ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

ToddHW wrote: September 12th, 2020, 5:45 am Thank you. You think you can avoid the villain this way?

Todd
Oh, sure! See, the thing is, I'll be able to see him, but he won't see me! :mrgreen:
ktaylor07

Post by ktaylor07 »

Here are the corrections to Pansy Purple:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/missbuzbysboarders_pansypurple_act2_128kb.mp3

Those were just birds outside my window, I guess... I didn't notice them. Had no idea they had gotten so crazy loud!
TomHersant

Post by TomHersant »

Greetings,
Mr. Jerome Townsend sends his apologies about the inaudible yet apparent sounds between his script's lines. He knew that those voices in his head have not, to his chagrin, been yet heard by others yet it was a surprise to him to see them reflected in the waveform. He has his ways and, with focus, has quieted them down to not only an inaudible level but also an invisible one. Since they're inaudible the time remains unchanged at 04mm44ss.
More audible requests made by our valued PM have also been incorporated.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/missbuzbysboarders_jerome_1_128kb.mp3
Tommy
Blackboards are truly remarkable!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
bmclach3

Post by bmclach3 »

Has Lilian been claimed yet?
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Welcome to Librivox. Your test voice was wonderful. And now this play is full.

Hope someone has given you the habit-forming addiction warning....

Some brief directions. The first posting in this (and every) project has the instructions on file names and uploading files and posting the uploader link in the forum to have the file Proof-Listened. These instructions are pretty standard throughout Librivox. Here is a short summary for the important special rules in drama:

1) you don't have to read an intro or outro disclaimer, this will be done by the narrator. Instead, record your voice credit at the beginning of the file, which should be something like: "Lillian Wendale, by the villian still pursued, read by XXXX" (whatever you want your reader name to be - doesn't have to be the same as your forum name - for example, I drop the HW and just say "Read by Todd" )

2) then browse through the text and record all the lines you have to speak. Also include any "All" lines while your character is on stage. For a big role it may be good to read the entire play to get into character, but at least it would be good to read a bit around your lines, see what the others are saying, so you can better "react" to them. Just be as expressive (according to the character) as you can in your role.

3) if there are pointers in the text qualifying your voice, like [laughs] or [whines], an added bonus would be that you act those out in your reading, if possible, to make it all more interesting.

4) your file will be proof-listened, and you may receive some notes on corrections and their time locations in your file. These will be posted in the forum and show in the Magic Window marked as "See PL Notes" - please cut corrections into your file to update it and upload a new file (SAME NAME) in a reasonable time - like before your voice and equipment setup change and everything sounds different!

5) and most importantly: please leave enough space between each of your speeches, preferably 5-10 seconds or more. Even when you have the stage directions in the middle of your speech (for example: [kisses her hand]), also leave 5-10 seconds of pause there, because our editor (me) later on has to copy all your parts and paste them into his (my) master file and it's helpful if he (me) has enough space to fiddle with

That's it, I think. Just have fun acting out. And post any questions here.

Thanks, Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Spot PL for Pansy and Jerome both PL ok.

Thank you both!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks, Adrian, nice work! Everything is here and sounds great! I didn't realize you were so good at playing a despicable scum. :lol: I'll admit, I was surprised that your part in the story ended where it did. It seemed like he didn't really get all that was coming to him. :hmm: But I haven't really heard enough roles yet to piece everything together, so maybe we learn that his come-uppance happens off-stage. :lol:

Just one thing to watch for next time. It's ok for now, since there is enough room for Todd to work with, but there are two spots in Act 2 where we'd ideally have more space, both on page 25:

0:14 Need space for stage directions after "come in."
0:30 Need space for stage directions after "your kind."

But like I said, it's just something to watch for nex time. No need to change anything now. :)
adrianstephens

Post by adrianstephens »

mightyfelix wrote: September 17th, 2020, 9:23 pm
Thanks, Adrian, nice work! Everything is here and sounds great! I didn't realize you were so good at playing a despicable scum. :lol: I'll admit, I was surprised that your part in the story ended where it did. It seemed like he didn't really get all that was coming to him. :hmm: But I haven't really heard enough roles yet to piece everything together, so maybe we learn that his come-uppance happens off-stage. :lol:

Just one thing to watch for next time. It's ok for now, since there is enough room for Todd to work with, but there are two spots in Act 2 where we'd ideally have more space, both on page 25:

0:14 Need space for stage directions after "come in."
0:30 Need space for stage directions after "your kind."

But like I said, it's just something to watch for nex time. No need to change anything now. :)
Thank you for your kind words, Devorah. I'll try and be more carefull with the spacing. I enjoyed letting my inner baddy out.
My Librivox-related YouTube series starts here: Part 0: Introduction. https://youtu.be/pMHYycgA5VU
Part 15: Case Study (Poem) https://youtu.be/41sr_VC1Qxo
Part 16: Case Study 2 (Dramatic Reading) https://youtu.be/GBIAd469vnM
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Nice work, Ava! It looks like you and Florinda are definitely the comic relief of this show! :lol: Everything sounds great, except for one missed edit in act 2.

Act 2:

1:29 Repeat of "Don't you meddle into things." with a long pause between the two takes. (I thought both takes sounded fine. :) )
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Here's Jimmie Spangler:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/missbuzbysboarders_jimmiespangler_2_128kb.mp3 6:34

It was fun to play with a classic New Yorker accent. I hope we'll continue to do plays by Arthur Tubbs! I really enjoyed listening to "Alias Miss Sherlock".
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd