COMPLETE[Play] The Widowing of Mrs Holroyd by DH Lawrence - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

wib66 wrote: April 13th, 2021, 9:48 pm Thanks can you give me some time stamps tor act 2 so I can check thanks. Really don’t know what to do it’s all very strange. Will try flac files as Todd suggests and see if they are any better
In case you still need them, here are the notes I had for Act 2 cutoffs:

- 15:24: "feeling"
- 15:40: "I was, yes"
- 16:20: "ugly to you"

There may have been more after that, but that's where I stopped.

I wasn't able to get to the newly uploaded Act 1 today, but I hope to by the end of tomorrow!
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Thank you I will have a look at it later
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Here is the edited Act 2 I have all my fingers crossed. :D

New time 27:26

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/widowingofmrsholroyd_02_lawrence_128kb.mp3
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

wib66 wrote: April 14th, 2021, 2:00 pm Hopefully this one should be right now. I am keeping everything crossed. :mrgreen:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/widowingofmrsholroyd_01_lawrence_128kb.mp3
Act 1 sounds great, whahoo! :D I have only two notes, and they're minor enough that you might decide they can be left as is:

- At 14:30, "Can't you stop, Mr. Blackmore," the "-re" is cut off.
- At 15:23, "the nuisance" is missing.

I checked the original files, and those lines are intact in both.

With luck I'll be able to listen to Act 2 tomorrow, but if not then, then definitely Saturday.
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
wib66

Post by wib66 »

I have edited and reuploaded Act 1 not only got fingers crossed but everything else as well. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Michele
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Act 2 sounds great! The only note I have is that at 25:07, "Yes, I did. I did care about him" is repeated.

And this is 100% optional, but at 1:55, the narrator's "(shouting)" seems noticeably louder than the surrounding dialogue. It could just be that I'm self-conscious about it because it's my voice, so feel free to leave it as is if it sounds fine to you. :)

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Act 1 is essentially PL OK - the "the nuisance" that was added back in is somewhat louder than the surrounding dialogue, but again, if it sounds fine to you, I can go ahead and mark Act 1 PL OK.

Sarah
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Scarbo wrote: April 16th, 2021, 5:04 pm Act 2 sounds great! The only note I have is that at 25:07, "Yes, I did. I did care about him" is repeated.

And this is 100% optional, but at 1:55, the narrator's "(shouting)" seems noticeably louder than the surrounding dialogue. It could just be that I'm self-conscious about it because it's my voice, so feel free to leave it as is if it sounds fine to you. :)
As I am going to carry out the other edit I will reduce the sound of the other part. No problem thank you for sticking through this with me and being so patient and understanding
Scarbo wrote: April 16th, 2021, 5:15 pm Act 1 is essentially PL OK - the "the nuisance" that was added back in is somewhat louder than the surrounding dialogue, but again, if it sounds fine to you, I can go ahead and mark Act 1 PL OK.
For this one I am going to leave it as it is. Thanks Just keeping fingers crossed now for act 3. :roll:
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

I have now uploaded the edited act 2 many thanks
Michele
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Act 2 is PL OK! I hope to be able to get to Act 3 by the end of tomorrow.

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

I'm sorry to be the messenger of news of cutoffs again, but I've started PLing Act 3 and I've encountered one at 3:23 ("and palm-trees"). I can keep going and make notes of any more I hear, or wait for a re-upload, whichever you think is best.

Sarah
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Scarbo wrote: April 18th, 2021, 12:30 pm I'm sorry to be the messenger of news of cutoffs again, but I've started PLing Act 3 and I've encountered one at 3:23 ("and palm-trees"). I can keep going and make notes of any more I hear, or wait for a re-upload, whichever you think is best.
No Problem I will go through it and find the cut offs no point you PL ing the file twice. Many thanks
Michele
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

The file name for the Introduction section should be
"https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/widowingofmrsholroyd_00_lawrence_128kb.mp3" instead of
"https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/widowingofmrsholroyd_introduction_lawrence_128kb.mp3"

The intro section is properly called section 0 in the MW, and with 00 the files will sort properly when cataloging.

Thanks, Todd
wib66

Post by wib66 »

ToddHW wrote: June 3rd, 2021, 7:26 am The file name for the Introduction section should be
"https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/widowingofmrsholroyd_00_lawrence_128kb.mp3" instead of
"https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/widowingofmrsholroyd_introduction_lawrence_128kb.mp3"

The intro section is properly called section 0 in the MW, and with 00 the files will sort properly when cataloging.

Thanks, Todd
Thanks Todd
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Act 3 is now edited and ready for a spot PL
I have edited the filename for the introduction

Thanks
Michele