COMPLETE[Play] The Widowing of Mrs Holroyd by DH Lawrence - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Scarbo wrote: August 7th, 2020, 3:01 pm Narrator Act 1, take 2:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/widowingofmrsholroyd_narrator_1_128kb.mp3
21:40

Thank you!
Thank you
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

Hiiii
Can I claim the role of Minnie in acts 1 and 3?
Thanks
-SS
wib66

Post by wib66 »

shreyasethi wrote: August 8th, 2020, 3:35 am Hiiii
Can I claim the role of Minnie in acts 1 and 3?
Thanks
-SS
THank you I will sign you up
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Narrator act 1 is PL OK
Just a note for future acts. If you don't mind could you leave 3 to 4 seconds between each stage direction it just makes it easier for editing later. Thanks
Michele
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Sure thing. I'd be fine with editing longer pauses into Act 1 and re-uploading, but I'll leave that up to you as to whether I may.
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Scarbo wrote: August 8th, 2020, 12:25 pm Sure thing. I'd be fine with editing longer pauses into Act 1 and re-uploading, but I'll leave that up to you as to whether I may.
Honestly its not a problem Act 1 is ok as it is many thanks
Michele
Toria23

Post by Toria23 »

wib66 wrote: July 22nd, 2020, 7:45 am
Toria23 wrote: July 22nd, 2020, 6:31 am Hello, this is my first time to ask for a reading, but very keen to claim the role of Clara if it is still open. I believe I will do it justice!
Thanks,
Toria23
Hi and welcome to Librivox. Please don't record your section till you have the ok on your 1-minute test. I do not see your test in the listeners and editors wanted section. It should be uploaded to there so that someone can check it for you and give you the ok. Here is the link to it

viewforum.php?f=21
Hi There,
I have recorded my 1 min test and it’s in the test folders ready for review. Please let me know if I can go ahead and start my recording!
Thanks,
Toria23
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Hi There,
I have recorded my 1 min test and it’s in the test folders ready for review. Please let me know if I can go ahead and start my recording!
Thanks,
Toria23
Hi I know it is hard when you are keen to get recording but it is always best to wait till someone gives you the OK on your 1 minute test. If there are any adjustments needed it is better to work them out with a short recording. If you record a longer file and then find there are problems with the technical aspects it can be a pain to have to re do. Hope that makes sense. Thanks
Michele
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Here's Act 3: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/widowingofmrsholroyd_narrator_3_128kb.mp3
17:05

Thank you!

Act 2 is on the way.

Sarah
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Scarbo wrote: August 16th, 2020, 5:51 pm Here's Act 3: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/widowingofmrsholroyd_narrator_3_128kb.mp3
17:05

Thank you!

Act 2 is on the way.
Great thanks
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Narrator act 3 is PL OK thanks
Michele
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Here's Narrator, Act 2:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/widowingofmrsholroyd_narrator_2_128kb.mp3
16:41

Thank you!

At this point, I will forever be able to recognize by sight the sound wave pattern for "Mrs." :)

Sarah
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Scarbo wrote: August 20th, 2020, 6:52 pm Here's Narrator, Act 2:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/widowingofmrsholroyd_narrator_2_128kb.mp3
16:41

Thank you!

At this point, I will forever be able to recognize by sight the sound wave pattern for "Mrs." :)
Thank you for your section I bet you are also sick of saying Mrs Holroyd as well :D
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Narrator Act 2 is PL OK thanks
Michele