FULL[PLAY]Love for Love by Congreve - thw

Plays and other dramatic works
ktaylor07

Post by ktaylor07 » October 6th, 2020, 3:46 pm

Kitty wrote:
October 6th, 2020, 6:09 am
ktaylor07 wrote:
October 5th, 2020, 1:20 pm
Here is my short contribution as Jenny... who apparently subscribes to the belief that good servants are seen, not heard.
:lol: you're right, she makes herself rather scarce in the play. But she sounds so fresh and eager to help, it's lovely.

Oh and I noticed that Todd missed one line in Act 4 for Jenny ("Yes, madam; Sir Sampson will wait upon you presently."), so you can don the servant's cap once more to record that one ;) I inserted a new section for you in the MW. Please make a new file for it.

I'll mark this Act PL ok, even though the voice credit wasn't complete. But since you have to record Act 4 anyway, you can include the full voice credit there. Also for future plays, please always include the whole description of the role, as marked down in the MW. In this case: "Jenny, maid to Angelica, read by..."

Thank you

Sonia
Here is Jenny, back for an encore!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveforlove_jenny_4_128kb.mp3

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » October 7th, 2020, 4:57 am

perfectly snipped, and PL ok now :) thanks

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » October 7th, 2020, 5:00 am

ktaylor07 wrote:
October 6th, 2020, 3:46 pm
Here is Jenny, back for an encore!
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveforlove_jenny_4_128kb.mp3
I can literally see you curtseying here :thumbs: well done and PL ok. Thank you !

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » October 8th, 2020, 11:49 am

Todd, beware, here is my first act for Angelica, the girl with the angel name (but not temperament) :mrgreen: She is a handful when angered. You should just have let me have that coach :roll: Oh you will so not be ready for a fight with me this time. I'm sure you can tell I had fun. :lol:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveforlove_angelica_2_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 3:50 min.

Sonia (the angel smilie doesn't seem to work anymore...did you have a hand in that ? :evil: )

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW » October 8th, 2020, 2:03 pm

It is a good thing you are only my niece, you misbehaving brat and "provoking minx", and that I can't disinherit you of your fortune.

But all these idle words just wash over me like water off a duck. "I will have patience, since it is the will of the stars I should be thus tormented."

PL OK given the role you must play.

Thanks, Uncle Todd

luna2hui

Post by luna2hui » October 8th, 2020, 6:49 pm

Hi I'd like to try number 15 (Stage Directions Act 5)

Sorry to trouble you with so many questions.

It's my first time recording on Librivox, I'm Stella.

Just to clarify for stage directions the clip should be recorded like this right?

[Stage Directions], read by [Stella T].

Act [#] of Love for Love, by William Congreve. This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit Librivox dot org.

Act V. Scene I. (stage direction)

Just wondering if there's a preferred duration of pause you would like between each direction (All directions in one recording for one act right?)

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » October 8th, 2020, 11:48 pm

Hello Stella and a warm welcome to the drama forum :D

I see you already passed your test, so :thumbs: well done and you are ready to roll.
luna2hui wrote:
October 8th, 2020, 6:49 pm
Hi I'd like to try number 15 (Stage Directions Act 5)
right from the start: in drama we assign only one reader per entire role, so if you like to read the stage directions, you need to sign up for all 5 acts. If that is what you wish, then you are welcome to them. Please confirm before I assign anything to you. :)
Just to clarify for stage directions the clip should be recorded like this right?
[Stage Directions], read by [Stella T].
correct
Act [#] of Love for Love, by William Congreve. This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit Librivox dot org.

Act V. Scene I. (stage direction)
the intro is correct yes. It's always pointed out in the first post of each project, so you can check there when in doubt.

For the stage directions, you need to read everything that is not read by the actors. So each time you see "closes door" or "drinks wine" or "exit left", you would need to read. Often it's written in italics or between brackets, but not always, so finding all the directions can be tricky business.

There is a special rule that concerns reading the characters' names. It's quite easy to remember:

1) if the stage direction appears at the beginning of the speech, you include the character's name.
Example:
John (sitting down on the couch): "I feel a headache coming on."
you would read everything I underlined now, including the name.

2) if the stage direction is in the middle or at the end of the speech, you do not repeat the name, because it's already clear who is speaking.
Example:
John: "I feel a headache coming on." (sits down on the couch) "I think I need a rest." (dozes off)
both times, no name included, only the underlined parts would be read.
Just wondering if there's a preferred duration of pause you would like between each direction
yes please leave at least 2-3 seconds between each chunk. So each time the narration is interrupted by a character speech, you leave ample space. It makes copy/pasting easier for our editor.
All directions in one recording for one act right?
yes one file per act :)

So let me know if you like to do all 5 acts, or if you prefer to start out with a smaller role for your first assignment. Also, if you want to do the stage directions, I would suggest starting with acts 2-5, and leaving Act 1 till last. This one requires a bit more handling with the cast list, which I will explain at that point, but it's good if you get a bit more practice before you tackle that one ;)

Sonia

luna2hui

Post by luna2hui » October 9th, 2020, 3:45 am

Hi Sonia,

Thanks for the reply, I think I'll give the stage directions a go then!

~Stella

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » October 9th, 2020, 3:57 am

luna2hui wrote:
October 9th, 2020, 3:45 am
Thanks for the reply, I think I'll give the stage directions a go then!
super, thank you so much.

So I opened your personal reader page for you: https://librivox.org/reader/15082
you will see all your projects listed there. If you click on Reader Section Details, you'll see your outstanding claims or claims that have notes to correct. Quite handy to keep track of all your projects if you participate in more than one.

As you can see I gave your reader name as Stella T. If you want this changed, I can still change it, no problem :)

And now: good luck with the stage directions. As I said before, start with Act TWO ;) then wait for my feedback, then I'll coach you through it all in case there are errors. Oh and as you see in the Magic Window (MW for short) you don't have to read the Prologue or Epilogue, this was already done by the voice actors.

Sonia

GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano » October 9th, 2020, 5:46 am

Is like to claim Buckram, a lawyer, please!

Thank you!

Greg

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » October 9th, 2020, 10:24 am

Uncle Todd wrote:It is a good thing you are only my niece, you misbehaving brat and "provoking minx"
who are you calling minx ? :evil:

Well in Act 3 you will see that you should not take it too personal, since Angelica is the same shrew with her lover Valentine :lol: And I love leading Sir Sampson on (the old goat). :mrgreen:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveforlove_angelica_3_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 3:53 min.

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » October 9th, 2020, 11:37 am

here are 7 minutes of dripping sarcasm and insincerity :mrgreen: I enjoyed this act very much

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveforlove_angelica_4_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 7:05 min.

Sonia

Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader » October 9th, 2020, 12:48 pm

Hi Todd,

To keep this project moving along, might I claim Section 6 "Officer Act 1" and Sections 7 and 8 "Servant, Acts 2 and 3"?

Thanks,

Wayne
Wayne
What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other? ~George Eliot