COMPLETE The Betrothal by Maurice Maeterlinck-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wib66

Post by wib66 »

The Betrothal by Maurice Maeterlinck (1862 - 1949). Translated by Alexander Teixeira de Mattos (1865 - 1921)

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-betrothal-by-maurice-maeterlinck/

The adventures of Tyltyl and The Fairy Berylune. Of all the girls he knows who does he love the most. Read on to find out. ( Michele Eaton)
  1. Is there a deadline?
    We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
  2. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here
    To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
  3. New to recording?
    Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
  4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/34343
  5. Please claim roles (the numbers in the first column below)! Please note: All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. When you submit your recording, you will be placing your recording in the public domain as well.

If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    =
    =
  6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: viewtopic.php?p=6430#p6430
    Set your recording software to:
    Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    Submit one file per act.
  7. Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
    [Role], read by [your name].
    If you are reading stage directions, please include for each file:At the beginning: Act [#]of The Betrothal, by Maurice Maeterlinck . Translated by Alexander Teixeira de Mattos (1865 - 1921) This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit Librivox dot org.
    At the end: End of Act [#].
    Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  8. AFTER recording
    Save files as 128 kbps MP3
    betrothal_[role]_[#]_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the act number.

Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: maryannspiegel
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
  9. Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by wib66 on February 26th, 2022, 5:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

I will edit and DPL on this one too
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Michele,
I'd be happy to MC this for you. I'll get your MW set up.
MaryAnn
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Hi Michelle
Getting in early as usual, may I read Gaffer Tyl?
As the author died 71 years ago this should now be PD in Europe.
I may add a few unclaimed minor roles later on. :lol:
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
wib66

Post by wib66 »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: July 25th, 2020, 3:55 pm Michele,
I'd be happy to MC this for you. I'll get your MW set up.
MaryAnn
Many thanks
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

alanmapstone wrote: July 26th, 2020, 12:36 am Hi Michelle
Getting in early as usual, may I read Gaffer Tyl?
As the author died 71 years ago this should now be PD in Europe.
I may add a few unclaimed minor roles later on. :lol:
Hi Alan no problem I will sign you up to that part as soon as the MW is complete.
Michele
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

I'm grateful that you would set up this project so quickly after I recommended it, Michele! I feel that I ought to sign up for a significant role as a result. I would be glad to read Tyltyl, unless KHand is wanting to reprise her role from The Blue Bird.
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Salvationist wrote: July 26th, 2020, 1:32 pm I'm grateful that you would set up this project so quickly after I recommended it, Michele! I feel that I ought to sign up for a significant role as a result. I would be glad to read Tyltyl, unless KHand is wanting to reprise her role from The Blue Bird.
You are most welcome. Happy to sign you up to Tyltyl. Have fun with it. :D
Michele
MichaelMaggs

Post by MichaelMaggs »

Hi Michele

I'd be happy to narrate if you're still in need of a stage director.

If so, could you clarify how you want the cast list read, please? For example, for Milette did you want

"Milette (the Wood-cutter's Daughter)" [as in the printed text], or

"The Girl oblique Milette" [as in the MW]

or something else? If easiest, perhaps you could just post here the exact character list you'd like the narrator to read?
wib66

Post by wib66 »

MichaelMaggs wrote: July 27th, 2020, 5:27 am Hi Michele

I'd be happy to narrate if you're still in need of a stage director.

If so, could you clarify how you want the cast list read, please? For example, for Milette did you want

"Milette (the Wood-cutter's Daughter)" [as in the printed text], or

"The Girl oblique Milette" [as in the MW]

or something else? If easiest, perhaps you could just post here the exact character list you'd like the narrator to read?
Thank you for signing up to this I have posted below the character list

Narrator
Tyltyl
The Fairy Berylune
Millette the woodcutters daughter
BELLINE (the Butcher's Daughter)
ROSELLE (the Inn-keeper's Daughter)
AIMETTE (the Miller's Daughter)
JALLINE (the Beggar's Daughter)
ROSARELLE (the Mayor's Daughter)
Destiny
The Miser
Light
Granny Tyl
Gaffer Tyl
THE GREAT MENDICANT
THE GREAT PEASANT
THE RICH ANCESTOR
THE SICK ANCESTOR
THE DRUNKEN ANCESTOR
THE MURDERER ANCESTOR
THE GREAT ANCESTOR
The Child
Another Child
Another Child 1
Another Child 2
Another Child 3
Another Child 4
Another Child 5
Another Child 6
The Oldest Child
The Youngest Child
Other Children 1
Other Children 2
Other Children 3
The Smallest Child
The Phantom
Mummy Tyl
Mytyl
Daddy Tyl
Neighbour
Joy

Hope that is okay
Michele
OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty »

Hello!

I can take care of Destiny if you'd like!

Thanks!
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

Readers Wanted: Seen on the Stage, by Clayton Hamilton
wib66

Post by wib66 »

OooThatsNifty wrote: July 27th, 2020, 9:39 am Hello!

I can take care of Destiny if you'd like!

Thanks!
Thats great thank you
Michele
KathrynBishop

Post by KathrynBishop »

Hello! I am a long-time stage actor now looking to join the voice acting world! I'd be happy to read for The Fairy Berylune and/or any roles you may need filled!
Kathryn Bishop

"All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players"
- William Shakespeare, As You Like It, ii.vii.139
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

May I take the role of the Miser?

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by wib66 »

KathrynBishop wrote: July 27th, 2020, 8:46 pm Hello! I am a long-time stage actor now looking to join the voice acting world! I'd be happy to read for The Fairy Berylune and/or any roles you may need filled!
Welcome to Librivox.
I will reserve those sections for you but you will need to complete your 1 minute test first and get the ok (see below). Also can you let me know how you would like your name to appear in the catalogue. It can be your forum name, real name, or any other pseudonym of your choice thanks.

We urge you to make a "1 Minute Test" for review before you start actively recording. This is NOT an audition, but a way to check to make sure all your technical settings are correct, your volume loud enough, etc. You will find the information for the 1-Minute Test Recording here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test. The instructions also tell you how to upload your test and then post in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum so someone can give you feedback on it.

An overview of how Librivox works can be found here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/How_LibriVox_Works
There are numerous ways to volunteer here. An important one is proof-listening, which consists of checking someone's recording for errors. If you'd like to give that a try, you can find lots of information here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Guide_for_Proof-listeners

If you wish to try your hand at recording, the place to start is the Newbie Guide to Recording: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording, which tells you how to set up your computer to record.
One of our volunteers has created a number of videos that you might find helpful to learn more about the workings of Librivox. You can find a listing of those here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/User:Philchenevert

Also to point out to professional (or aspiring) Voice Over artists, all our recordings are put back into the public domain which means sometimes they are sold on ebay, etc. Have a look at this page which describes our Public Domain policy: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Copyright_and_Public_Domain

We hope you have fun and please, don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.
Michele