[PLAY-OPEN] Aladdin, or, The Wonderful Lamp-mtf

Plays and other dramatic works
Post Reply
kiwileer1
Posts: 11
Joined: April 26th, 2020, 9:08 pm

Post by kiwileer1 » December 17th, 2020, 12:24 am

Hi,

I am interested in reading -Section: 11 Second Boy, Act 1 and Section- 12 Saladin, betrothed to Gulnare, Act 3.

Thanks so much!

awijewee
Posts: 13
Joined: November 28th, 2020, 1:56 pm

Post by awijewee » December 17th, 2020, 12:18 pm

mightyfelix wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 7:55 pm
awijewee wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 7:49 pm
You can just use Anya for the name :) thanks!
Great! Then here is your brand new catalogue page! https://librivox.org/reader/15431 So far, the only thing that shows up there is this project, but the more you participate, the more you will see it grow. Eventually, it will include everything you've read for, both in-progress and completed projects. You can get to this page by clicking your name in the MW (magic window) of any project you're signed up for.
Thank you!

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7231
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » December 17th, 2020, 9:18 pm

Dtcastid wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 5:01 pm
May I claim the Old Man in act 7 and the Old Man in act 9, sections 31 and 32?
Whoops, I realized that I missed this post when I was updating yesterday. Yes, these roles are yours! Thank you!

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7231
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » December 17th, 2020, 9:22 pm

kiwileer1 wrote:
December 17th, 2020, 12:24 am
Hi,

I am interested in reading -Section: 11 Second Boy, Act 1 and Section- 12 Saladin, betrothed to Gulnare, Act 3.

Thanks so much!
Thank you! I've signed you up for the Second Boy. (His one line is on page 12, "Ho! More oranges!") I'll be happy to sign you up for Saladin as well, but he actually appears in acts 3 and 4. If you read his part, I'd need you to be willing to do both of those acts. Will that be alright, or would you rather choose a different role?

HelenAnnBowling
Posts: 11
Joined: October 1st, 2020, 4:53 pm

Post by HelenAnnBowling » December 18th, 2020, 7:53 am

thank you! and sorry about those mistakes, :oops: i will fix them hopefully sometime this week!

Dtcastid
Posts: 112
Joined: June 1st, 2020, 1:14 pm

Post by Dtcastid » December 18th, 2020, 10:56 am

mightyfelix wrote:
December 17th, 2020, 9:18 pm
Dtcastid wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 5:01 pm
May I claim the Old Man in act 7 and the Old Man in act 9, sections 31 and 32?
Whoops, I realized that I missed this post when I was updating yesterday. Yes, these roles are yours! Thank you!
No worries. I assume I record "voices" and "multitude" in separate files, right?
Diane

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7231
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » December 18th, 2020, 5:48 pm

Dtcastid wrote:
December 18th, 2020, 10:56 am
mightyfelix wrote:
December 17th, 2020, 9:18 pm
Dtcastid wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 5:01 pm
May I claim the Old Man in act 7 and the Old Man in act 9, sections 31 and 32?
Whoops, I realized that I missed this post when I was updating yesterday. Yes, these roles are yours! Thank you!
No worries. I assume I record "voices" and "multitude" in separate files, right?
Diane
No, thanks for checking. Just one file per act. So record them all in the order in which they appear, just as if those "extra" voices were truly part of your role.

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7231
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » December 18th, 2020, 5:49 pm

HelenAnnBowling wrote:
December 18th, 2020, 7:53 am
thank you! and sorry about those mistakes, :oops: i will fix them hopefully sometime this week!
No worries. Easy mistakes to make. :)

kiwileer1
Posts: 11
Joined: April 26th, 2020, 9:08 pm

Post by kiwileer1 » December 18th, 2020, 5:51 pm

mightyfelix wrote:
December 17th, 2020, 9:22 pm
kiwileer1 wrote:
December 17th, 2020, 12:24 am
Hi,

I am interested in reading -Section: 11 Second Boy, Act 1 and Section- 12 Saladin, betrothed to Gulnare, Act 3.

Thanks so much!
Thank you! I've signed you up for the Second Boy. (His one line is on page 12, "Ho! More oranges!") I'll be happy to sign you up for Saladin as well, but he actually appears in acts 3 and 4. If you read his part, I'd need you to be willing to do both of those acts. Will that be alright, or would you rather choose a different role?
Hi
No worries.

I will select another character. Thank you so much.

Dtcastid
Posts: 112
Joined: June 1st, 2020, 1:14 pm

Post by Dtcastid » December 19th, 2020, 11:13 am

mightyfelix wrote:
December 18th, 2020, 5:48 pm
Dtcastid wrote:
December 18th, 2020, 10:56 am
mightyfelix wrote:
December 17th, 2020, 9:18 pm


Whoops, I realized that I missed this post when I was updating yesterday. Yes, these roles are yours! Thank you!
No worries. I assume I record "voices" and "multitude" in separate files, right?
Diane
No, thanks for checking. Just one file per act. So record them all in the order in which they appear, just as if those "extra" voices were truly part of your role.
ok, got it. Glad I checked!

Dtcastid
Posts: 112
Joined: June 1st, 2020, 1:14 pm

Post by Dtcastid » December 19th, 2020, 4:33 pm

Hi Devorah,
Here is The Old Man, act 7 and 9, sections 31 and 32.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_oldman_07_128kb.mp3, which runs at 2:53

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_oldman_09_128kb.mp3, which runs at 5:42.

Thanks,
Diane

Tchaikovsky
Posts: 34
Joined: October 29th, 2020, 5:29 am

Post by Tchaikovsky » December 21st, 2020, 11:29 am

Hello Devorah,

Here is the file for Apothecary Act 8. Duration is 4 minutes, 2 seconds and 3.4mb

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_apothecary_act8_128kb.mp3.mp3


Tchaikovsky.

PS I will get on to the Architect next.

SpockleDorf
Posts: 33
Joined: April 23rd, 2018, 3:24 pm
Location: Idaho, United States
Contact:

Post by SpockleDorf » December 22nd, 2020, 11:16 am

I am finding I'm not as experienced as I thought with editing... I currently have a good 10 minutes of reading for Act 2--though I still have another 25 minutes of material to go through. I am optimistic I will be sending the recording to you by tonight, as so far I don't need to re-record anything.

I hope everyone is having a very Merry Christmas! :D

EDIT: So... I haven't gotten my setup back out, but I will tomorrow. I found a lot of little things I needed to re-record and it doesn't make sense for me to submit a recording with lot of flaws. Thank you! I am learning soo much!
Last edited by SpockleDorf on December 22nd, 2020, 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DISCLAIMER: All typos were created specifically for your enjoyment and are free of charge.

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7231
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » December 22nd, 2020, 9:04 pm

Thanks for the update! Editing can be quite tricky at first, but it will get easier the more you do. :)

Donzo
Posts: 14
Joined: August 15th, 2020, 10:42 pm

Post by Donzo » December 24th, 2020, 3:46 am

May I read Sections 9 & 10 Selim Act 1 Selim Act 10

Post Reply