[COMPLETE] Aladdin, or, The Wonderful Lamp-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Thoria

Post by Thoria »

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_mastermason_act_6_128kb.mp3
Master Mason, Act 6.
Duration: 1:02
I don't know if it's okay lol. Feedbacks are welcome.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks for being so quick! :D I'll listen to it after the US holiday tomorrow. Hopefully this weekend sometime.
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Hi Devorah
In act 5 their are 3 unclaimed roles. The Water Spirit looks the most interesting, unless you want a female voice for the dialogue with Todd.
There are a number of unclaimed roles in act 6. Although I read the prologue to this act perhaps I could also read the Coppersmith as he only appears later in the act?
Up to you

Happy Thanksgiving 😺
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thoria wrote: November 25th, 2020, 9:07 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_mastermason_act_6_128kb.mp3
Master Mason, Act 6.
Duration: 1:02
I don't know if it's okay lol. Feedbacks are welcome.
Very nice! One important piece of feedback I have for you is to remember to leave a 3-5 second space in between your lines. Now, technically, you only have one very long line here, so it may seem odd that I'm asking for a space. But your voice credit ("Master Mason, read by Thoria") should also be separated from your actual line.

In addition, there is one very sneaky "All" line at the bottom of page 150", which you missed: "The Sultan, with his son-in-law!

So, please paste a few seconds of silence in after your voice credit. Then also add that "All" line at the end, after another gap. That's it! :D
Thoria

Post by Thoria »

Thank you so much for the feedback.
This is the new recording: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_mastermason_act6_128kb_1.mp3
Duration: 1:16

For the last line, I didn't think I was supposed to say "All the workmen." So, I just left a gap and started with "The Sultan..."
Please let me know if I'm supposed to add that instead.
Thank you.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thoria wrote: November 28th, 2020, 12:20 pm Thank you so much for the feedback.
This is the new recording: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_mastermason_act6_128kb_1.mp3

For the last line, I didn't think I was supposed to say "All the workmen." So, I just left a gap and started with "The Sultan..."
Thank you.
Thank you! This is PL ok now! :thumbs: You were right not to say "All the workmen." Good job!

I did notice that this seemed to be an entirely new recording, rather than an edited version of the first one, is that right? It's not much of a big deal to just start all over for something very short like this, but in the future, it's best to just edit your original recording, rather than starting over new. Especially for a long chapter, that results in lots of extra work, both for you and for your proof listener. And there's always a chance that a new error might creep in to the new recording. Just something to keep in mind for the future. :wink:

I look forward to hearing your other parts! :D
Thoria

Post by Thoria »

mightyfelix wrote: November 30th, 2020, 8:57 pm
Thoria wrote: November 28th, 2020, 12:20 pm Thank you so much for the feedback.

Thank you.
Thank you! This is PL ok now! :thumbs: You were right not to say "All the workmen." Good job!

I did notice that this seemed to be an entirely new recording, rather than an edited version of the first one, is that right? It's not much of a big deal to just start all over for something very short like this, but in the future, it's best to just edit your original recording, rather than starting over new. Especially for a long chapter, that results in lots of extra work, both for you and for your proof listener. And there's always a chance that a new error might creep in to the new recording. Just something to keep in mind for the future. :wink:

I look forward to hearing your other parts! :D
Thank you so much. I'll keep that in mind.
Doug42

Post by Doug42 »

Here is my recording of the 'Grocer' in Chapter 3.
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladin_grocer_03_128k.mp3
It is about 4 min 22 seconds long.

Near the end I added some reverb when the grocer is writing in his book - if this is too much, or you feel its inappropriate for this recording, let me know and I will re-record that section.

*** Doug F.
*** Doug F.
"The glass isn't half full, its about to overflow - get me another glass!"
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Doug42 wrote: December 1st, 2020, 7:55 pm Here is my recording of the 'Grocer' in Chapter 3.
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladin_grocer_03_128k.mp3
It is about 4 min 22 seconds long.

Near the end I added some reverb when the grocer is writing in his book - if this is too much, or you feel its inappropriate for this recording, let me know and I will re-record that section.

*** Doug F.
Thank you, Doug! I'll listen this weekend probably.

My initial feeling is that reverb would probably not be appropriate. I think it is less that we're hearing what's inside his head, and more that he's talking to himself/thinking aloud as he writes. After all, this is written much like a stage play. But perhaps I will be pleasantly surprised when I hear it. It wouldn't be the first time. Stay tuned!
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

alanmapstone wrote: November 27th, 2020, 12:14 am Hi Devorah
In act 5 their are 3 unclaimed roles. The Water Spirit looks the most interesting, unless you want a female voice for the dialogue with Todd.
There are a number of unclaimed roles in act 6. Although I read the prologue to this act perhaps I could also read the Coppersmith as he only appears later in the act?
Up to you
Alan
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

alanmapstone wrote: December 3rd, 2020, 4:24 am
alanmapstone wrote: November 27th, 2020, 12:14 am Hi Devorah
Up to you
Whoops, sorry Alan! Thanks for the nudge.

I am fine with you reading the Coppersmith. You're right that the prologue isn't really part of the act.

In act 3, feel free to take whichever role you like. I don't think the water spirit needs to be female.
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

mightyfelix wrote: December 3rd, 2020, 7:01 am I am fine with you reading the Coppersmith. You're right that the prologue isn't really part of the act.
In act 3, feel free to take whichever role you like. I don't think the water spirit needs to be female.
OK I will claim The Water Spirit (act 5) and Coppersmith (act 6) 😺
Alan
peterbrashvoice

Post by peterbrashvoice »

Hi,

I was supposed to do the Jester. Unfortunately, life has caught up with me and I won't be able to do the part. I am very sorry.

Peter Brash
Peter Brash
peterbrashvoice
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

No problem. Thank you for letting me know.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

alanmapstone wrote: December 3rd, 2020, 7:36 am
mightyfelix wrote: December 3rd, 2020, 7:01 am I am fine with you reading the Coppersmith. You're right that the prologue isn't really part of the act.
OK I will claim The Water Spirit (act 5) and Coppersmith (act 6) 😺
Got it, thank you!