[PLAY-OPEN] Aladdin, or, The Wonderful Lamp-mtf

Plays and other dramatic works
Post Reply
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6471
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » September 20th, 2020, 8:37 am

jennlea wrote:
September 20th, 2020, 5:52 am
Devorah-

For Gulnare's song in Act 6 do you want me to chant it or create a little tune to sing?
I don't have a preference. You can do whatever is more comfortable/fun for you. :D

jennlea
Posts: 698
Joined: February 10th, 2019, 9:44 pm

Post by jennlea » September 20th, 2020, 9:34 am

mightyfelix wrote:
September 20th, 2020, 8:37 am
jennlea wrote:
September 20th, 2020, 5:52 am
Devorah-

For Gulnare's song in Act 6 do you want me to chant it or create a little tune to sing?
I don't have a preference. You can do whatever is more comfortable/fun for you. :D
:thumbs:
-Jenn B.

jennlea
Posts: 698
Joined: February 10th, 2019, 9:44 pm

Post by jennlea » September 20th, 2020, 7:50 pm

-Jenn B.

alanmapstone
Posts: 2083
Joined: February 15th, 2012, 12:20 pm
Location: Oxford

Post by alanmapstone » September 20th, 2020, 11:17 pm

alanmapstone wrote:
September 18th, 2020, 8:58 pm
mightyfelix wrote:
September 18th, 2020, 7:05 pm
My roles are recorded and uploaded. If anyone wants to PL them, it couldn't hurt. Any takers? Todd? Alan?
Hi Devorah
I will check the Female Bird as I need to try to match it.

Beauty is PL OK :thumbs:
Did you see this :hmm:
alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose

Kristine1990
Posts: 127
Joined: October 18th, 2019, 5:09 am
Location: Warburg, Alberta, Canada
Contact:

Post by Kristine1990 » September 21st, 2020, 4:42 am

Hi mightyfelix. Here is the edited version of 'spirits of the trees.' :) If it needs any more edits, please let me know. :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_spiritofthetrees_2_128kb.mp3

alanmapstone
Posts: 2083
Joined: February 15th, 2012, 12:20 pm
Location: Oxford

Post by alanmapstone » September 21st, 2020, 8:57 am

alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose

jennlea
Posts: 698
Joined: February 10th, 2019, 9:44 pm

Post by jennlea » September 21st, 2020, 8:53 pm

And here are Acts 6 and 10 for Gulnare:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_gulnare_06_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_gulnare_10_128kb.mp3

If the song in Act 6 isn't to your liking, I can easily redo it. I'm not a composer so I basically just sang the same tune I came up with over and over :lol:
-Jenn B.

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6471
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » September 23rd, 2020, 6:09 pm

Thank you, everyone! Sorry that I let this one sit for so long without updating it. Should be up to date now. I'll get to PLs Friday, I hope.

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6471
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » September 23rd, 2020, 7:28 pm

Kristine1990 wrote:
September 21st, 2020, 4:42 am
Hi mightyfelix. Here is the edited version of 'spirits of the trees.' :) If it needs any more edits, please let me know. :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_spiritofthetrees_2_128kb.mp3
Thanks, Kristine! Unfortunately, this is still not quite right. You've fixed a couple of the issues. Here's what I still need:

Voice credit is still missing. You should read it as: "Voices of the Trees, read by ____[your name]____."
0:30 This line still needs work. The line should be (p. 34): "And thou wilt go, and leave us here in sadness?" I am now hearing: "Thou wilt, and go, and leave us here in sadness?" It sounds like you attempted to patch in only the words that were missing. This rarely gives a good result, because it's so hard to line it up in just exactly the right spot. I recommend that you re-record that whole sentence and replace it together as a unit: "And thou wilt go, and leave us here in sadness?"

Kristine1990
Posts: 127
Joined: October 18th, 2019, 5:09 am
Location: Warburg, Alberta, Canada
Contact:

Post by Kristine1990 » September 23rd, 2020, 7:32 pm

Thanks for the feedback, mightyfelix. :) I'll be sure to edit the sentence and the voice credit. :)

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6471
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » September 25th, 2020, 5:32 pm

alanmapstone wrote:
September 21st, 2020, 8:57 am
Melpomene act 6

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_melpomene_06.mp3
PL ok, thank you!

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6471
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » September 25th, 2020, 5:51 pm

I've just had a listen to Gulnare's lines for acts 5 and 6. Very nicely done! The song in act 6 is especially nice. :9:

Just one thing to address, in act 5:

3:00 Two missing lines, p. 125: "Oh heavens!" and "Good angel, hast thou heard...."

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6471
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » September 25th, 2020, 6:14 pm

And I just finished listening to all the rest of Gulnare. Thank you so much, Jenn, you have done so much here to make the princess come alive for us. :9: 9 and 10 are PL ok.

Some notes for act 8:

1:40 OPTIONAL, but would be really nice for emphasis. Text (p. 208) reads: "A thousand thousand times." I hear "A thousand times." I think the repetition here really helps to show the intensity ofher joy.
3:00 Missing line, p. 221: "This dish is better still--taste it, my lord."

jennlea
Posts: 698
Joined: February 10th, 2019, 9:44 pm

Post by jennlea » September 26th, 2020, 6:08 am

mightyfelix wrote:
September 25th, 2020, 5:51 pm
I've just had a listen to Gulnare's lines for acts 5 and 6. Very nicely done! The song in act 6 is especially nice. :9:

Just one thing to address, in act 5:

3:00 Two missing lines, p. 125: "Oh heavens!" and "Good angel, hast thou heard...."
mightyfelix wrote:
September 25th, 2020, 6:14 pm
And I just finished listening to all the rest of Gulnare. Thank you so much, Jenn, you have done so much here to make the princess come alive for us. :9: 9 and 10 are PL ok.

Some notes for act 8:

1:40 OPTIONAL, but would be really nice for emphasis. Text (p. 208) reads: "A thousand thousand times." I hear "A thousand times." I think the repetition here really helps to show the intensity ofher joy.
3:00 Missing line, p. 221: "This dish is better still--taste it, my lord."
Thank you so much, Devorah :9:

Here are Acts 5 and 8 with the corrections (I did include the optional note in Act 8):
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_gulnare_05_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_gulnare_08_128kb.mp3
-Jenn B.

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6471
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » September 27th, 2020, 5:23 pm

Thank you, Jenn. Gulnare is PL ok!

We have a lot of ground to cover still, but we're getting there! I'm so impressed at everyone's contributions so far! :9:

Post Reply