[DR-OPEN]Dramatic Selections from Henry Lawson's Short Stories-mtf

Plays and other dramatic works
Post Reply
imilshtein
Posts: 13
Joined: July 20th, 2020, 10:20 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by imilshtein » August 9th, 2020, 7:48 pm

Please let me know if you need a PL on any of the parts. Happy to help. Thanks!

SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 1634
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » August 9th, 2020, 10:58 pm

bhavya wrote:
August 8th, 2020, 11:09 pm
Hi! If you need an editor, I'd like to help out!
That'd be great, bhavya!

We're looking to start the collection with dramatic readings of five short stories ... we may extend to more, let's see how we go with the first five.

I've already set my Narrator's Audacity file for the first story "That Pretty Girl in the Army" up with labels to add in the parts once they're PLed. Perhaps I'll assemble that story, since I know my system. Could you take over the editing/assembly of stories two through five?

Cheers,
Chris
Last edited by SonOfTheExiles on August 9th, 2020, 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
Son of the Exiles YouTube Channel
Dramatic Selections from Henry Lawson's Short Stories
(Poetry) Wine and Roses, by Victor J. Daley

SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 1634
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » August 9th, 2020, 11:11 pm

imilshtein wrote:
August 9th, 2020, 7:48 pm
Please let me know if you need a PL on any of the parts. Happy to help. Thanks!
Excellent, imilshtein! There are several parts ready for PLing in the Magic Window ... would you like to start with those?

Cheers,
Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
Son of the Exiles YouTube Channel
Dramatic Selections from Henry Lawson's Short Stories
(Poetry) Wine and Roses, by Victor J. Daley

silverquill
Posts: 14767
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » August 10th, 2020, 12:00 am

If we can take roles in both, I would read for Jake and Andy.

Probably shouldn't try an accent. I had an Aussie gal coach me for a Cockney accent for Dolittle in Pygmalion once, and I wasn't too successful.
~ Larry

SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 1634
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » August 10th, 2020, 12:14 am

silverquill wrote:
August 10th, 2020, 12:00 am
If we can take roles in both, I would read for Jake and Andy.

Probably shouldn't try an accent. I had an Aussie gal coach me for a Cockney accent for Dolittle in Pygmalion once, and I wasn't too successful.
Signing you up for Jake and Andy, Larry!

Don't worry about accents, this is set just after the gold rushes began in Australia, and North American accents were quite frequently heard hereabouts...

"And to the busy concourse here the West has sent a part,
The land of gulches that has been immortalised by Harte;
The land where long from mining-camps the blue smoke upward curled;
The land that gave that "Partner" true and "Mliss" unto the world;
The men from all the nations in the New World and the Old,
All side by side, like brethren here, are delving after gold..."

-----"Eureka - A Fragment", by Henry Lawson


Cheers,
Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
Son of the Exiles YouTube Channel
Dramatic Selections from Henry Lawson's Short Stories
(Poetry) Wine and Roses, by Victor J. Daley

alanmapstone
Posts: 2083
Joined: February 15th, 2012, 12:20 pm
Location: Oxford

Post by alanmapstone » August 10th, 2020, 2:39 am

alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose

bhavya
Posts: 1059
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: St Andrews

Post by bhavya » August 10th, 2020, 8:08 am

SonOfTheExiles wrote:
August 9th, 2020, 10:58 pm
bhavya wrote:
August 8th, 2020, 11:09 pm
Hi! If you need an editor, I'd like to help out!
That'd be great, bhavya!

We're looking to start the collection with dramatic readings of five short stories ... we may extend to more, let's see how we go with the first five.

I've already set my Narrator's Audacity file for the first story "That Pretty Girl in the Army" up with labels to add in the parts once they're PLed. Perhaps I'll assemble that story, since I know my system. Could you take over the editing/assembly of stories two through five?

Cheers,
Chris
Yes, that works for me :)
Thanks,
Bhavya

imilshtein
Posts: 13
Joined: July 20th, 2020, 10:20 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by imilshtein » August 10th, 2020, 4:34 pm

SonOfTheExiles wrote:
August 9th, 2020, 11:11 pm
imilshtein wrote:
August 9th, 2020, 7:48 pm
Please let me know if you need a PL on any of the parts. Happy to help. Thanks!
Excellent, imilshtein! There are several parts ready for PLing in the Magic Window ... would you like to start with those?

Cheers,
Chris
Hey, absolutely. Happy to get onto those.

SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 1634
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » August 11th, 2020, 12:30 am

Well done, Alan! Exceedingly cynically read. :wink:

Cheers,
Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
Son of the Exiles YouTube Channel
Dramatic Selections from Henry Lawson's Short Stories
(Poetry) Wine and Roses, by Victor J. Daley

Kalamareader
Posts: 688
Joined: July 21st, 2018, 6:31 pm
Location: Kalama, WA

Post by Kalamareader » August 11th, 2020, 1:42 pm

Hi again,

I was wondering if I could do the "Black Testifier"?

Thanks,

Wayne
Wayne
What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other? ~George Eliot

SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 1634
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » August 13th, 2020, 1:02 am

Kalamareader wrote:
August 11th, 2020, 1:42 pm
Hi again,

I was wondering if I could do the "Black Testifier"?

Thanks,

Wayne
Thank you, Wayne! I've signed you up.

Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
Son of the Exiles YouTube Channel
Dramatic Selections from Henry Lawson's Short Stories
(Poetry) Wine and Roses, by Victor J. Daley

Kalamareader
Posts: 688
Joined: July 21st, 2018, 6:31 pm
Location: Kalama, WA

Post by Kalamareader » August 13th, 2020, 3:34 pm

SonOfTheExiles wrote:
August 13th, 2020, 1:02 am

Thank you, Wayne! I've signed you up.

Chris


And here he is: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/henrylawsondramreads_blacktestifier_128kb.mp3

Time: :48

Thanks,

Wayne
Wayne
What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other? ~George Eliot

SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 1634
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » August 15th, 2020, 6:22 pm

Kalamareader wrote:
August 13th, 2020, 3:34 pm
SonOfTheExiles wrote:
August 13th, 2020, 1:02 am

Thank you, Wayne! I've signed you up.

Chris


And here he is: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/henrylawsondramreads_blacktestifier_128kb.mp3

Time: :48

Thanks,

Wayne
Thanks, Wayne, we're making good progress here on all the voice-parts!

Cheers,
Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
Son of the Exiles YouTube Channel
Dramatic Selections from Henry Lawson's Short Stories
(Poetry) Wine and Roses, by Victor J. Daley

julianpratley
Posts: 666
Joined: February 5th, 2020, 6:11 pm
Location: Canberra, Australia

Post by julianpratley » August 27th, 2020, 4:23 pm

I think I'll have to pull out of reading my section because I'm struggling to find the time for recording.
“It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”
― Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6471
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » September 4th, 2020, 7:13 pm


Post Reply