[COMPLETE] Peg O' My Heart by J. Hartley Manners-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

mightyfelix wrote: July 6th, 2021, 6:05 pm I'll see what I can do about helping to get this project finished up. I'm not able to volunteer to complete editing myself (I have more editing lined up than I can handle currently), but I will try to find an editor for act 2. And it looks like we do still need one audio file from ambsweet, but unless I'm missing something, it is only one line. I think I should be able to impersonate her for long enough to speak that much. :lol: It won't be a great impression, I'm sure, but hopefully will not be noticeable, as the character doesn't seem to have much to say.
Devorah,

I am so embarrassed :oops: . I don't know why I didn't SpotPL the first section of Act 1. I should have that done tonight, I hope, or tomorrow at the latest.

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Ambsweet13 wrote: April 7th, 2021, 5:05 pm

Don't worry about overstepping! I listened to sections of the Act but did not listen to the whole thing all the way through so if you can catch some long pauses/gaps that would be great. I took most of your suggestions and cut some of the pauses significantly. The stop stage directions were kind of unnecessary so I cut those and just had the next line come in faster. I kept the "pause" direction so that I could have a bigger gap between lines without sounding like dead air. I imagine facial expression/ movements on stage that we can't see in a recording :lol:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/pegomyheart_1_1_128kb.mp3 (49:57)
Act one part 1 ( Section 1) is PLOK :thumbs:

Wayne
Wayne
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Kalamareader wrote: July 6th, 2021, 7:25 pm Devorah,

I am so embarrassed :oops: . I don't know why I didn't SpotPL the first section of Act 1. I should have that done tonight, I hope, or tomorrow at the latest.

Wayne
No worries. I just changed the status of that section tonight. And it took me some combing through the thread to realize that it had been corrected. I think it's because, right as those corrections were posted, I derailed us into a discussion on how to split acts. I don't doubt that's probably how you missed it too, so it's no fault of yours. :)
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

And as we can tell, she didn't get around to PLing my Stage Directions. :cry:
Wayne
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Yes. But I'm betting that an editor wouldn't mind doing that as they are assembling the file. (I mean, they kind of have to.) And I've specified in my advertisement that it still needs to be done, and that you are available for corrections if needed.
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

:thumbs:
Wayne
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Happy to jump in as editor if you would like me to. I can't record at the moment due to a croaky voice so got more time on my hands.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Oh thank you, that would be lovely Michele! I'll try to get that missing line in tonight.

EDIT: Are you planning to edit both remaining acts, or should I still be on the lookout for one more editor?
wib66

Post by wib66 »

mightyfelix wrote: July 8th, 2021, 3:53 pm Oh thank you, that would be lovely Michele! I'll try to get that missing line in tonight.

EDIT: Are you planning to edit both remaining acts, or should I still be on the lookout for one more editor?
Am happy to complete any editing needed thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ok, I did my best at matching amb's voice. There was a bit more than one line. I hope I didn't miss any, but let me know if you find some I did miss!
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

I can DPL this, if you want.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

brownrottger wrote: July 10th, 2021, 4:41 pm I can DPL this, if you want.
This project already has a DPL. But if you are volunteering to PL his narrator files, that would be appreciated.
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

I just PLed "Maid".

Lines were all correct :lol: . There were two things that I would usually point out. There is a lot of 'crowd' noise in between lines, but the lines sound fine, and the volume is 91.7, but I understand that can be corrected in editing, if that is OK.

Because of everything, I will PLOK :thumbs: this. If I am in error, just let me know.

Wayne
Wayne
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

mightyfelix wrote: July 10th, 2021, 5:29 pm
brownrottger wrote: July 10th, 2021, 4:41 pm I can DPL this, if you want.
This project already has a DPL. But if you are volunteering to PL his narrator files, that would be appreciated.
Ok, I'll do that.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Kalamareader wrote: July 10th, 2021, 6:23 pm I just PLed "Maid".

Lines were all correct :lol: . There were two things that I would usually point out. There is a lot of 'crowd' noise in between lines, but the lines sound fine, and the volume is 91.7, but I understand that can be corrected in editing, if that is OK.

Because of everything, I will PLOK :thumbs: this. If I am in error, just let me know.

Wayne
:hmm: Crowd noise? I'll admit that I did turn this one out in a hurry. And I probably wasn't as careful as I usually am in turning off the A/C, waiting for loud trucks to go away, etc. But there certainly wasn't a crowd in my house when I was recording! :lol:

But if the lines themselves are noise free, then I'm satisfied.