[COMPLETE] Aladdin, or, The Wonderful Lamp-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Doug42

Post by Doug42 »

mightyfelix wrote: February 26th, 2021, 1:23 pm .....

Um... :oops: In other news...

How convenient that you and Donzo should have both submitted corrections at the same time! :mrgreen: I just realized, while double checking his Selim role (see my last post in this thread) that I probably misinterpreted a scene in act 1 that you appeared in as Sindbad. If you like (but I won't require it of you), it would be great to have one extra line from you: "Ho! more oranges!" Named something like aladdin_sindbad_oranges. I think this line was meant to be spoken by Aladdin, Selim, and Sindbad, not some random nameless boys. :roll:
Not a problem - here's Sinbad's line. I took the liberty of naming it with Sinbad's name first (Backwards from your original suggestion), to help separate it from Donzo's recording for Aladin, which (I think) would naturally have Aladin's name first.

The file name is https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/sinbad_aladin_oranges.mp3. It is, of course, very short <grin>

*** Doug F.
*** Doug F.
"The glass isn't half full, its about to overflow - get me another glass!"
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Doug42 wrote: March 1st, 2021, 5:05 pm
mightyfelix wrote: February 26th, 2021, 1:23 pm .....

Um... :oops: In other news...

How convenient that you and Donzo should have both submitted corrections at the same time! :mrgreen: I just realized, while double checking his Selim role (see my last post in this thread) that I probably misinterpreted a scene in act 1 that you appeared in as Sindbad. If you like (but I won't require it of you), it would be great to have one extra line from you: "Ho! more oranges!" Named something like aladdin_sindbad_oranges. I think this line was meant to be spoken by Aladdin, Selim, and Sindbad, not some random nameless boys. :roll:
Not a problem - here's Sinbad's line. I took the liberty of naming it with Sinbad's name first (Backwards from your original suggestion), to help separate it from Donzo's recording for Aladin, which (I think) would naturally have Aladin's name first.

The file name is https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/sinbad_aladin_oranges.mp3. It is, of course, very short <grin>

*** Doug F.
Thank you! Actually, Aladdin's file would simply have his name twice, once as the title and once as the name. It's best to have the title as the first part of the file name for every file. That way, all the files for a given project will sort together in the uploader folder. However, I have it saved now, and that is the important thing. Thanks so much for providing this extra line! :D
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

One orphan in Act 7! If you are not already appearing in this act (and you do not have one of the "large" roles as specified in the first post), you are welcome to take this newly opened role!
Tchaikovsky

Post by Tchaikovsky »

mightyfelix wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 8:00 pm One orphan in Act 7! If you are not already appearing in this act (and you do not have one of the "large" roles as specified in the first post), you are welcome to take this newly opened role!
Hi There,
I am not already in that Act so I will step up to read him.

Tchaikovsky
AuntBecky

Post by AuntBecky »

Hi, if it's still available, I'm willing to read Owner of the House. This is my first time (I know I need to do a one-minute recording first; I'll figure out how to do that). Should the name listed be our username, or should it be different?
AuntBecky

Post by AuntBecky »

Also, I just saw T's reply--if you'd rather just use someone already in, no worries. Just let me know. I'm happy to help if you need me, but also don't want to step on anyone. ;)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

AuntBecky wrote: March 4th, 2021, 12:12 pm Hi, if it's still available, I'm willing to read Owner of the House. This is my first time (I know I need to do a one-minute recording first; I'll figure out how to do that). Should the name listed be our username, or should it be different?
Welcome to LibriVox! Yes, that test will be extremely helpful, both for you and for any BCs (book coordinators) that you'll be working with. Here is the info on how to complete it, in case you still need it: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

You can use your forum name, your real name, or some other pseudonym on your catalogue page. Some, like myself, have chosen to use our real names. But others have very understandable privacy concerns or other issues, so they prefer to remain anonymous with a pseudonym. It's your choice!

