COMPLETE[PLAY]The Cradle Song by Sierra - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
AngeliqueAnja

Post by AngeliqueAnja »

Kitty wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 2:39 pm
Interesting you also speak Dutch ? Maybe you should participate in our multilingual project with a short poem :) I am currently DPL to Dante's Hell in Dutch :shock: and I'm pleasantly surprised that I nearly understand everything 8-)
I do not speak dutch! Much to my mother's dismay. I played around with duolingo for a while... My French and Indonesian are far better (but I studied both in school), but not what I would call suitable for reading anything for a prolonged period of time! Maybe selections of pre-school books might be about my level...

Annie
DR: The Mystery of a Hansom Cab (Readers Wanted)
SOLO The Fairy Latchkey

I am without internet at the moment. Not sure for how long.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

AngeliqueAnja wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 2:45 pmMy French and Indonesian are far better (but I studied both in school), but not what I would call suitable for reading anything for a prolonged period of time! Maybe selections of pre-school books might be about my level...
French and Indonesian are also welcome in the multilingual project :mrgreen:

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
AngeliqueAnja

Post by AngeliqueAnja »

Kitty wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 2:47 pm French and Indonesian are also welcome in the multilingual project :mrgreen:
LMAO!!! If I stumble across anything in my level I'll give it a go... But I could never find anything when I was actively studying those languages.... So to find something in PD... Might be a little beyond me...
DR: The Mystery of a Hansom Cab (Readers Wanted)
SOLO The Fairy Latchkey

I am without internet at the moment. Not sure for how long.
leighfo

Post by leighfo »

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

By the way, do not use brackets [] in the file names. They are shown in the first posting to show what parts of the file name you customize (which you did exactly correctly), but the [] should not be included. It doesn't matter in a dramatic work - I take your files apart to assemble the master file for each act - but in books, etc, where your file is exactly what goes to the catalog, the file name has to be correct - without [].

Thanks, Todd
EltonTheSnowman

Post by EltonTheSnowman »

Matea Bracic

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.”
-Groucho Marx
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

oh how lovely Melinda, Sister Inez sounds like she is always smiling. I can picture her an elderly nun, trying to be stern but having a good heart and understanding for the younger ones, nevertheless. Nice charaterization, and I loved the laughs.

Act 2 straight PL ok.

For Act 1 I have a small correction though:

> for the voice credit, please always include the full description: "sister Inez, aged 50, read by"

> at 3:40: (p. 27) "yes yes mother, do do" - this can be cut as it's the novices that should say this, and sister Inez is not one of the novices at age 50 ;)

thanks

Sonia
leighfo

Post by leighfo »

ToddHW wrote: January 8th, 2021, 4:18 am Thank you.

By the way, do not use brackets [] in the file names. They are shown in the first posting to show what parts of the file name you customize (which you did exactly correctly), but the [] should not be included. It doesn't matter in a dramatic work - I take your files apart to assemble the master file for each act - but in books, etc, where your file is exactly what goes to the catalog, the file name has to be correct - without [].

Thanks, Todd
Got it! Thank you.
leighfo

Post by leighfo »

Here is Inez with corrections:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cradlesong_sisterinez_1_128kb.mp3

Thank you,
Melinda
leighfo

Post by leighfo »

Kitty wrote: January 9th, 2021, 8:24 am
oh how lovely Melinda, Sister Inez sounds like she is always smiling. I can picture her an elderly nun, trying to be stern but having a good heart and understanding for the younger ones, nevertheless. Nice charaterization, and I loved the laughs.

Act 2 straight PL ok.

For Act 1 I have a small correction though:

> for the voice credit, please always include the full description: "sister Inez, aged 50, read by"

> at 3:40: (p. 27) "yes yes mother, do do" - this can be cut as it's the novices that should say this, and sister Inez is not one of the novices at age 50 ;)

thanks

Sonia
Thank you Sonia! This was my first dramatic project for Librivox, and it was a lot of fun!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

leighfo wrote: January 9th, 2021, 5:41 pm Here is Inez with corrections:

Thank you,
Melinda
Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Mattea, definitely a treat. Sister Maria Jesus is a very lively person, I enjoyed this performance. In fact, hearing you all, I cannot imagine any of them fit into a nunnery that well :lol: They love fun too much. There is not one stern or moping among you.

I have a few small additions though:

Act 1:

> for the voice credit, please always include the full description which you can see in the MW: Sister Maria Jesus, aged 19, read by..."
> at about 0:19: (p. 7 & p. 10) two missed ALL lines: "Long live our mother" and "God bless us. God bless us." Also a solo line p. 11: "As if she didn't like sweets."

Great job in the Latin at the end. Though I think you will only be included in the VOICES (plural) parts, not the VOICE (singular) since that will only be one voice, but leave the lines in for the time being. I'm not sure who Todd had in mind for that part, probably the mother superior :hmm:

Act 2:

> at about 2:31: (p. 65) missed line: "You must promise us to take good care of her"
> at about 2:37: (p. 68) missed NUNS line: "Ah Lord, Good Lord, May it be God's holy will."

thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

leighfo wrote: January 9th, 2021, 5:41 pm Here is Inez with corrections:
thank you, now definitely PL ok :) the volume is a bit under the desired limits, but I'll make a note for Todd, he'll adjust in the editing phase.

Hope to hear you in many more plays. :9:

Sonia
EltonTheSnowman

Post by EltonTheSnowman »

Kitty wrote: January 10th, 2021, 8:35 am thank you, Mattea, definitely a treat. Sister Maria Jesus is a very lively person, I enjoyed this performance. In fact, hearing you all, I cannot imagine any of them fit into a nunnery that well :lol: They love fun too much. There is not one stern or moping among you.

I have a few small additions though:

Act 1:

> for the voice credit, please always include the full description which you can see in the MW: Sister Maria Jesus, aged 19, read by..."
> at about 0:19:( p. 7 & p. 10) two missed ALL lines: "Long live our mother" and "God bless us. God bless us." Also a solo line p. 11: "As if she didn't like sweets."

Great job in the Latin at the end. Though I think you will only be included in the VOICES (plural) parts, not the VOICE (singular) since that will only be one voice, but leave the lines in for the time being. I'm not sure who Todd had in mind for that part, probably the mother superior :hmm:

Act 2:

> at about 2:31: (p. 65) missed line: "You must promise us to take good care of her"
> at about 2:37: (p. 68) missed NUNS line: "Ah Lord, Good Lord, May it be God's holy will."

thanks

Sonia
Here are the corrected versions of both acts:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cradlesong_mariajesus_1_128kb.mp3
(7:11)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cradlesong_mariajesus_2_128kb.mp3
(2:56)

I recorded the VOICE (singular) because it wasn't attributed to anyone in particular in the MW, so I figured it would be easier to cut those bits out if necessary, rather than record them anew. :mrgreen: Guess it well be up to Todd to decide who will be chosen as the mysterious voice within.

While I was recording the Latin prayer segment, I was tempted to throw in the chant of the monks from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail". :lol:
Matea Bracic

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.”
-Groucho Marx