OPEN[PLAY]One Act Play Collection 014 - thw

Plays and other dramatic works
Post Reply
Ambsweet13
Posts: 353
Joined: May 18th, 2020, 12:55 pm
Location: Massachusetts, USA

Post by Ambsweet13 » November 6th, 2020, 7:27 pm

Came across this very short play so would like to add it to the collection!

* Title and author "In 1999"; a problem play of the future by William Churchill De Milne (1878-1955)
* PD text link https://archive.org/details/in1999problempla00demi/page/4/mode/2up
* Link to author on Wikipedia, and death date, if known https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_C._deMille 1955
* Link to title on Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_1999
* Number of roles (including narrator) this project will have 4
* Original publication date 1912
* The list of characters in your plays so when we have a MW I can set up your sections properly!
Jean (a New York woman)
Rollo (her husband)
Florence (their friend)
Stage Directions
A.M.B. :roll:
Plays The Young Idea Peg O' My Heart
Solo Project Cape Cod

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 25676
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » November 7th, 2020, 2:53 am

Ambsweet13 wrote:
November 6th, 2020, 7:27 pm
Came across this very short play so would like to add it to the collection!
* Title and author "In 1999"; a problem play of the future by William Churchill De Milne (1878-1955)
we actually already had this play in the 9th collection: https://librivox.org/one-act-play-collection-009/ I remember because I played Jean :lol: Well that was back in 2017, I don't know whether we have remakes in this project ? :hmm: I guess it's choice of voice and we can act it again with other people.

Sonia

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12299
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » November 7th, 2020, 6:13 am

Added - corrected author's last name to Mille.

Thanks, Todd

ktaylor07
Posts: 564
Joined: January 3rd, 2020, 12:33 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Post by ktaylor07 » November 7th, 2020, 8:28 am

I want to read Eliza in "The Bloomer Costume"

Ambsweet13
Posts: 353
Joined: May 18th, 2020, 12:55 pm
Location: Massachusetts, USA

Post by Ambsweet13 » November 7th, 2020, 10:57 am

Kitty wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 2:53 am
Ambsweet13 wrote:
November 6th, 2020, 7:27 pm
Came across this very short play so would like to add it to the collection!
* Title and author "In 1999"; a problem play of the future by William Churchill De Milne (1878-1955)
we actually already had this play in the 9th collection: https://librivox.org/one-act-play-collection-009/ I remember because I played Jean :lol: Well that was back in 2017, I don't know whether we have remakes in this project ? :hmm: I guess it's choice of voice and we can act it again with other people.

Sonia
Whoops must have missed that! I will find another one!
A.M.B. :roll:
Plays The Young Idea Peg O' My Heart
Solo Project Cape Cod

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12299
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » November 7th, 2020, 1:50 pm

There is nothing wrong with doing a play that was in an earlier collection. Different voices, different editing - a new performance - a new listening experience.

(EDIT: Alternative new play by Ambsweet13 saved until next collection. Staying with proposed "In 1999"; a problem play of the future by William Churchill De Mille (1878-1955).)

Thanks, Todd

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12299
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » November 7th, 2020, 1:52 pm

ktaylor07 wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 8:28 am
I want to read Eliza in "The Bloomer Costume"
Thank you.

Todd

ktaylor07
Posts: 564
Joined: January 3rd, 2020, 12:33 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Post by ktaylor07 » November 7th, 2020, 5:09 pm



SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 1742
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » November 12th, 2020, 5:35 pm

"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
Son of the Exiles YouTube Channel
Dramatic Selections from Henry Lawson's Short Stories
(Poetry) Wine and Roses, by Victor J. Daley


ArtemisBee
Posts: 40
Joined: July 20th, 2020, 1:20 pm

Post by ArtemisBee » November 13th, 2020, 10:53 am

Hello,

Could I claim Hester in Hester's Mystery?

Thanks,

EJ


ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12299
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » November 13th, 2020, 12:36 pm

Mr Sweet - who isn't that at all! - is recorded but needs editing first before upload.

Thanks, Todd

thestorygirl
Posts: 753
Joined: February 22nd, 2011, 6:07 pm
Contact:

Post by thestorygirl » November 13th, 2020, 2:16 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/heirsofslavery_history_tillman.mp3

I'm not sure why this ended up with such a long tail on the end, but I don't think that'll hurt anything?

Post Reply