[COMPLETE] Peg O' My Heart by J. Hartley Manners-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

I am very impressed with this. Perfect voice for narrator. I'll have to check out some of your other work!
Section 5 (Act 2 Narrator) PL Notes:
1:24 should be "distrustfully"; I heard "distressed fully"
10:04 missing "upper"
17:32 missing "center"
24:12 should be "shyly"; I heard "slyly"
29:12 "(Or)" missing
37:13 missing "Peg"
39:25 missing "left"
39:34 missing "Act plays fifty-three minutes"
39:34 stops speaking 39:37 end of recording. Should this be lengthened to 5 seconds?
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Dear mightyfelix, Do you want to add me as authorized to edit MW so I can change status?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

brownrottger wrote: July 11th, 2021, 8:50 am Dear mightyfelix, Do you want to add me as authorized to edit MW so I can change status?
No, sorry. There are a limited number of slots for that, and they are taken. I changed it for you. :thumbs: Thanks!
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Ok so just about to start editing on this one and just want to check a few things.

1. Would you like me to carry out the edits for the PL Notes on the current Act 1 Part 2.
2. I am going to edit Acts 2 and 3.
3. Someone is going to PL the narrator files so I will wait for those to be PL OK.
4. Can I just clarify how you would like the final files naming.

Thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Devorah,

I had a quick chance to check this, but won't have time to correct them until Tuesday.

The question I have is the 'error' noted: 39:34 missing "Act plays fifty-three minutes". Am I correct in thinking this doesn't have to be in the recordng?

Thanks,

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Kalamareader wrote: July 11th, 2021, 12:13 pm Devorah,

I had a quick chance to check this, but won't have time to correct them until Tuesday.

The question I have is the 'error' noted: 39:34 missing "Act plays fifty-three minutes". Am I correct in thinking this doesn't have to be in the recordng?

Thanks,

Wayne
You don't need to worry about the silences at the beginning or end as I will edit these when I put it together thanks.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

wib66 wrote: July 11th, 2021, 10:38 am Ok so just about to start editing on this one and just want to check a few things.

1. Would you like me to carry out the edits for the PL Notes on the current Act 1 Part 2.
3. Someone is going to PL the narrator files so I will wait for those to be PL OK.

Thanks
1. It's up to you. I won't require it because as I recall they were all optional suggestions. Wayne, if I'm wrong on that, please correct me!
2. Great, thanks for being willing to do both!
3. Sounds good.
4. Use the section numbers as the currently are in the MW. Unless you end up splitting act 2, in which case, Act 2 Pt 2 will be Section 4, and Act 3 will become Section 5.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Kalamareader wrote: July 11th, 2021, 12:13 pm Devorah,

Thanks,

Wayne
Yes, I wouldn't include that. That's important if you're planning to actually stage the play, but wouldn't matter in this kind of production. And doesn't apply anyway. :)
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

mightyfelix wrote: July 11th, 2021, 3:08 pm
wib66 wrote: July 11th, 2021, 10:38 am Ok so just about to start editing on this one and just want to check a few things.

Thanks
1. It's up to you. I won't require it because as I recall they were all optional suggestions. Wayne, if I'm wrong on that, please correct me!
2. Great, thanks for being willing to do both!
3. Sounds good.
4. Use the section numbers as the currently are in the MW. Unless you end up splitting act 2, in which case, Act 2 Pt 2 will be Section 4, and Act 3 will become Section 5.
Yes, Devorah, concerning Michele's question number 1, these were all suggestions to make the play flow a little better. Ambersweet16 seemed to want them, so I did them. Michele can listen to it if she wants and see if she wants to do any of the suggestions, or she can just leave it as is. I will not be hurt if it is left. :D

Wayne
Wayne
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Section 6 is PL ok
wib66

Post by wib66 »

I am editing Act 3 together and there is a missing line

Alaric - A little obedience

Just need that and the file can be completed.

It is a key line in the play and so would not make sense if it was not there. thanks
Michele
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

brownrottger wrote: July 11th, 2021, 8:49 am I am very impressed with this. Perfect voice for narrator. I'll have to check out some of your other work!
39:34 stops speaking 39:37 end of recording. Should this be lengthened to 5 seconds?
Christine (sp?),

First of all, thank you so much for the kind words. :9:

Thanks for your conscientious PLing. I can't believe I missed all of those. Here is the corrected file:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/pegomyheart_directions_2_128kb.mp3

with a few comments. At 1:24, I heard distrustfully so I left it. At 29:12 the deal is that there were two different versions of the song that Peg could sing, so Jenn choose the one she wanted to sing. At 39:34, as noted in an above post, that information isn't needed.

Thanks again,

Wayne
Wayne
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Kalamareader wrote: July 13th, 2021, 3:30 pm
brownrottger wrote: July 11th, 2021, 8:49 am I am very impressed with this. Perfect voice for narrator. I'll have to check out some of your other work!
Christine (sp?),

First of all, thank you so much for the kind words. :9:

Thanks for your conscientious PLing. I can't believe I missed all of those. Here is the corrected file:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/pegomyheart_directions_2_128kb.mp3

with a few comments. At 1:24, I heard distrustfully so I left it. At 29:12 the deal is that there were two different versions of the song that Peg could sing, so Jenn choose the one she wanted to sing. At 39:34, as noted in an above post, that information isn't needed.

Thanks again,

Wayne
It is Christine. Upon relistening I did hear distrustfully as well. Section 5 is PL OK!
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Is there any update on the missing line in Act 3. I will also be editing Act 2 this week.
Michele
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Did you contact the reader directly? He may not still be watching this thread.

If you did, and have received no response, I think we'll need to try to scout a voice that sounds reasonably similar to speak that one line. :?