Todd
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Kathi, you are a perfect nurse in this play, you give the needed amount of bewilderment to your voice, seems poor nurse is a bit stressed with her charge of Angelica in many scenes :lol: Nice performance.

I'll mark Acts 3 and 5 already PL ok, but I would like to advise you of the necessaity for silences between quotes for future drama recordings: please leave more space between the separate quotes, at least 2 seconds of silence, 3 would be even better. It will make the editor's job much easier if he has enough fiddling space to copy and paste the bits.

A good example is in Act 3: between 0:34 and 0:35: "O lord, who's there ?" [peeps] "what's here to do ?" and between 0:47 and 0:48: "O you young harlotry" [knocks]. "Od’s my life": best leave 2-3 seconds of silence between the quotes because the stage directions need to be inserted. It's ok for this time but please implement it on your next recordings. :)

I have one PL note for Act 2 though:

> at 1:16: "A teat, a teat—I an unnatural teat!" – you say "tat a tate" which changes the meaning here of this dialogue. What is meant is a teat (pronounced "teet" = nipple of a breast). Angelica is accusing the nurse of devilish practices, which exasperates her :lol:

thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ah while I'm at it, let me get Jeremy PLed as well. Another great performance, Alan. Jeremy is a mix between knowing wit and ingenue :lol: quite a dual personality, I cannot really fathom him out. Well done. And PL ok again.

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Kitty wrote: October 27th, 2020, 2:55 am
ah while I'm at it, let me get Jeremy PLed as well. Another great performance, Alan. Jeremy is a mix between knowing wit and ingenue :lol: quite a dual personality, I cannot really fathom him out. Well done. And PL ok again.
Record time usual. Less that 10 minutes :clap:
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: October 27th, 2020, 2:57 am Record time usual. Less that 10 minutes :clap:
:lol: thanks. Seeing your file was nearly 8 minutes long, I was fast to jump on it. Well I just saw your post when I posted mine. :mrgreen:

Sonia
luna2hui

Post by luna2hui »

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveforlove_stagedirections_2_128kbp.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveforlove_stagedirections_3_128kbp.mp3

Hope Act 2 is better. Will upload Act 4 and 5 soon.

Please advise if any further work is needed. I amplified volume until it showed as Passed on the checker.

Thanks,
Stella
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

luna2hui wrote: October 27th, 2020, 6:54 amhttps://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveforlove_stagedirections_2_128kbp.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveforlove_stagedirections_3_128kbp.mp3

Hope Act 2 is better. Will upload Act 4 and 5 soon.
Please advise if any further work is needed. I amplified volume until it showed as Passed on the checker.
thank you Stella, these are both excellent. You corrected everything perfectly and I noticed that you pay well attention to which "asides" have to go at the beginning of the speech. :thumbs: There were no errors at all in Act 3.

Both are straight PL ok. :clap: Great job ! And yes, the volume seems to be good now 8-)

Ah yes, only one small note, but no need to correct this time. But careful to leave 2-3 seconds between each chunk, even if they follow quite fast, as happened here when all those people were kissed. You didn't leave much space between the kisses, but he always talked in between, so we need to paste speech there. Easier to do when there is enough space ;)

Thank you

Sonia
Kathimariewalsheck

Post by Kathimariewalsheck »

thank you for the corrections. I will make them over the weekend. :)

Kathi
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Foresight awaits PL in the MW.

By the way, in act 5, scene 8, the words "And there’s the handsome young woman, she, as they say, brother Val went mad for, she’s mad too, I think." should be spoken by Ben though now written as part of a line by Foresight. (I spoke the lines - just leave them in my file for now.) I marked the error in the MW for Ben.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: October 29th, 2020, 9:20 amForesight awaits PL in the MW.

By the way, in act 5, scene 8, the words "And there’s the handsome young woman, she, as they say, brother Val went mad for, she’s mad too, I think." should be spoken by Ben though now written as part of a line by Foresight. (I spoke the lines - just leave them in my file for now.) I marked the error in the MW for Ben.
indeed I found a scan from the 19th century, on p. 81 here you can see that Foresight says the first bit and Ben the second part of this line wrongly attributed to Foresight alone: https://archive.org/details/congrevescomedy00conggoog/page/n82/mode/2up

so this is how it should be:

FORE. Mercy on us, I was afraid of this.
BEN. And there’s the handsome young woman, she, as they say, brother Val went mad for, she’s mad too, I think.

well done, Todd :thumbs:

I bet you had fun calling me hussy and other names :evil: though of course your words cannot really hurt someone like Angelica :lol: I especially loved the bragging scene with Sir Sampson, where both try to out-do each other with enumerations on how much they have seen and known in the world :lol:

Excellent job, you bring Foresight to life (in a doddering kind of way, of course :mrgreen: very fitting when he feels weak and needs to go to bed.)

Thanks, all acts PL ok

Sonia
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Here is Mrs. Foresight, Act 2. Since I have never done a play before - I'll wait for your feedback before getting the other three acts to you.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveforlove_mrsforesight_02_128kb.mp3

Thanks,

M
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you. Put into the MW for PL'ing.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mleigh wrote: November 7th, 2020, 11:37 amHere is Mrs. Foresight, Act 2. Since I have never done a play before - I'll wait for your feedback before getting the other three acts to you.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveforlove_mrsforesight_02_128kb.mp3
hi M, and sorry for the delay, but the weekend was quite busy, didn't get much time for PLing.

But your performance was really very good, very nicely portrayed. If this was your first venture into drama, I can say it sounds like you felt at ease :) I am already looking forward to how she will interact with her husband (don't spare him - I never do when I play the wife :lol: )

I can mark the first section PL ok already, but have two small notes for the upcoming acts:

> for the voice credit, please always use the full description as written in the Magic Window, here: "Mrs. Foresight, second wife to Foresight, read by..." Since there were no other lines missing, you don't need to reupload this act, simply include the full credit into Act 3 and I'll make a note for the editor to look there.

> regarding the silences between quotes, most of them are long enough, but some are less than 1 second, which is a bit tight for the editor to fiddle with and copy/paste. We suggest 2 to 3 seconds between each quote to make the job easier. Also here, no need to reupload this time, only something to consider for the next parts. :)

Thanks, great job. And I hope you liked acting out, so we hear you in plenty more plays.

Sonia