ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

nicely done, Marya :clap: I love the very blazé character and voice you are giving Villers. It gives him a bit of a world-weary roguish touch. (the yawn was excellent too !)

Also nothing missing, so both parts are PL ok. If I could only mention one suggestion, to help our editor to cut out the bits, please remember to leave more space between your quotes. Often you have up to 2 seconds, which is good, but in many places there is barely 1 second, which is a bit short to fiddle around. 2-3 seconds of silence would be optimal. No need to reupload those two now, but maybe consider it for your Act 5 to come.

Thanks, and I hope you liked the acting out, so we hear you in plenty other plays soon !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

MManolakes wrote: December 13th, 2020, 4:26 pmSaville, Act 5, duration 8:47
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bellesstratagem_saville_5_128kb.mp3
ah what refreshing laughs :lol: (they do sound a bit lunatic too though :mrgreen: ) another excellently PL ok act, and I think with that we finished Saville in style. There was only one instance where you forgot to insert a long break between quotes but I think there is no need to reupload, Todd can manage it once ;)

Thank you Mike, and I'm sure I'll be seeing you in a new play soon !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jennlea wrote:Sorry it took me so long to get more of Letitia done, but here is Act 4:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bellesstratagem_letitia_4_128kb.mp3

Here is the final Act for Letitia:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bellesstratagem_letitia_5_128kb.mp3
better late than never, thank you, Jenn ! Letitia is lovely and refreshing till the end. A nice stratagem to ensnare an unwilling bridegroom :lol: You were perfect in the role.

And both acts PL ok

Sonia
kiwileer1

Post by kiwileer1 »

Hi Todd,

I am interested in reading: Section1 - Servant, Act 1.

Thank you so much!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you and welcome to Librivox. Unlike in books which you do claim by section, when you claim a character in a drama you read that character's part in whatever part of the play they speak. So here in addition to Act 1 which you asked for, you also will be doing lines in Acts 2 and 4 - submitting a separate file for each of the acts.

Oh, and by the way, the sections move around - I try to keep open sections on top of the MW and completed sections on the bottom - so remember your role, not the section number. So you will be naming your upload files by character and act, not by section. See the first post for details.

Here is a short summary for the important special rules in drama:

1) you don't have to read an intro or outro disclaimer, this will be done by the narrator. Instead, record your voice credit at the beginning of the file, which should be: "Servant [= what it says in the MW for that character], read by XXXX" (XXX = your reader name )

2) then browse through the text and record all the lines you have to speak. Also include any "All" lines while your character is on stage. For a big role it may be good to read the entire play to get into character, but at least it would be good to read a bit around your lines, see what the others are saying, so you can better "react" to them. Just be as expressive (according to the character) as you can in your role.

3) if there are pointers in the text qualifying your voice, like [laughs] or [whines], an added bonus would be that you act those out in your reading, if possible, to make it all more interesting.

4) upload a different file for each act your character is in, named as it says in the first posting. Your file will be proof-listened, and you may receive some notes on corrections and their time locations in your file. These will be posted in the forum and show in the Magic Window marked as "See PL Notes" - please cut corrections into your file to update it and upload a new file (SAME NAME) in a reasonable time - like before your voice and equipment setup change and everything sounds different!

5) and most importantly: please leave enough space between each of your speeches, preferably 5-10 seconds or more. Even when you have the stage directions in the middle of your speech (for example: [kisses her hand]), also leave 5-10 seconds of pause there, because our editor (me) later on has to copy all your parts and paste them into his (my) master file and it's helpful if he (me) has enough space to fiddle with

That's it, I think. Just post any questions here - we're friendly.

Thanks, Todd
Remus

Post by Remus »

Hello all,
Can I be the French servant? That role should fit me comme un gant :lol:
Rémi
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Remus wrote: December 18th, 2020, 4:02 amCan I be the French servant? That role should fit me comme un gant
:lol: en effet, super, Rémi !!! Thank you so much for breathing in the authentic French touch into this play.

Sonia
Remus

Post by Remus »

Et voilà :

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bellesstratagem_frenchservant_1_128kb.mp3
(duration 1:01)

Hope that sounds fine!
Rémi
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Remus wrote: December 18th, 2020, 8:00 amEt voilà :
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bellesstratagem_frenchservant_1_128kb.mp3
(duration 1:01)
Hope that sounds fine!
Rémi
this was brilliant, exactly as I was expecting it, thank you so much, Rémi. And I know from own experience that it is VERY hard to switch between accents. I remember some roles I did do a bit of Frenglish as well and I kept tripping up, saying the French words in English :lol: I bet you encountered the same challenge.

But it's totally PL ok. Thanks for the fast turn-around. This will be a funny scene.

Sonia