As you already noticed, this role was claimed just before you. But I'll be opening up the role of the jester very soon (unless the reader responds to me before tomorrow, which is not looking likely). So you would be welcome to take that role instead, if you like.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Tchaikovsky wrote: March 4th, 2021, 5:54 am
mightyfelix wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 8:00 pm One orphan in Act 7! If you are not already appearing in this act (and you do not have one of the "large" roles as specified in the first post), you are welcome to take this newly opened role!
Hi There,
I am not already in that Act so I will step up to read him.

Tchaikovsky
Thank you, you're in!
AuntBecky

Post by AuntBecky »

mightyfelix wrote: March 4th, 2021, 9:25 pm
AuntBecky wrote: March 4th, 2021, 12:12 pm Hi, if it's still available, I'm willing to read Owner of the House. This is my first time (I know I need to do a one-minute recording first; I'll figure out how to do that). Should the name listed be our username, or should it be different?
Welcome to LibriVox! Yes, that test will be extremely helpful, both for you and for any BCs (book coordinators) that you'll be working with. Here is the info on how to complete it, in case you still need it: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

You can use your forum name, your real name, or some other pseudonym on your catalogue page. Some, like myself, have chosen to use our real names. But others have very understandable privacy concerns or other issues, so they prefer to remain anonymous with a pseudonym. It's your choice!

As you already noticed, this role was claimed just before you. But I'll be opening up the role of the jester very soon (unless the reader responds to me before tomorrow, which is not looking likely). So you would be welcome to take that role instead, if you like.
Which act? I'll look it up to make sure it seems comfortable, but I'm sure it's fine. :)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

AuntBecky wrote: March 4th, 2021, 9:55 pm Which act? I'll look it up to make sure it seems comfortable, but I'm sure it's fine. :)
The Jester/Fool appears in acts 5 and 9. It's quite a fun part, I think! A bit larger than the Owner of the House, if I recall correctly.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

alanmapstone wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 2:11 am The Water Spirit et al

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_waterspirit_05.mp3
Thanks, Alan, much appreciated!

Still not quite what I was hoping for with the choruses, though. I meant all of the Choruses, including First, Second, and Third. :hmm: Casting would be too complicated if I tried to divvy them all up separately, I think, and more voices gives me more flexibility in editing.

I feel bad asking you to make another correction, though! :lol: If you like, we can call it good for now, and I can come knocking at your door if it turns out I don't have enough voices for the other Choruses? :)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I have (reluctantly) opened up the role of the Jester and the role of Aladdin. The Jester is open to anyone who is not already appearing in acts 5 and 9. (One reader has indicated a potential interest in this role, but I haven't gotten a confirmation yet.) Aladdin, of course, will have to be recruited from outside the group of people who have already participated thus far. I'm off to post the orphan announcement...
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

mightyfelix wrote: March 5th, 2021, 9:55 pm
Still not quite what I was hoping for with the choruses, though. I meant all of the Choruses, including First, Second, and Third. :hmm: Casting would be too complicated if I tried to divvy them all up separately, I think, and more voices gives me more flexibility in editing.
I feel bad asking you to make another correction, though! :lol: If you like, we can call it good for now, and I can come knocking at your door if it turns out I don't have enough voices for the other Choruses? :)
Sorry but I assumed you would want to differentiate the voices of 1st, 2nd and 3rd chorus rather than having them all the same voice.
I will add them in when I have a bit of time. Collectively they are quite long. :hmm:

Good Luck with finding a new Aladdin :help:
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

alanmapstone wrote: March 5th, 2021, 11:32 pm
mightyfelix wrote: March 5th, 2021, 9:55 pm
Sorry but I assumed you would want to differentiate the voices of 1st, 2nd and 3rd chorus rather than having them all the same voice.
I will add them in when I have a bit of time. Collectively they are quite long. :hmm:

Good Luck with finding a new Aladdin :help:
Thanks for your willingness! You're right, they are long. And I will try to differentiate them if I can during editing. But, as I said, the more voices I have to work with, the easier it will be to figure out how to do that.