October 2nd, 2020, 4:51 pm
benderca wrote:
September 29th, 2020, 1:01 pm

Ditto what Larry said for me... :D
TJ
No worries at all, we're on Aussie time here, so it's all good. :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Chris
So I was going to start recording today, but I decided instead to go on a walkabout to get myself in the Aussie frame of mind... but after 5 minutes' walk, I passed my first pub and I realized I'm supposed to be playing an Irishman, so I popped into the pub for a few lillys... and after 7 hours, I stumbled out -- my sleech is a wee bit spurred, but fow I neel cabaple of doing the part justice...
So my walkabout took a weeee bit longer than I had expected, but I came back a man (an Irishman, hopefully :lol: ). Now, Chris, don't expect -- just because I took so long to record these wee lines -- that you're getting an award-winning performance here. I just dun wat i could. (I did get an Irishwoman to read the lines for me, so hopefully it helped... and I drank some Guinness... pretty sure that did the trick).

Here you go, anyway:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/henrylawsondramreads_mahoney_128kb.mp3

Sláinte!

WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe » February 7th, 2021, 12:03 am

Tomas Peter

SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles » February 16th, 2021, 10:19 pm

benderca wrote:
January 28th, 2021, 11:17 am
benderca wrote:
October 7th, 2020, 1:06 am
SonOfTheExiles wrote:
October 2nd, 2020, 4:51 pm

No worries at all, we're on Aussie time here, so it's all good. :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Chris
So I was going to start recording today, but I decided instead to go on a walkabout to get myself in the Aussie frame of mind... but after 5 minutes' walk, I passed my first pub and I realized I'm supposed to be playing an Irishman, so I popped into the pub for a few lillys... and after 7 hours, I stumbled out -- my sleech is a wee bit spurred, but fow I neel cabaple of doing the part justice...
So my walkabout took a weeee bit longer than I had expected, but I came back a man (an Irishman, hopefully :lol: ). Now, Chris, don't expect -- just because I took so long to record these wee lines -- that you're getting an award-winning performance here. I just dun wat i could. (I did get an Irishwoman to read the lines for me, so hopefully it helped... and I drank some Guinness... pretty sure that did the trick).

Here you go, anyway:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/henrylawsondramreads_mahoney_128kb.mp3

Sláinte!
Sure an' 'tis the blarney stone you've been kissin' and no doubt about it! :lol:

PL-OK

Many thanks,
Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
APOD

George Essex Evans Roderic Quinn Mary Hannay Foott Marie E. J. Pitt James Hebblethwaite Shaw Neilson

SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles » February 16th, 2021, 10:26 pm

That's the Jack Moonlight character alright, to a "T". :clap:

Many thanks, and PL-OK.

Cheers,
Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
APOD

George Essex Evans Roderic Quinn Mary Hannay Foott Marie E. J. Pitt James Hebblethwaite Shaw Neilson