Post by davydave »

Ok, post edited Sonia
Thanks, Dave
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

davydave wrote: September 12th, 2020, 8:52 am Ok, post edited Sonia
Thanks, Dave
:thumbs: and I sent you a PM, check your inbox ;)

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Mr Bargus, MP (mostly pompous?), awaits your DPLingness in the MW. If you please, of course.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: September 12th, 2020, 2:17 pmMr Bargus, MP (mostly pompous?), awaits your DPLingness in the MW. If you please, of course.
:lol: well....Mr Bargus is, in a nutshell, a pomposity. :mrgreen: I especially loved the central discussion with Mrs Boyle-Chewton, where he shovels himself deeper and deeper into an embarrassing position.

And then: "I should desire the asylum for idiots to participate largely" :lol: :lol: now that was below the belt (and he probably didn't even realize the faux-pas).

Excellent job, Todd. You are perfectly cast. Yes it was a compliment, even though it may be misconstrued - but you know me --> Image

Acts 1 and 3 are already PL ok.

For Act 2 I have a small suggestion for clarification:

> at 0:25: (p. 66) "Miss Chewton – Rhoda." I was a bit confused by the intonation here, to me this sounds as if he was introducing two people - 1) Miss Chewton and 2) Rhoda - to each other. But this is the same person he is addressing, I guess more in the line of first formally saying "Miss" but then dashingly daringly (as much as Bargus is capable of Don Juanning it up - which might not amount to much :roll: ) calling her by her first name. (probably blushing up to his hair roots in the process).

It was just a thought...feel free to ignore my musings.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Perfectly cast as an inmate of the asylum for idiots you mean? I may have to rethink my recent words of DPL praise and disavowal of retaliatory measures at my disposal as posted elsewhere this morning

Oh, yeah, Miss Chewton and Rhoda are the same person. Whoops. I guess I was thinking ahead to when she would hopefully take on the new persona of Mrs Bargus....

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: September 14th, 2020, 3:57 amPerfectly cast as an inmate of the asylum for idiots you mean? I may have to rethink my recent words of DPL praise and disavowal of retaliatory measures at my disposal as posted elsewhere this morning
knew it !

but no...I didn't mean the asylum for idiots :lol: I meant perfectly cast as bumbling wanna-be pompous MP. (ok that didn't come out as positive as hoped either....I better stop here before the doors of the toture chamber start to open a crack...)

How about this: it kept me enormously entertained. :) That's praise, isn't it ? (close that door, will you)
Oh, yeah, Miss Chewton and Rhoda are the same person. Whoops. I guess I was thinking ahead to when she would hopefully take on the new persona of Mrs Bargus....
:mrgreen: I'm not sure there is still a chance of that happening after Act 3.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I have dared to speak the sacred name of Rhoda, instead of just the more proper Miss Chewton, in Act 2.

Thank you, your exalted DPLness, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: September 15th, 2020, 6:22 amI have dared to speak the sacred name of Rhoda, instead of just the more proper Miss Chewton, in Act 2.
you still have to work on your Don Juanning....but it will do for Bargus :mrgreen: PL ok now, thanks !

Sonia
EltonTheSnowman

Post by EltonTheSnowman »

Mrs. Boyle Chewton ready for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/weakersex_mrsboylechewton_1_128kb.mp3
(11:43)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/weakersex_mrsboylechewton_2_128kb.mp3
(4:51)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/weakersex_mrsboylechewton_3_128kb.mp3
(5:36)

I quite enjoyed saying "the Skipping-Molton Division of Cuddleford" - sounds like something right out of a Monty Python sketch!
Matea Bracic

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.”
-Groucho Marx
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Yes, this is a funny play for those of us surrounding but not part of the main drama.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

EltonTheSnowman wrote: September 19th, 2020, 9:30 amI quite enjoyed saying "the Skipping-Molton Division of Cuddleford" - sounds like something right out of a Monty Python sketch!
:lol: you are so right, it sounds exactly like it, and I could see one of the Pythons doing Mr Bargus (and another one Mrs Boyle-Chewton, for that matter :mrgreen: )

this is a brilliant performance, Mattea. You sound so genuinely upper-class snob here. :thumbs: And the scene where she accepts Bargus' proposal is such a tragic moment for poor Todd, I can see how he couldn't get one word in with this overbearing woman. Then in the end, the sobbing at the humiliation is so heart-rending. :(

Highly entertaining, thank you so much ! All three acts PL ok.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jennlea wrote: September 29th, 2020, 8:49 pmHere are all 3 acts for Sylvia:
sorry for the delay, Jen, but I finally got around to listening to Sylvia, and how endearing she was. Young and happy in the beginning, and then the drama crashes down over her. What a shock it must have been. I'm looking forward to hearing our mother/daughter dialogues assembled :9:

All the lines are in, perfectly PL ok. Though I had to smirk that you managed to say "Rhonda" all the time and never once noticing she was called "Rhoda". But no worries, no need to correct them all, we'll use it as a quirk for Sylvia, at least you are consistent in the name. Maybe Rhoda is a bit miffed with Sylvia because she says her name wrong :lol:

Thank you so much, excellent performance.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

So, Kitty lets YOU get away with Rhonda instead of Rhoda? You are obviously on Kitty's good list. She made ME once replace all my Glyda's with Glynda's (or vice versa; I forget) once many years ago - which was a lot of them since I was reading the stage directions....

After which I decided that in all the projects I run, consistency of names within files for any specific reader (as here), rather than full consistency of names project wide (as not here), is good enough. I put it into the category of accents - an intentional characteristic of the created character by the reader.

Kitty would not let this policy be retroactive and so I had to conduct The Great, Grand, and Glorious Gylda-Glynda Hunt. Oh for a global find-and-replace function in Audacity someday....

Thanks, Todd