1. Is there a deadline?The Chichester family have just gone bankrupt due to bank failure. Their situation looks gloomy until Mrs. Chichester learns of the death of her brother Nathaniel. While Nathanial hasn't left them any money, he put a stiplulation into his will that if the daughter of his other sister can receive a proper education and become a lady, the family who raised her will receive a considerable sum of money every year. This daughter is named Peg. (ambsweet13)
We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
2. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here
To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
3. New to recording?
Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/pegomyheart00mannrich/page/12/mode/2up
5. Please claim roles (the numbers in the first column below)! Please note: All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. When you submit your recording, you will be placing your recording in the public domain as well.
If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.
Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!
Genres for the project: Plays/Comedy/Satire
Keywords that describe the book: financial struggle, romance
[*]BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: viewtopic.php?p=6430#p6430
Set your recording software to:
Channels: 1 (Mono)
Bit Rate: 128 kbps
Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
Submit one file per act.
[*]Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
[Role], read by [your name].
Also, please be sure to leave ~5 seconds of silence in between your lines!
If you are reading stage directions, please include for each file:At the beginning: Act [#] of Peg O’ My Heart, by J. Hartley Manners. This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit Librivox dot org.
At the end: End of Act [#].
Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
Save files as 128 kbps MP3
pegomyheart_[role]_[#]_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the act number.
Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
- Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
- You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: mightyfelix
- When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
- If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
Please post below