COMPLETE[PLAY]One Act Play Collection 014 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

And The Lady in Waiting is also perfect. Nice and snooty.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you both for the PLs :)

Todd: I had to look up "snooty" - a new vocabulary item in my glossary.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

"with nose held high up in the air so as to keep the pinch-nez balanced properly" is my definition.

Thanks, Todd
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

May I claim The Queen in “The Lover”?
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

I would be glad to read the stage directions for The Lover, and Jesus for England's Easter.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you both.

Todd
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Here's the narration for England's Easter:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/englandseaster_narrator_logan.mp3 2:45

Am I allowed to PL my own recording? If so, I guess it makes sense to simply consider this part PL OK.
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Salvationist wrote: August 10th, 2020, 6:39 pm Here's the narration for England's Easter:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/englandseaster_narrator_logan.mp3 2:45

Am I allowed to PL my own recording? If so, I guess it makes sense to simply consider this part PL OK.
Thank you.

Everything HAS to be PL'd before we catalog, and what counts for that with Dramatic Works is the final PL of the assembled project after editing. That final PL can't be done by the editor - need new ears on it. (Note that finding someone to edit your project is one of the responsibilities of a BC having something in a One Act Play collection - there is no overall DPL.)

The PL of the individual parts as they are assembled is just a "convenience" - so that the editor does not find lines wrong or missing at the very end of the project when it is hard or impossible to track down the original readers and get fixes made that will be compatible with the original submittals. I would not wish to volunteer to edit a project without parts PL done. And as a reader I would very much want to be involved in a project with rapid parts PL so I can fix my errors while I and my equipment still sound the same. Even better, with feedback on first act submitted so I can address problems before doing other acts. (This last statement would apply to reading multiple chapters of a book too in the non-Dramatic Works world.)

Thanks, Todd
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

ToddHW wrote: August 11th, 2020, 6:18 am Thank you.

Everything HAS to be PL'd before we catalog, and what counts for that with Dramatic Works is the final PL of the assembled project after editing. That final PL can't be done by the editor - need new ears on it. (Note that finding someone to edit your project is one of the responsibilities of a BC having something in a One Act Play collection - there is no overall DPL.)

The PL of the individual parts as they are assembled is just a "convenience" - so that the editor does not find lines wrong or missing at the very end of the project when it is hard or impossible to track down the original readers and get fixes made that will be compatible with the original submittals. I would not wish to volunteer to edit a project without parts PL done. And as a reader I would very much want to be involved in a project with rapid parts PL so I can fix my errors while I and my equipment still sound the same. Even better, with feedback on first act submitted so I can address problems before doing other acts. (This last statement would apply to reading multiple chapters of a book too in the non-Dramatic Works world.)

Thanks, Todd
Thank you for the explanation and advice, Todd! Do I understand correctly that, as the BC for England's Easter, I am allowed to PL individual parts and I am also allowed to edit, but that I will need to find someone else to be the DPL for this play for after I have edited it? If so, I will set out to find someone to DPL.
Salvationist

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Correct.

Thanks, Todd
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

silverquill wrote: August 9th, 2020, 11:33 pm I would be glad to read the stage directions for The Lover, and Jesus for England's Easter.
Thank you for signing up to read the part of Jesus, Larry! I wanted to give you a heads-up that there is a typo in one of your lines. The line currently reads, "Unto the dead new live", but it should read "Unto the dead new life". You probably would have caught the typo, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.
Salvationist

wib66

Post by wib66 »

Please may I claim the part of Britannia in Englands Easter

Also I can PL the narrator the final edited piece if you would like me to
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

wib66 wrote: August 15th, 2020, 1:55 am Please may I claim the part of Britannia in Englands Easter

Also I can PL the narrator the final edited piece if you would like me to
Thank you on both accounts, Michele! I would be glad for your to read Britannia and do the final PL.
Salvationist

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
LydiaCW

Post by LydiaCW »

Could I claim Martha from England's Easter?
Lydia

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomine tuo da glorium!