COMPLETE Dram Read-Frank Merriwell's Trust by Burt L Standish-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Billy Madison All files are PL OK thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Just updating files and contacting any outstanding readers.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Thank you for your sections
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

wib66 wrote: January 10th, 2021, 2:47 am
Thank you for your sections
These two sections are PL OK thanks
Michele
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I can record the Bartender in Chapter 2. Does one record Mike, too? I can change my voice a bit for him.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

KevinS wrote: May 2nd, 2021, 12:18 pm I can record the Bartender in Chapter 2. Does one record Mike, too? I can change my voice a bit for him.
That would be great thanks
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Thank you if you would like to take any other parts in other chapters please feel free.
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Bartender chapter 2 and Mike chapter 2 are PL OK thanks
Michele
pawstrickery

Post by pawstrickery »

May I do the part of Roy Swift? Sections 52, 53, 54, 55, and 56.

Although you requested to not listen to other parts, I BRIEFLY listened to a few to get the gist of the process.

If you'd rather have an English accent, I'll understand.

Patrick
wib66

Post by wib66 »

pawstrickery wrote: May 30th, 2021, 4:18 pm May I do the part of Roy Swift? Sections 52, 53, 54, 55, and 56.

Although you requested to not listen to other parts, I BRIEFLY listened to a few to get the gist of the process.

If you'd rather have an English accent, I'll understand.

Patrick
Hi thank you for claiming. Everyone is welcome here regardless of accent so please don't worry about that. Just a couple of tips for recording.

Also if you could let me know how you would like your name to appear in the catalogue. It can be your real name, forum name or any other pseudonym you choose.

please save files as follows

frankmerriwellstrust_royswift_22_128kb
frankmerriwellstrust_royswift_23_128kb
frankmerriwellstrust_royswift_24_128kb
frankmerriwellstrust_royswift_25_128kb
frankmerriwellstrust_royswift_26_128kb

Where the number is the chapter number not the section number

For characters:
I have a short summary for the important special rules in drama; here goes:

1) you don't have to read an intro or outro disclaimer, this will be done by the narrator. Instead, record your voice credit at the beginning of the file using the words in the MW, which should be something like: "Matilda O'Fipp, the Colonel's Daughter, read by XXXX" (whatever you use for your reader name)

2) then browse through the text and record all the lines you have to speak. Also include any "All" lines while your character is on stage. For a big role it may be good to read the entire play to get into character, but at least it would be good to read a bit around your lines, see what the others are saying, so you can better "react" to them. Just be as expressive (according to the character) as you can in your role.

3) if there are pointers in the text qualifying your voice, like [laughs] or [whines], an added bonus would be that you act those out in your reading, if possible, to make it all more interesting.

4) You prepare and upload a separate file for each Act that your character is in. (Note - the section numbers change as I move stuff around on the MW, so remember character name, not section numbers.) Your file will be proof-listened, and you may receive some notes on corrections and their time locations in your file. These will be posted in the forum and show in the Magic Window marked as "See PL Notes" - please cut corrections into your file to update it and upload a new file (SAME NAME) in a reasonable time - like before your voice and equipment setup change and everything sounds different!

5) and most importantly: please leave enough space between each of your speeches, preferably 4-5 seconds or more. Even when you have the stage directions in the middle of your speech (for example: [kisses her hand]), also leave 4-5 seconds of pause there, because our editor (me) later on has to copy all your parts and paste them into his (my) master file and it's helpful if he (me) has enough space to fiddle with

Hope that all makes sense please ask if you have any other questions
Michele
pawstrickery

Post by pawstrickery »

Michele,

Very new, so to clarify:

1) I begin each section with "Roy Swift, read by Patrick Sawyer"
2) I noticed the Narrator's "Link to Text" files have color-highlighted parts. I suppose it would be wise to highlight my lines as I read so I can more readily follow them while recording. May I copy and use these files for recording? You've already done all the work!
3) Leave several seconds of breathing room for narration, other parts, etc. Question: Between my opening and next lines (Ch. 22), narration will take longer than 4 to 5 seconds. Do you want me to compensate more for such spans between my lines or stick with 4 to 5 seconds?
4) Save each file as, frankmerriwellstrust_royswift_22_128kb, and so on.
5) Upload to MC "maryannspiegel"
6) Files will appear in the MW with "pawstrickery" under the Reader column.

Any other tips?

Thank you,
Patrick
wib66

Post by wib66 »

pawstrickery wrote: May 31st, 2021, 1:34 pm Michele,
Hi Patrick happy to help
Very new, so to clarify:

1) I begin each section with "Roy Swift, read by Patrick Sawyer" This only needs to be said in the first file thanks
2) I noticed the Narrator's "Link to Text" files have color-highlighted parts. I suppose it would be wise to highlight my lines as I read so I can more readily follow them while recording. May I copy and use these files for recording? You've already done all the work! These are there for you to use to read from any problems let me know
3) Leave several seconds of breathing room for narration, other parts, etc. Question: Between my opening and next lines (Ch. 22), narration will take longer than 4 to 5 seconds. Do you want me to compensate more for such spans between my lines or stick with 4 to 5 seconds? No you only need to place 4 to 5 seconds of silence as when I edit it together later I will sort all that out. It just helps to have a gap to see where the break is. Also when you have a line that is separated with a stage direction in the middle of it please also leave 4 to 5 seconds.
4) Save each file as, frankmerriwellstrust_royswift_22_128kb, and so on.Yes just change the number for the chapter that you are doing
5) Upload to MC "maryannspiegel"Yes please
6) Files will appear in the MW with "pawstrickery" under the Reader column.Once you have uploaded the file you will need to copy and paste it in the thread then I know it is there and can move it into the Magic Window ready for me to Proof Listen. However if you are asked to carry out any edits and you reupload using the same filename this will over ride the previous file and this is ok.

If you need any more help please don't hesitate to ask. We have all been newbies and we love to help others so don't be afraid.
Any other tips?

Thank you,
Patrick
Michele
pawstrickery

Post by pawstrickery »