benderca wrote: October 7th, 2020, 1:06 am
SonOfTheExiles wrote: October 2nd, 2020, 4:51 pm
benderca wrote: September 29th, 2020, 1:01 pm

Ditto what Larry said for me... :D
TJ
No worries at all, we're on Aussie time here, so it's all good. :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Chris
So I was going to start recording today, but I decided instead to go on a walkabout to get myself in the Aussie frame of mind... but after 5 minutes' walk, I passed my first pub and I realized I'm supposed to be playing an Irishman, so I popped into the pub for a few lillys... and after 7 hours, I stumbled out -- my sleech is a wee bit spurred, but fow I neel cabaple of doing the part justice...
So my walkabout took a weeee bit longer than I had expected, but I came back a man (an Irishman, hopefully :lol: ). Now, Chris, don't expect -- just because I took so long to record these wee lines -- that you're getting an award-winning performance here. I just dun wat i could. (I did get an Irishwoman to read the lines for me, so hopefully it helped... and I drank some Guinness... pretty sure that did the trick).

Here you go, anyway:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/henrylawsondramreads_mahoney_128kb.mp3

Sláinte!
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Tomas Peter
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

benderca wrote: January 28th, 2021, 11:17 am
benderca wrote: October 7th, 2020, 1:06 am
SonOfTheExiles wrote: October 2nd, 2020, 4:51 pm

No worries at all, we're on Aussie time here, so it's all good. :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Chris
So I was going to start recording today, but I decided instead to go on a walkabout to get myself in the Aussie frame of mind... but after 5 minutes' walk, I passed my first pub and I realized I'm supposed to be playing an Irishman, so I popped into the pub for a few lillys... and after 7 hours, I stumbled out -- my sleech is a wee bit spurred, but fow I neel cabaple of doing the part justice...
So my walkabout took a weeee bit longer than I had expected, but I came back a man (an Irishman, hopefully :lol: ). Now, Chris, don't expect -- just because I took so long to record these wee lines -- that you're getting an award-winning performance here. I just dun wat i could. (I did get an Irishwoman to read the lines for me, so hopefully it helped... and I drank some Guinness... pretty sure that did the trick).

Here you go, anyway:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/henrylawsondramreads_mahoney_128kb.mp3

Sláinte!
Sure an' 'tis the blarney stone you've been kissin' and no doubt about it! :lol:

PL-OK

Many thanks,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

That's the Jack Moonlight character alright, to a "T". :clap:

Many thanks, and PL-OK.

Cheers,
Chris
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Happy to play Sally in Macquarie's Mate thanks

Edited to add how would you like Macquarie's pronouncing
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

wib66 wrote: March 8th, 2021, 3:09 pm Happy to play Sally in Macquarie's Mate thanks

Thank you, Michele, signing you up.

Just so you know, "Sally" is a bloke. Is that an issue? I'm sure you could give us your best Outback bloke impersonation. :thumbs:

Here is the pronunciation of Macquarie: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/Macquarie_pronunciation.mp3

Thanks,
Chris
wib66

Post by wib66 »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: March 8th, 2021, 5:56 pm
wib66 wrote: March 8th, 2021, 3:09 pm Happy to play Sally in Macquarie's Mate thanks

Thank you, Michele, signing you up.

Just so you know, "Sally" is a bloke. Is that an issue? I'm sure you could give us your best Outback bloke impersonation. :thumbs:

Here is the pronunciation of Macquarie: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/Macquarie_pronunciation.mp3

Thanks,
Chris
Happy to give it my best shot (I did think it was a lady ha ha ) but happy to relinquish if you would prefer a male voice. Let me know what you decide happy either way.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

wib66 wrote: March 8th, 2021, 5:58 pm Happy to give it my best shot (I did think it was a lady ha ha ) but happy to relinquish if you would prefer a male voice. Let me know what you decide happy either way.
Great to have you in the role. :thumbs:

Cheers,
Chris
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Michele
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

wib66 wrote: March 13th, 2021, 1:09 am Here is the file for Sally Thompson hope it is okay

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/henrlawsondramreads_sallythompson_128kb.mp3
That's a great characterisation, Michele! :clap:

Only one possible thing that might need a correction, though I think we can let it slide if you'd rather.
At 1:07, the line is : " There’s more sympathy wasted over dead and rotten skunks than there is justice done to straight, honest-livin’ chaps"; you have read it as " There’s no sympathy wasted...".

But again, a great characterisation! You're welcome in the bar at Stiffner's Outback Shanty anytime! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Chris
wib66

Post by wib66 »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: March 15th, 2021, 10:31 pm
wib66 wrote: March 13th, 2021, 1:09 am Here is the file for Sally Thompson hope it is okay

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/henrlawsondramreads_sallythompson_128kb.mp3

Only one possible thing that might need a correction, though I think we can let it slide if you'd rather.
At 1:07, the line is : " There’s more sympathy wasted over dead and rotten skunks than there is justice done to straight, honest-livin’ chaps"; you have read it as " There’s no sympathy wasted...".

But again, a great characterisation! You're welcome in the bar at Stiffner's Outback Shanty anytime! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Chris
Thanks Chris I will sort it out later today. :D
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: March 15th, 2021, 10:31 pm

Cheers,
Chris
Thank you for your kind comments. I have edited and uploaded the file. Tried to match up my manly voice but not sure if it works. Happy to re record it all if you feel that would be better it wouldn't be a problem.

Thanks
Michele
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night, etc..."

"Macquarie's Mate" assembled :
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/henrylawsondramreads01_03_lawson_128kb.mp3
Duration: 13:26

You all sound great together!

Cheers,
Chris
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

May I read #36, the Coach Driver. (Looks clear enough for me to read the script.)

Thanks, Todd
wib66

Post by wib66 »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: March 24th, 2021, 2:25 am "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night, etc..."

"Macquarie's Mate" assembled :
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/henrylawsondramreads01_03_lawson_128kb.mp3
Duration: 13:26

You all sound great together!

Cheers,
Chris
Hi Chris do you have someone to PL this final file or would you like me to do it.
Michele