COMPLETE[PLAY]The Weaker Sex by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I try not to double cast. So I have given you your first choice. Let me know if you would be happier with the "middle-aged servant woman".

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and the last two acts also are PL ok. :thumbs: compared to the other Pinero directions, this one was a breeze to PL :lol: thank you especially for the dramatic enhancement in your voice at the end of Act 3, when the tragedy unfolds. 8-)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ktaylor07 wrote: September 7th, 2020, 6:59 amHere is Lady Hawley Hill
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/weakersex_ladyhawleyhill_act2_128kb.mp3
wonderful performance, Kelly. You really managed to sound "stout" (as per stage directions) The voice is simply brilliant, especially when you scream at Gilligham :lol: (careful about clipping though !)

I loved it ! The scene with the Hawley-Hills should have been longer.

PL ok, thank you !

Sonia
ktaylor07

Post by ktaylor07 »

Kitty wrote: September 8th, 2020, 12:59 am
ktaylor07 wrote: September 7th, 2020, 6:59 amHere is Lady Hawley Hill
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/weakersex_ladyhawleyhill_act2_128kb.mp3
wonderful performance, Kelly. You really managed to sound "stout" (as per stage directions) The voice is simply brilliant, especially when you scream at Gilligham :lol: (careful about clipping though !)

I loved it ! The scene with the Hawley-Hills should have been longer.

PL ok, thank you !

Sonia
Thank you! I ate an extra serving of ice cream before my performance to prepare... :wink:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ktaylor07 wrote: September 8th, 2020, 5:05 am I ate an extra serving of ice cream before my performance to prepare... :wink:
ah yes, the sacrifices we make for LV :lol:

Sonia
davydave

Post by davydave »

Hello,
I would like to read the character 'Petch,' in section 1 and 2, Act 1 and 3.
Thanks, Dave
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Great. And now we are full.

Thanks, Todd
davydave

Post by davydave »

Hi, Todd-
Let's give this a once-over, the Petch role for Act 1, 3. It's :45 of lines
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/weakersex_petch_1_3_128kb.mp3
Thanks, Dave
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

In most cases I really do need separate files for each act for my editing. This is so short (concise would be a better word) that I'll make an exception.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

davydave wrote: September 11th, 2020, 6:47 amLet's give this a once-over, the Petch role for Act 1, 3. It's :45 of lines
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/weakersex_petch_1_3_128kb.mp3
wonderful job, Dave, Petch definitely sounded stern and no-nonsense here. (possibly a house-dragon if given the chance :lol: )

There are a couple of small notes I would like to add though:

for Act 1:

> for the voice credit, please always use the full description, which you can read in the Magic Window: "Petch, servant at Mrs. Boyle-Chewton's, read by Dave Currier"

> at 0:14: (p. 22) "Mrs Boosby" - this made me grin when I heard that you called her "Boob-sby". (a bit of a Freudian slip there ;) Now this is a totally optional edit, but this emancipated woman-rights fighter probably would turn in her grave if she knew she was called Boobsby :lol:

well and since you are reuploading anyway, you could also hand in two separate files for the two acts, that way Todd will have it easier if they are nicely packaged.

Thank you ! Looking forward to hearing you in other roles. Still plenty to choose from 8-)

Sonia
davydave

Post by davydave »

Hi Sonia, Todd-
I figured better to do the edits and separate the 2 files, as you suggested.
I laughed too after you pointed out, the Boobsby thing!
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/weakersex_petch_1_128kb.mp3
Dave- p.s any other plays You suggest that are clear to follow that would be good for me?
davydave

Post by davydave »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

davydave wrote: September 11th, 2020, 2:02 pm I laughed too after you pointed out, the Boobsby thing!
:lol: yes I wondered how you could record this with a straight face. In fact I am thrilled to hear a slight laugh now in your re-recording at the name Boosby. I guess you couldn't keep a straight face this time.

Petch now prefectly PL ok and thanks for the two links.
p.s any other plays You suggest that are clear to follow that would be good for me?
oh I love to offer casting director's advice if they are needed :mrgreen: are you looking for only supporting roles or can it be bigger roles as well ? Tragedy, Comedy, any or all ? Lover, villain, buffoon ? I can PM you a few suggestions, if you tell me your recording time availability. :)

Sonia
davydave

Post by davydave »

Sonia-
You could message me later. Usually available earlier like 2-5 pm EST. Open to suggestions for lead, supporting role
Dave
Last edited by davydave on September 12th, 2020, 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

davydave wrote: September 12th, 2020, 5:43 amYou could message me also at ****. Usually available earlier like 2-5 pm EST. Open to suggestions for lead, supporting role
I think I'll stick to PM right now, but I will keep in contact. Expect a PM later in the day.

Best also to remove your email address from the open forum. They are prone to being harvested by all kinds of spamming bots. You can edit your post by clicking on the pencil icon in the upper right corner.

Sonia