[COMPLETE] Aladdin, or, The Wonderful Lamp-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

I saw in your signature line, in another thread, that you are in need of an Aladdin here. I'm doubtful whether a 60-ish woman would be voice-appropriate for a young lad, but as I see you have specified "gender-neutral" for this role, I figured it couldn't hurt to inquire. Would you consider me for the claim, or would you rather wait a few days and see if a younger voice volunteers? I can check back later, if you'd like to wait a bit.
Donzo

Post by Donzo »

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin-selimact1act.mp3

Good Afternoon,

I thought I would re-do both acts and make the corrections and it may help you to pick and choose for editing. Thanks for all your insight.

-Donzo
Donzo

Post by Donzo »

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

commonsparrow3 wrote: March 7th, 2021, 10:05 am I saw in your signature line, in another thread, that you are in need of an Aladdin here. I'm doubtful whether a 60-ish woman would be voice-appropriate for a young lad, but as I see you have specified "gender-neutral" for this role, I figured it couldn't hurt to inquire. Would you consider me for the claim, or would you rather wait a few days and see if a younger voice volunteers? I can check back later, if you'd like to wait a bit.
Oh. I thought I specified gender specific for Aladdin and the princess. But now that I'm looking at my first post, I see that's not what I said originally. :? I suppose that either my thinking has changed on this or I just didn't type out my actual intent when I started. :roll: I think I would rather wait and see if a male will volunteer. But thank you for your offer!
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

mightyfelix wrote: March 7th, 2021, 11:23 amOh. I thought I specified gender specific for Aladdin and the princess. But now that I'm looking at my first post, I see that's not what I said originally. :? I suppose that either my thinking has changed on this or I just didn't type out my actual intent when I started. :roll: I think I would rather wait and see if a male will volunteer. But thank you for your offer!
:thumbs: That's fine! Better to wait for a voice more suitable!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Donzo wrote: March 7th, 2021, 10:41 am Sent Act 1 this is Act 10

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin-selimact10.mp3_2:6_.mp3
Thanks, Donzo. I had actually already cut all of your act 1 lines into my master file, so I only needed the one about the oranges. But I've got that now too, so we're ok with act 1!

This act 10 file, though, is actually identical to the first one you sent. There's something funny about the file name too. It looks like maybe you uploaded the wrong version? Here are the act 10 notes again, in case you need them.
0:19 Missing line, p. 264: "What, Sindbad! Don't you really know me, then?"
0:45 There is a word missing in this line and another word added, so that it sounds a bit confusing. Text reads (p. 265): "...and I should, to hear you talk, almost believe..." I hear: "...and I should hear you talk of almost believe..."
2:59 Changed word, that makes the sentence not make sense. Text reads (p. 268): "My hose will be most miserably dirtied at the knees." (hose meaning stockings, here) I hear: "My house will be most miserably dirtied at the knees."
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Hi Devorah,

I'll help you out with Aladdin! :)
Tomas Peter
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

WiltedScribe wrote: March 8th, 2021, 5:24 pm Hi Devorah,

I'll help you out with Aladdin! :)
Hurray, thank you, Tomas! Happy to have you on board. :)
Donzo

Post by Donzo »

Donzo

Post by Donzo »

Please ignore what I sent yesterday wrong file

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/_Selim_Act_10-3.mp3
Donzo

Post by Donzo »

Donzo

Post by Donzo »

Tchaikovsky

Post by Tchaikovsky »

Here is the Owner/Multitude, Act 7. Passed in checker and duration is 2:29

Tchaikovsky

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_owner_act7_128kb.mp3
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Donzo wrote: March 10th, 2021, 6:53 am This is the one we need
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/_xSelim_Act_10_(3).mp3
Thanks, Donzo! It seems as if you may be having some technical difficulties? I notice that this new file is in stereo sound, although your previous one was mono, as it should be. :hmm: Something must have been changed in your settings since then. However, I can still convert it to mono and make use of it. So this is fine for now, but you'll want to correct that for future submissions.

This file also has a handful of lines missing, but fortunately, the ones missing from here are all present in your first file. So, between the two of them, we have everything we need for Selim, and I can mark him PL ok! :clap:

Thanks for sticking with this. I am excited to hear your scenes all put together! And if you do need any help with settings or anything like that, you can always ask in the Need Help forum. You'll usually get a response over there in a few hours. :D

I hope to see you again in another project very soon!
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

It looks like you're looking for a fool?

Well look no further!

I am your fool!

(that didn't come out right, did it?)
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."