COMPLETE[Play] The Widowing of Mrs Holroyd by DH Lawrence - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

alanmapstone wrote: September 24th, 2020, 2:18 am Holroyd act 2 revised

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/widowingofmrsholroyd_holroyd_2.mp3

My dialect is more English West Country (Gloucestershire) than East Midlands, but I will be surprised if many of our listeners can tell the difference :hmm:
Act 2 is PL OK! Thank you!

I think in my previous post I unintentionally put emphasis on dialects, which aren't really a concern, when I meant that I wanted to make sure the meaning was clear. Sorry for any confusion!
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Now that Holroyd is complete and as he is not in act 3 shall I read Rigley as no one else has claimed it? I can probably voice it a bit differently 😺
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
wib66

Post by wib66 »

alanmapstone wrote: September 24th, 2020, 10:41 pm Now that Holroyd is complete and as he is not in act 3 shall I read Rigley as no one else has claimed it? I can probably voice it a bit differently 😺
Yes that would be great thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
LaurenEmma3

Post by LaurenEmma3 »

Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

LaurenEmma3 wrote: October 11th, 2020, 1:07 pm Here is Laura ready for PL.

1 minute long.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/widowingofmrsholroyd_laura_[1]_128kb.mp3
Laura is PL OK! Thank you!

Just a note for when you record parts for other dramatic works, it's helpful to the editor putting all the parts together if you leave a pause of around 3-4 seconds between each line. There's no need to make any changes to this file though, it's fine as is!
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
LaurenEmma3

Post by LaurenEmma3 »

Thank-you very much, kindly noted :D
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

May I read Blackmore?
wib66

Post by wib66 »

MrsHand wrote: October 16th, 2020, 7:00 am May I read Blackmore?
THank you I will sign you up
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Blackmore Act 1 is PL OK! Thank you! It will be tomorrow before I can PL Acts 2 and 3, but I'll get to them as soon as I can.

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Acts 2 and 3 sound great! Just a few notes:

Act 2:
- At 0:53, there's a missing line: "He had a row with Jim Goodwin."
- At 1:44, "an' forgotten I came in with you," you say "an' forgetting."

Act 3:
- There's a missing line at 2:50, "Good-night" (it's easy to miss because he's listed after Mrs. Holroyd in the character heading).

Sarah
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Act 2 is PL OK! Thank you!

Just one minor thing for Act 3: in the text, "Good-night" appears before the line "Can't I go for you, Mrs. Holroyd?" (2:48), but you say it afterwards (2:53). If you could cut and paste it to go before that line, you'll be all set!
Last edited by Scarbo on October 25th, 2020, 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sarah
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Thanks everyone
Michele
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

Here's the updated file. I put the "good night" at 2:53 originally because the PL Note said it was missing at 2:50. No worries, though.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/widowingofmrsholroyd_blackmore_3_128kb.mp3