[COMPLETE]Dramatic Selections from Henry Lawson's Short Stories-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: November 19th, 2020, 8:44 pm
ToddHW wrote: November 19th, 2020, 8:23 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/henrylawsondramreads_box-o-tricks_128kb.mp3

With Mac-Quarry instead of McGuire.

Thanks, Todd
Umm, this seems to be the same file as before, Todd, rather than a corrected one. Is it possible Stiffner the bartender has slipped you a mickey? :wink:

Chris
Well, now that it is morning (here), let me ignore my hangover and send you another file copy. Same file name. How's this?

Thanks, Todd
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by Kalamareader »

Chris,

Here is your Aussie/American. I hope this is what you had in mind and I hope you like what I did with the end. It just seemed the natural thing for him to do, and I hope I didn't murder the Aussie 'accent' too bad. :roll:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/henrylawsondramreads_american_128kb.mp3

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

ToddHW wrote: November 20th, 2020, 5:37 am
Well, now that it is morning (here), let me ignore my hangover and send you another file copy. Same file name. How's this?

Thanks, Todd
All good now, Todd. They do say Edward de Bono got his idea for "Lateral Thinking" upon his ear. :lol: PL-OK.

Thanks,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Algy Pug wrote: November 20th, 2020, 5:51 am Here's the rabbit trapper:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/henrylawsondramreads_rabbittrapper_128kb.mp3
0:14

Cheers
Dinkum as, Algy! PL-OK

Thanks,
Chris
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Kalamareader wrote: November 20th, 2020, 2:12 pm Chris,

Here is your Aussie/American. I hope this is what you had in mind and I hope you like what I did with the end. It just seemed the natural thing for him to do, and I hope I didn't murder the Aussie 'accent' too bad. :roll:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/henrylawsondramreads_american_128kb.mp3

Wayne
Excellently acted and voiced and PL-OK, Wayne! I can see you've been exposed to our vowels and the Londoner ones too. Not a lot of people can manage them, yours are very credible.

Thanks,
Chris
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

I suppose ought to offer to be a posh-sounding British voice, unless you have someone posher in mind 😾
It is only one sentence and I shall enjoy the bit about "Bally colonies" 😺
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

alanmapstone wrote: November 27th, 2020, 4:59 am I suppose ought to offer to be a posh-sounding British voice, unless you have someone posher in mind 😾
It is only one sentence and I shall enjoy the bit about "Bally colonies" 😺
Thanks, Alan! Will you be adopting tophat and monocle for this role, or is it more of a straw boater vibe? :lol:

Cheers,
Chris
Meetali10

Post by Meetali10 »

Dear Chris,

May this message finds you well. Can I read for "Sally" Thompson? And since this will be my first reading for drama series so would you please help me with some guidelines in special focus to recording? Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you!

Warm regards
Meetali
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Meetali10 wrote: November 27th, 2020, 11:52 pm Dear Chris,

May this message finds you well. Can I read for "Sally" Thompson? And since this will be my first reading for drama series so would you please help me with some guidelines in special focus to recording? Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you!

Warm regards
Meetali
Hello Meetali,

All that is necessary for a DR recording is to say "(Whatever is the Character Name), read by Meetali" at the start, then just read the colour-coded lines with 3-second separations between whenever the character stops talking and the narrator (no colours, just black type) starts.

Just so you know, "Sally" Thompson is a male role ... his nickname is an example of Australian humour ... but at Librivox we are happy for any person to take on any role. After all, when one reads stories to one's young children, one does the male and female voices as required, and the reader and the listeners are the richer for the portrayal.

Cheers,
Chris
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Meetali10

Post by Meetali10 »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: November 28th, 2020, 1:02 am
Meetali10 wrote: November 27th, 2020, 11:52 pm Dear Chris,

Thank you!

Warm regards
Meetali
Hello Meetali,

All that is necessary for a DR recording is to say "(Whatever is the Character Name), read by Meetali" at the start, then just read the colour-coded lines with 3-second separations between whenever the character stops talking and the narrator (no colours, just black type) starts.

Just so you know, "Sally" Thompson is a male role ... his nickname is an example of Australian humour ... but at Librivox we are happy for any person to take on any role. After all, when one reads stories to one's young children, one does the male and female voices as required, and the reader and the listeners are the richer for the portrayal.

Cheers,
Chris
Dear Chris,

Thank you so much for signing me up as well as for the instructions. Looking forward to it!

Warm regards
Meetali
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Thank you, milord! :clap: PL-OK.

Cheers,
Chris
Meetali10

Post by Meetali10 »

Dear Chris,

Hope you're doing well. Happy New Year in advance! I just wanted to inform you that due to my podcast work as well as travel, am unable to do the recording for "Sally Thompson". I feel it will be ideal to release the role for others. Hope that's okay and looking forward to working with you again!

Thank you for your support!

Warm regards
Meetali
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Meetali10 wrote: December 31st, 2020, 2:47 am Dear Chris,

Hope you're doing well. Happy New Year in advance! I just wanted to inform you that due to my podcast work as well as travel, am unable to do the recording for "Sally Thompson". I feel it will be ideal to release the role for others. Hope that's okay and looking forward to working with you again!

Thank you for your support!

Warm regards
Meetali
Thank you, Meetali.

Cheers,
Chris