[PLAY-OPEN] Aladdin, or, The Wonderful Lamp-mtf

Plays and other dramatic works
Post Reply
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6506
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » September 18th, 2020, 7:05 pm

My roles are recorded and uploaded. I don't know that a PL is necessary, as I can make any changes needed when I edit the acts together. But if anyone wants to PL them, it couldn't hurt. Any takers? Todd? Alan?

Kristine1990
Posts: 127
Joined: October 18th, 2019, 5:09 am
Location: Warburg, Alberta, Canada
Contact:

Post by Kristine1990 » September 18th, 2020, 7:43 pm

I have a question: I am reading The Spirits of the Trees in Act 2, as well as the chorus of spirits the line before that. Do I record those lines in the same recording, or do I record each part separately?

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6506
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » September 18th, 2020, 8:06 pm

Kristine1990 wrote:
September 18th, 2020, 7:43 pm
I have a question: I am reading The Spirits of the Trees in Act 2, as well as the chorus of spirits the line before that. Do I record those lines in the same recording, or do I record each part separately?
All in the same recording, please! The fewer files I have to juggle, the better!

Kristine1990
Posts: 127
Joined: October 18th, 2019, 5:09 am
Location: Warburg, Alberta, Canada
Contact:

Post by Kristine1990 » September 18th, 2020, 8:19 pm

Thanks for getting back to me so quick mightyfelix. :)

Kristine1990
Posts: 127
Joined: October 18th, 2019, 5:09 am
Location: Warburg, Alberta, Canada
Contact:

Post by Kristine1990 » September 18th, 2020, 8:55 pm

Hi mightyfelix. Here is my reading of the chorus of spirits, the trees, and the voice soft and far away. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_spiritofthetrees_2_128kb.mp3

alanmapstone
Posts: 2111
Joined: February 15th, 2012, 12:20 pm
Location: Oxford

Post by alanmapstone » September 18th, 2020, 8:58 pm

mightyfelix wrote:
September 18th, 2020, 7:05 pm
My roles are recorded and uploaded. I don't know that a PL is necessary, as I can make any changes needed when I edit the acts together. But if anyone wants to PL them, it couldn't hurt. Any takers? Todd? Alan?
Hi Devorah
I will check the Female Bird as I need to try to match it.

Beauty is PL OK :thumbs:
alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose

VocalPenguin
Posts: 75
Joined: March 4th, 2020, 5:12 pm

Post by VocalPenguin » September 19th, 2020, 6:26 am

May I claim Hindbad?

jennlea
Posts: 720
Joined: February 10th, 2019, 9:44 pm

Post by jennlea » September 19th, 2020, 9:25 am

mightyfelix wrote:
September 17th, 2020, 8:17 pm
Nicely done, Jenn. Your first act is in the bag! A small appearance to start off, but that's all it takes to seal Aladdin's fate. :lol:
Thanks, Devorah! Here are Acts 3 and 4:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_gulnare_03_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_gulnare_04_128kb.mp3

I think I'm coming up on this project being due for me, but I should have some time to finish her part in the next few days.
-Jenn B.
My Recordings

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6506
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » September 19th, 2020, 6:53 pm

VocalPenguin wrote:
September 19th, 2020, 6:26 am
May I claim Hindbad?
Of course, thank you! I was wondering how long it would be before he was claimed. He's really a fascinating character. Have fun!

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6506
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » September 19th, 2020, 7:11 pm

Kristine1990 wrote:
September 18th, 2020, 8:55 pm
Hi mightyfelix. Here is my reading of the chorus of spirits, the trees, and the voice soft and far away. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_spiritofthetrees_2_128kb.mp3
Thank you, Kristine! A short appearance, but definitely needed to set the scene of the amazing magical cave! I have a few notes for you to address.

Volume a bit low. (85 dB) I'll adjust volume anyway when I edit, but this may be something for you to watch.
Missing voice credit: "Voice of the Trees, read by _______" There is no need to preface each line with which voice it belongs to. It's cleaner to have just the lines. Never fear. I'll know which is which! You don't need to delete those bits if you don't feel like it, but just tuck that knowledge away for next time. :)
0:04 Slight word change. The meaning is the same, but it throws off the meter and rhyme. This is more of a problem than it normally would be, too, since this line will be merged in unison with other voices. Text reads (p. 34): "Hark to the thunder / The levin has broke / And rifted asunder / The rock with its stroke." I hear: "Hark to the thunder / The levin is broken / And rifted asunder / The rock with its stroke."
0:30 Missing word. Text reads (p. 34): "And thou wilt go..." I hear: "And wilt go..."

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6506
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » September 19th, 2020, 7:18 pm

jennlea wrote:
September 19th, 2020, 9:25 am
mightyfelix wrote:
September 17th, 2020, 8:17 pm
Nicely done, Jenn. Your first act is in the bag! A small appearance to start off, but that's all it takes to seal Aladdin's fate. :lol:
Thanks, Devorah! Here are Acts 3 and 4:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_gulnare_03_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_gulnare_04_128kb.mp3

I think I'm coming up on this project being due for me, but I should have some time to finish her part in the next few days.
Both are PL ok, thanks so much, Jenn! You make a lovely princess. :9:

jennlea
Posts: 720
Joined: February 10th, 2019, 9:44 pm

Post by jennlea » September 19th, 2020, 7:59 pm

mightyfelix wrote:
September 19th, 2020, 7:18 pm
Both are PL ok, thanks so much, Jenn! You make a lovely princess. :9:
Aww, thanks :9:
-Jenn B.
My Recordings

GeekGod
Posts: 14
Joined: October 18th, 2016, 2:47 pm

Post by GeekGod » September 20th, 2020, 12:27 am

Hi mightyfelix,

I have been going over my lines that I have to record for act 7. I’m hoping to get it done in the next three days. I was wondering if there was any specific way you wanted me to pronounce “Nuschirwan”? I want the pronunciation to be as accurate as possible and to hopefully avoid having to re-record. (For reference it’s on page 186 in the text "Multitude” says it when Aladdin is being pardoned).

Mikael

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6506
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » September 20th, 2020, 12:32 am

I'm not too picky on pronunciation of names, so long as it's reasonable given the spelling. So far, I think only one other person has had to pronounce this name, and he used something like new-SHEER-wahn. Whatever feels comfortable for you will be fine, though. :)

jennlea
Posts: 720
Joined: February 10th, 2019, 9:44 pm

Post by jennlea » September 20th, 2020, 5:52 am

Devorah-

For Gulnare's song in Act 6 do you want me to chant it or create a little tune to sing?
-Jenn B.
My Recordings

Post Reply