[COMPLETE] Aladdin, or, The Wonderful Lamp-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

alanmapstone wrote: October 15th, 2020, 2:13 am Wicked Spirits (Bespoke version)

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_wickedspirits_10.mp3
Perfect! PL ok now, thank you! :D
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

VocalPenguin wrote: October 13th, 2020, 5:43 pm Hindbad, Act 10 (12:19): https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_hindbad_10_128kb.mp3

This sure was a fun act to record!
Fun to listen to, also. Can't wait to hear it all put together! PL ok! :thumbs:
HelenAnnBowling

Post by HelenAnnBowling »

mightyfelix wrote: October 13th, 2020, 5:39 pm
HelenAnnBowling wrote: October 13th, 2020, 1:37 pm can I play the role of the jester/fool in acts 5 and 9?
That would be great! Thank you! And welcome to LibriVox! Before you get started, please be sure to complete your 1-minute test, a sound/tech check, to be sure that your recordings will be in the right format.

When that's done, all of the information you will need for this project should be in the first post of this thread, so be sure to read it carefully. Feel free to act and emote as much as you want for a dramatic reading like this. Please ask if you have questions, and have fun!

How would you like to be listed in the catalogue? You can use your real name, screen name, or some other pseudonym.
sure! HelenAnnBowling is fine to use, thanks!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

HelenAnnBowling wrote: October 17th, 2020, 6:13 am
mightyfelix wrote: October 13th, 2020, 5:39 pm
HelenAnnBowling wrote: October 13th, 2020, 1:37 pm can I play the role of the jester/fool in acts 5 and 9?
That would be great! Thank you! And welcome to LibriVox! Before you get started, please be sure to complete your 1-minute test, a sound/tech check, to be sure that your recordings will be in the right format.

When that's done, all of the information you will need for this project should be in the first post of this thread, so be sure to read it carefully. Feel free to act and emote as much as you want for a dramatic reading like this. Please ask if you have questions, and have fun!

How would you like to be listed in the catalogue? You can use your real name, screen name, or some other pseudonym.
sure! HelenAnnBowling is fine to use, thanks!
Got it, thank you! Here is your reader page--------> https://librivox.org/reader/15099
SpockleDorf

Post by SpockleDorf »

Aladdin Act 1
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_aladdin_1_128kb.mp3 12:41

Added missing line, new content 10:22 to 10:33

And yes, I didn't realize Aladdin was such a scamp as well! I see him in a whole new (world) Light!

I'm excited to see him do some learning and developing...
DISCLAIMER: All typos were created specifically for your enjoyment and are free of charge.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Act 1 for Aladdin PL ok now, thanks! :D
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

SpockleDorf wrote: October 18th, 2020, 8:16 pm I see him in a whole new (world) Light!
Just popping in to say that the princess now has this song stuck in her royal head :lol:
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
Shubham000

Post by Shubham000 »

I want to take zypher act 7 and 8
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Shubham000 wrote: October 20th, 2020, 8:30 pm I want to take zypher act 7 and 8
Welcome, Shubham!

I see that your test has been approved, and that this will be your first role in a dramatic reading, which seems to be of special interest to you. I think that's wonderful!

Zephyr is a fun character! The special rules for these kinds of projects are fairly straighforward. Be sure to include your voice credit at the beginning of the recording. ("Zephyr, read by ________") Leave a 3-5 second pause between each line, including any time when your line is broken by stage directions. It's a good idea to read a little bit of what's happening before each of your lines, so you know how best to "react" to the other characters. Otherwise, feel free to act and be expressive as much as you want! I hope you have fun here. :D
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Oh yes, and I forgot to ask, since this is your first role, I also need to enter you into the catalogue. What name would you like to use in the catalogue? It can be your real name, your screen name, or some other pseudonym. I can also link to a blog or website if you have one. :)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

The role of Saladin is orphaned!
Shubham000

Post by Shubham000 »

mightyfelix wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 5:15 pm
Oh yes, and I forgot to ask, since this is your first role, I also need to enter you into the catalogue. What name would you like to use in the catalogue? It can be your real name, your screen name, or some other pseudonym. I can also link to a blog or website if you have one. :)

Yeah I'll use my real name
" Shubham sammal "
Shubham000

Post by Shubham000 »

mightyfelix wrote: July 23rd, 2020, 9:00 pm Welcome, both of you! MW updated, and I'm moving us to Readers Wanted.
What is the meaning of read voices and multitudes
Shubham000

Post by Shubham000 »

mightyfelix wrote: July 22nd, 2020, 9:29 pm Now accepting claims! Help bring this fantastic tale to life!

The subtitle of the work is "A Dramatic Poem - In Two Parts." Each part consists of five acts, making this quite an undertaking. You should also be aware that almost all of it is in verse, and there are even several choruses! The formatting is fairly terrible, so please be sure to read everything around your part carefully so as not to miss anything!

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AkyK9EfDLW0Oi5de7nrOegAKTaQexA?e=rgIQXk
Can you just explain the start of Zephyr
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Shubham000 wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 11:14 pm What is the meaning of read voices and multitudes
There are lines in act 7 that are marked "Voices" and other lines in the same act that are marked "Multitude." These are all crowd or group lines. I want your voice to be part of that crowd, so I'd like you to include those lines along with Zephyr's lines. Those lines are on page 186-187.
Shubham000 wrote: October 24th, 2020, 6:00 am Can you just explain the start of Zephyr
I'm sorry, but I don't understand this question. What are you having trouble with?