Plays and other dramatic works
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix » November 5th, 2020, 7:51 pm

Salvationist wrote:
October 23rd, 2020, 3:01 pm
mightyfelix wrote:
October 11th, 2020, 7:36 pm
Nice job, David! Yes, I can tell that you had fun with the accent! I think it works for Jimmie! :)

I'll warn you that both of these files are a bit too loud, by about 3 or 4 dB. If this was a stand-alone chapter or something, that would need to be corrected. As it is, it's fine, since Todd will end up adjusting volume on everything anyway. That being said, there is only one correction to be made:

Voice credit should be read as "Jimmie Spangler, a song and dance artist, read by..." Underlined portion missing.
Thanks for the encouragement and the correction, Devorah! Here is the file again with the full voice credit:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/missbuzbysboarders_jimmiespangler_2_128kb.mp3 6:35
Whoops, I didn't notice that this one had been waiting for me! :oops: However, no harm done, as it is now totally PL ok! :thumbs:

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix » November 5th, 2020, 8:03 pm

Thank you, Jenn! I enjoyed your lively characterization! I think your questioning of Mr. Smith will play very well. :D Only a couple of issues with this one. Should be a quick fix.

0:17 Missing line (p. 6): "Do you?"
3:10 There is a loud thud behind your voice during the phrase "drop that little maks you are wearing" (p. 9) This whole sentence should be re-recorded.

Looking forward to the next act!

Salvationist

Post by Salvationist » November 6th, 2020, 3:14 pm

mightyfelix wrote:
November 5th, 2020, 7:51 pm
Whoops, I didn't notice that this one had been waiting for me! :oops: However, no harm done, as it is now totally PL ok! :thumbs:
No worries on the wait, Devorah! I look forward to participating in the next Tubbs play, if we do another.
Salvationist

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW » November 6th, 2020, 3:26 pm

Fear not, I do intend on running more of his plays.

Thanks, Todd

SopB

Post by SopB » November 7th, 2020, 12:19 pm

How exactly does this work? Do you have to get the timing exactly right, or do you just put spaces in between your paragraphs?

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix » November 7th, 2020, 12:26 pm

SopB wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 12:19 pm
How exactly does this work? Do you have to get the timing exactly right, or do you just put spaces in between your paragraphs?
Just leave spaces of about 3-5 seconds between each line. (This would include any places where your line is interrupted by stage directions.) Then the editor (in this case, Todd) will adjust the timing. :)

JtotheP716

Post by JtotheP716 » November 23rd, 2020, 8:09 pm

mightyfelix wrote:
November 5th, 2020, 8:03 pm
Thank you, Jenn! I enjoyed your lively characterization! I think your questioning of Mr. Smith will play very well. :D Only a couple of issues with this one. Should be a quick fix.

0:17 Missing line (p. 6): "Do you?"
3:10 There is a loud thud behind your voice during the phrase "drop that little maks you are wearing" (p. 9) This whole sentence should be re-recorded.

Looking forward to the next act!
Fixed!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/missbuzbysboarders_margueritemarr_1_128kb.mp3

JtotheP716

Post by JtotheP716 » November 23rd, 2020, 8:46 pm

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix » November 24th, 2020, 9:51 pm

I will listen to these after Thanksgiving. :thumbs:

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix » Yesterday, 5:00 pm

Marguerite is PL ok for Act 1. :thumbs:

And I think I enjoyed you even more in Act 2! :clap: Very no-nonsense. It's quite clear you're on your home turf here. And I love that hearty laugh you gave at the end! :9: A few quick notes here.

10:24 Some bumps and thumps under your voice in "What under the sun ever brought you here?" (p. 27) Mic got jostled, maybe.
12:57 I'm not sure how important this is, but it could potentially change the meaning and be confusing. There is an extra word added (underlined) in this line: "But, Florinda, you should have told her what you did before you left the house." (p. 30) The extra "her" could be taken as meaning either Miss Buzby or Lilian, and I don't know which is more likely, or less confusing, or... :? Anyway, it's not in the script, so might be best to redo this to be on the safe side.
13:19 Word switch that changes the meaning. "So do I" ought to be "So I do." (p. 31)
19:35 Slight word change, but the meaning is basically the same, so this is OPTIONAL. I hear: "....my way out--our way out." Script reads: "....my way out--that is, our way." (p. 36)

Also, you may need to watch your spacing in the future. I didn't make note of them, but there are several times where you neglected to leave a space in your line for stage directions to be inserted. On the other hand, there are also some places where you left a sizeable gap in the middle of your line where there shouldn't be one. Todd will tighten those up, but it would make his job easier if those weren't there, of course. :)