ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
EltonTheSnowman

Post by EltonTheSnowman »

Kitty wrote: November 10th, 2020, 1:21 am
EltonTheSnowman wrote: November 7th, 2020, 8:54 amLady Frances Touchwood ready for PL:
excellently played, Mattea, she sounds very naive and innocent but still forcefully getting her will if she really wants to. :thumbs: Now hearing you I am not sure I sound similar as Kitty when I have to "play" Lady Frances. How Courtall could fall for the trap is a mystery to me :lol:

Acts 2-4 are straight PL ok.

A few missed lines for Act 5 though:

> at about 1:31: missed line: "A-propos; now we shall be informed. Mr. Saville, I rejoice to see you, though Sir George will be disappointed: he's gone to your lodgings."

> at about 2:30: missed OMNES line: "Ha! ha! ha!"

> at about 3:01: missed OMNES line: "Joy! joy! joy!"

thanks !

Sonia
Here's the corrected version of act 5:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bellesstratagem_ladyfrances_5_128kb.mp3
(3:37)

I apologise for the delay, my voice was completely destroyed after spending the entire week making seemingly endless phone calls at work. :(
Matea Bracic

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.”
-Groucho Marx
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

EltonTheSnowman wrote: November 15th, 2020, 8:18 amI apologise for the delay, my voice was completely destroyed after spending the entire week making seemingly endless phone calls at work. :(
ah yes, those people will never understand that we need our voice for much more important recordings here for LV :mrgreen:

thank you, Mattea, it's all PL ok now. Hope your voice is back to normal. It sounded good to me.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Sir George Touchwood awaits PL in the MW.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: November 15th, 2020, 4:12 pmSir George Touchwood awaits PL in the MW.
I hope Sir George was not getting impatient. Well acted out, Todd. Sir George does have a certain grandeur, which I first didn't think he had. He is not entirely like the bumbling elderly husband the young wife is cheating on (à la Molière). I like this character actually much more than the other cliché.

Acts 4 and 5 already PL ok :)

PL notes for Act 2:
> at 9:20: "I, for instance, should consider a man's complimenting my Wife as an impertinence" – you say "his wife", which would not be an impertinence

PL notes for Act 3:
> at 2:11: "Twould be a shocking indecorum to be seen together, you know." – I think you say "decorum" instead of "indecorum"

thanks

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Well, why is it not a shocking indecorum for anyone to comment upon my lines? Complimenting my wife would be a sign of their good taste; complimenting their own would be but begging for approval of their good luck.

It was nice not to have to bumble along....

Ready for Spot PL.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: November 16th, 2020, 7:20 amWell, why is it not a shocking indecorum for anyone to comment upon my lines? Complimenting my wife would be a sign of their good taste; complimenting their own would be but begging for approval of their good luck.
:lol: easyyyy....breathe deeply.

In fact you are not wrong with the comments, but I think Sir George sees it a bit differently here ;)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: November 16th, 2020, 7:20 amReady for Spot PL.
:shock: I must have missed this. Sorry ! Both acts now PL ok. Thank you. Excellent patches.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alatheron wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 4:44 pmDoricourt ready for PL:
wow, Andrew, thank you so much, this was a wonderful performance :clap: I especially loved the moments of faked madness you presented so convincingly. But for the rest, you convey the complexity of his character quite well, and the tender lover-moments are just as enjoyable as the more hard-hearted attitudes he presents. :thumbs:

I'll mark Acts 1, 4 and 5 already PL ok.

I have a few small adjustements to suggest for acts 2 and 3. It's mostly cutting or inserting silences, so not that difficult to edit.

for Act 2:

> for the voice credit we usually use the standard "...read by...", not "played by". Maybe you could change it in this act, so we all sound consistent

> at 1:29: between "so here I sit" (throws himself on a sopha.) and "There's my hat, and here are my legs." – please leave also 2-3 seconds of silence here, to make it easier for our editor to insert the stage directions inside your speech

> at 2:04: between "no excuse in the world" (leaping from the sopha). and "Lead the way, John" – also here, please leave a bit more silence

for Act 3:

> at 0:07: between "So!" [Looking at a Picture.] and "this is my mistress" - also here: more silence

> from 0:21-0:25: between "La Bella Magdalena". and "Give me a woman in whose touching mien" – you can cut the long silence as it's all in the same speech

> at 0:42: between "Madam!"—[Aside.] and "Finely caught!" - more space

> from 1:27-1:29: between "here must be some envy in this!" and "I see she is a coquette." – silence can be cut shorter

> from 1:34-1:37: between "the truth of your character? ha, ha, ha!" and "Miss Hardy" – silence can be cut and you also you missed the second laughs (I enjoyed the first laughs, so wouldn't mind hearing some more here :mrgreen: )

Thank you. :) great job ! Hopefully we'll hear you in many more plays to come.

Sonia
alatheron

Post by alatheron »

Kitty wrote: November 23rd, 2020, 5:28 am
alatheron wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 4:44 pmDoricourt ready for PL:
I have a few small adjustements to suggest for acts 2 and 3...
Thank you for listening! Have made your amendments and just to make things simpler have replaced the voice credit for all sections:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bellesstratagem_doricourt_1_128kb.mp3 (4:53) *
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bellesstratagem_doricourt_2_128kb.mp3 (2:15)
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bellesstratagem_doricourt_3_128kb.mp3 (3:43)
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bellesstratagem_doricourt_4_128kb.mp3 (5:52) *
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bellesstratagem_doricourt_5_128kb.mp3 (8:54) *

* Voice credits amended only

Thanks, Andrew
Andrew
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Finishing edits on a couple of pieces, so looking at this one.

My I take the role of Flutter?
He'll be a lot of fun, I think.
~ Larry
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd