COMPLETE[PLAY]The Belle's Stratagem by Hannah Cowley - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alatheron wrote: November 23rd, 2020, 9:58 amHave made your amendments and just to make things simpler have replaced the voice credit for all sections:
thank you, perfects edits and now all is PL ok. :thumbs: You did not have to reupload sections that are already PL ok. The voice credit can just as well be cut out from the second act. I already made a note for Todd in the MW.

Sonia
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

ToddHW wrote: November 8th, 2020, 7:15 am Yes. But you are already in Act 4, so use a different voice for this Act 3 character.

Thanks, Todd
I have recorded this part with a different voice, as requested:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bellesstratagem_dick_3_128kb.mp3 1:39
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Salvationist wrote: November 27th, 2020, 4:54 pmI have recorded this part with a different voice, as requested:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bellesstratagem_dick_3_128kb.mp3 1:39
:lol: I love that you swap "my" to "me" everywhere here, to give Dick a more working-class demeanour. :thumbs: Nice touch to make him distinct and original. Highly enjoyed it !

I have one small note, but my ears may have tricked me, so feel free to ignore it:

> at 0:33: "Sally is very thick with Mr. Gibson" - I think I hear "tick" which sounds odd

thanks, David !

Sonia
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Kitty wrote: November 30th, 2020, 2:24 am :lol: I love that you swap "my" to "me" everywhere here, to give Dick a more working-class demeanour. :thumbs: Nice touch to make him distinct and original. Highly enjoyed it !

I have one small note, but my ears may have tricked me, so feel free to ignore it:

> at 0:33: "Sally is very thick with Mr. Gibson" - I think I hear "tick" which sounds odd

thanks, David !

Sonia
I wondered if you would ask me about that word. I'm originally from Newfoundland and, for this role, I was drawing on a traditional Newfoundland English accent, which often pronounces "th" sounds as "t" sounds. Please let me know if you think the pronunciation is too confusing, as I am quite content to re-record it.
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Salvationist wrote: November 30th, 2020, 6:12 amI wondered if you would ask me about that word. I'm originally from Newfoundland and, for this role, I was drawing on a traditional Newfoundland English accent, which often pronounces "th" sounds as "t" sounds. Please let me know if you think the pronunciation is too confusing, as I am quite content to re-record it.
ah ok !!! I didn't realize the butler was imported into England from Newfoundland ! (who could have guessed ?) That changes everything, of course I wouldn't dare to correct him on his original use of dialect ! It's PL ok then. Let's have Sally tick Mr Gibson, I'm sure he will find it agreeable :lol:

Thank you

Sonia
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

-Jenn B.
My Recordings
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jennlea wrote: November 30th, 2020, 10:05 pmHere is Act 1 and Act 3 for Letitia:
:shock: :lol: hilarious, Jenn ! You outdid yourself in the scene where you play a nitwitty countrywench. :thumbs: I was grinning throughout the whole performance. This will be an excellent scene. Loved it !

Both acts PL ok. Thank you

Sonia
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Kitty wrote: December 1st, 2020, 4:57 am :shock: :lol: hilarious, Jenn ! You outdid yourself in the scene where you play a nitwitty countrywench. :thumbs: I was grinning throughout the whole performance. This will be an excellent scene. Loved it !

Sonia
Thank you :9:
Looking forward to recording the rest of her lines!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

I'll claim Saville, please.

Mike
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

jennlea wrote: December 1st, 2020, 5:53 am
Kitty wrote: December 1st, 2020, 4:57 am :shock: :lol: hilarious, Jenn ! You outdid yourself in the scene where you play a nitwitty countrywench. :thumbs: I was grinning throughout the whole performance. This will be an excellent scene. Loved it !

Sonia
Thank you :9:
Looking forward to recording the rest of her lines!
And believe me, Kitty knows all there is to know about playing nitwitty country wenches!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: December 1st, 2020, 9:59 am And believe me, Kitty knows all there is to know about playing nitwitty country wenches!
I heard that ! You just wait for the next Pinero to come...or any other play for that matter...

Sonia
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

Saville, Act 1, duration 6:48

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bellesstratagem_saville_1_128kb.mp3

By the way, I believe one of Saville's lines is mislabeled Servant. It's toward the end of Act 1, Scene 1, and begins "Five minutes! Zounds!..." The Servant has just exited, so I think it's Saville's (and I recorded it).

Mike
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

And the reaction of recording anything in doubt is a good rule to follow for anybody in these old plays - I'll straighten it all out later when I edit.

Thanks, Todd