[COMPLETE] Peg O' My Heart by J. Hartley Manners-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Ambsweet13 wrote: January 18th, 2021, 4:04 pm Here is Act 1 for the maid! Ready for PL!

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/pegomyheart_maid_1_128kb.mp3 (1:34)
Maid Act I perfect! PLOK :thumbs:
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

alanmapstone wrote: January 18th, 2021, 4:08 am Hawkes act 3
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/pegomyheart_hawkes_3.mp3

Sorry it took so long :oops:
Not to worry, Gov'ner.

Perfectly done. As I told others, I can't wait to hear this all put together. :D

PLOK :thumbs:

Wayne
Wayne
Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

Kalamareader wrote: January 19th, 2021, 8:20 pm AMB,

Here is the corrected Chapter I with one exception. That was the one at 43:58. It is found on page 48: "He's not going. (Or, He doesn't know where to go...)" The first thing to notice is the parenthesis and then you will notice that the word "Or" is in italic and the "He doesn't know where to go" is not. What that means is that the actress may choose which of the two lines she wants to use. So, in fact, in this context (LV), it isn't really a Stage Direction.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/pegomyheart_directions_1_128kb.mp3

Wayne
Thank you for the corrections! Act 1 is now PL-OK! :D
A.M.B. :roll:

Between illnesses, work, and vacation, May wasn't my best Librivox month. But I'm back and ready to do some more recording, editing, and PLing!
Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

melissabuell wrote: October 29th, 2020, 10:51 am Ethel - Act I.
Please let me know how this recording turns out. If it's good, I'll proceed with Act II.
Thank you!

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/pegomyheart_Ethel_1_128kb.mp3
Duration: 18:53
Hi,
Sorry for the inconvenience but I was doing the editing for Act 1 and found a couple errors that were missed on PL.
First, can you please read the full voice credit (Ethel, her daughter, read by (your name))
Second, there is one missing line that was hidden in there. Bottom of p.30 "Never saw him".
You don't need to add this to your original file just give it a new name (something like pegomyheart_Ethelmissing_1_128kb)
Thank you!
AMB

Between illnesses, work, and vacation, May wasn't my best Librivox month. But I'm back and ready to do some more recording, editing, and PLing!
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

AMB

Directions for ActIII is now ready for your attention. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/pegomyheart_directions_3_128kb.mp3

The last part you can edit, cut, cut and paste, delete, rearrange or what ever you want to do. I put in every thing I could think of. :lol:

Wayne.
Wayne
melissabuell

Post by melissabuell »

I'm so sorry for the delay! I had surgery and then recovery so my mind was not on this project. I recorded the missing voice credit and the missing line.

Thanks!

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/pegomyheart_Ethelmissing_1_128kb.mp3
Ambsweet13 wrote: January 20th, 2021, 3:48 pm
Please let me know how this recording turns out. If it's good, I'll proceed with Act II.
Thank you!

Hi,
Sorry for the inconvenience but I was doing the editing for Act 1 and found a couple errors that were missed on PL.
First, can you please read the full voice credit (Ethel, her daughter, read by (your name))
Second, there is one missing line that was hidden in there. Bottom of p.30 "Never saw him".
You don't need to add this to your original file just give it a new name (something like pegomyheart_Ethelmissing_1_128kb)
Thank you!
AMB
-Melissa Buell-

“The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid.”
― Jane Austen, NORTHANGER ABBEY
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

melissabuell wrote: February 25th, 2021, 11:35 am I'm so sorry for the delay! I had surgery and then recovery so my mind was not on this project. I recorded the missing voice credit and the missing line.

Thanks!

Ambsweet13 wrote: January 20th, 2021, 3:48 pm
Thank you!

Hi,
Thank you!
AMB
Melissa,

First of all, we all hope your recovery as gone well and that you are really on the mend.

Secondly, your "ethelmissing" reading is great, but it is only at 69.7 dB as per 'Checker'. If you get a chance, please increase the volume up closer to 89. Your original recording is at 86.7, on the quiet side, but fine.

Wayne
Wayne
melissabuell

Post by melissabuell »

Re-recorded at a higher volume. Hopefully this works! (Still working on learning the ins-and-outs of Audacity...

-Melissa
-Melissa Buell-

“The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid.”
― Jane Austen, NORTHANGER ABBEY
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

melissabuell wrote: February 26th, 2021, 12:18 pm Re-recorded at a higher volume. Hopefully this works! (Still working on learning the ins-and-outs of Audacity...

-Melissa
Melissa,

This whole thing is a continual learning process, and you are doing very well.

"Perfection", as far as volume goes, is 89.0 dB. You came in at 89.2. Great work. Ethelmissing is now PLOK :thumbs:

Wayne
Wayne
Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

I have been working on the assembly of Act 1. It is going to be too long to fit in one recording so I will need a couple more lines of the stage directions.
"Part 1"
"Part 2"
"End of Act 1 Part 1"
"End of Act 1 Part 2"
You don't need to add this to your original file just give it a new name (something like pegomyheart_extradirections_1_128kb)

Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

Also, mightyfelix, can you add another section to the magic window so I can use it for Act 1 Part 2

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ambsweet13 wrote: March 28th, 2021, 2:38 pm Also, mightyfelix, can you add another section to the magic window so I can use it for Act 1 Part 2
You can add sections yourself. You just can't delete them. There's a button near the top to let you do that (Add new section). Then you can drag the new section to wherever you want it.
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Ambsweet13 wrote: March 28th, 2021, 1:40 pm I have been working on the assembly of Act 1. It is going to be too long to fit in one recording so I will need a couple more lines of the stage directions.
"Part 1"
"Part 2"
"End of Act 1 Part 1"
"End of Act 1 Part 2"
You don't need to add this to your original file just give it a new name (something like pegomyheart_extradirections_1_128kb)
I didn't realize this was this was to me. :hmm: I thought it was just you and Devorah discussing the final editing until I read it in detail and I think it was for me. I am away from a computer now, and won't be back home until Tuesday. I will get it done then. Sorry for the hangup.

Wayne
Wayne
Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

Kalamareader wrote: March 28th, 2021, 5:54 pm
Ambsweet13 wrote: March 28th, 2021, 1:40 pm I have been working on the assembly of Act 1. It is going to be too long to fit in one recording so I will need a couple more lines of the stage directions.
"Part 1"
"Part 2"
"End of Act 1 Part 1"
"End of Act 1 Part 2"
I didn't realize this was this was to me. :hmm: I thought it was just you and Devorah discussing the final editing until I read it in detail and I think it was for me. I am away from a computer now, and won't be back home until Tuesday. I will get it done then. Sorry for the hangup.

Wayne
Whoops, probably should have replied to one of your posts to make it more clear. Don't worry about it, editing like crazy here and adding in those little comments won't take very long!

Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Ambsweet13 wrote: March 28th, 2021, 6:29 pm
Kalamareader wrote: March 28th, 2021, 5:54 pm
"Part 1"
"Part 2"
"End of Act 1 Part 1"
"End of Act 1 Part 2"

Wayne
Whoops, probably should have replied to one of your posts to make it more clear. Don't worry about it, editing like crazy here and adding in those little comments won't take very long!
No problem, but I do have a question. This is my first Play DPLing. Maybe I got myself into more that I expected. So, I am to PL the entire play after you have edited it? Is that what I am gathering? It is OK and I will do it, but more that I knew. New learning is not a bad thing :help: Maybe a little instruction one exactly is my responsibility would help.

Thanks,

Wayne
Wayne