage" or "cancel". Under manage are a number of options including "save preset" and "export". The OK window is not highlighted and can't choose it...?? Do I have to allow clipping?
ah that was the problem, I didn't think about the clipping. Yes usually one should NOT allow clipping, because the sound can get distorted if it is too much. Very often it's only one or two peaks that clip, and that is not so bad then. I usually manually change these peaks to a few dB less and then it lets me amplify the whole without any problems.

Both Blotpage and Poet are now PL ok. The extra background noise appears after amplification because the noise is of course also amplified then. It's ok though, Todd may clean the noise a bit if it's excessive, but here it is fine I'd say.

Thanks !

Sonia
Another possibility is using "Effects/Compressor" - that cuts peaks and (in the default setting) amplifies low stuff.

Thanks, Todd
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Kitty wrote: February 22nd, 2021, 2:21 am
wib66 wrote: February 21st, 2021, 12:53 pmHere is the recording for Joan act 3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/authorsfarce_joan_03_128kb.mp3
nicely played, Michele, you give it to him good :twisted: :thumbs: especially in the song.

There are two lines missing though:

> at about 2:14: (p. 40) please insert "BOTH" line: "Would you were hanged or drowned in a ditch."
> at about 2:30: (p. 41) another missed "BOTH" line: "Joy of my life, and only care."

thanks !

Sonia
Here is the file with the missing lines

Thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wib66 wrote: February 27th, 2021, 1:49 pmHere is the file with the missing lines
thanks, and PL ok now :)

Sonia
GraceBuchanan

Post by GraceBuchanan »

My LibriVox publications

All Listeners: I welcome all feedback including word-perfect proofing
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

May I be Don Tragedio in Act 3? I already read Dash in act 2 and the Second Poet in Act 3, but the Second Poet only speaks in the epilogue not the body of Act 3, so I wouldn't be talking to myself...
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

GraceBuchanan wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 1:58 pmhttps://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/authorsfarce_bantamite_3_128kb.mp3 3:12
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/authorsfarce_quibble_2_128kb.mp3 2:11
Thanks for this opportunity to learn more about reading for plays.
thank you so much, Grace, for helping filling this project :thumbs: and I loved both performances, especially Quibble's poetry recital. He sounds like the more sober of the three scribblers :lol:

Straight PL ok for Quibble but for Bantamite, could you add the two last OMNES lines as well please ?

> at about 3:10: (p. 66 & 67): "Huzza !" and "How !"

Thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

JoannaHoyt wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 7:27 pmMay I be Don Tragedio in Act 3? I already read Dash in act 2 and the Second Poet in Act 3, but the Second Poet only speaks in the epilogue not the body of Act 3, so I wouldn't be talking to myself...
yes I think the Epilogue is a bit apart from the other acts, so can be counted as stand-alone. I also played the Cat in the Epilogue and Mrs Moneywood in Act 3, so it doesn't seem to be a problem.

Thank you Joanna, you're signed up !

Sonia
GraceBuchanan

Post by GraceBuchanan »

Kitty wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 1:13 am
GraceBuchanan wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 1:58 pmhttps://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/authorsfarce_bantamite_3_128kb.mp3 3:12
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/authorsfarce_quibble_2_128kb.mp3 2:11
Thanks for this opportunity to learn more about reading for plays.
thank you so much, Grace, for helping filling this project :thumbs: and I loved both performances, especially Quibble's poetry recital. He sounds like the more sober of the three scribblers :lol:

Straight PL ok for Quibble but for Bantamite, could you add the two last OMNES lines as well please ?

> at about 3:10: (p. 66 & 67): "Huzza !" and "How !"

Thanks

Sonia
Sonia, I'm sorry that I forgot Todd's note about OMNES. Thanks for pointing me back to it.
And thanks for all of your kindness.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/authorsfarce_bantamite_3_128kb.mp3 3:34
My LibriVox publications

All Listeners: I welcome all feedback including word-perfect proofing