COMPLETE Dram Read-Frank Merriwell's Trust by Burt L Standish-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SamIAm312

Post by SamIAm312 »

Okay, here are the notes from Narrator chapters 2,3, and 4.

Chapter 2:
9:23, repeats "as the deadly..."
0:00, background noise before reading begins

Chapter 4:
1:01, background noise

Chapter 3 was all good. Also, I noticed that chapters 2 and 4 were missing "Narrator read by..." I wasn't sure if it only needed to be mentioned once, or was necessary in every chapter, but I just wanted to point that out. Sounds great
wib66

Post by wib66 »

SamIAm312 wrote: August 11th, 2020, 9:23 pm Okay, here are the notes from Narrator chapters 2,3, and 4.

Chapter 2:
9:23, repeats "as the deadly..."
0:00, background noise before reading begins

Chapter 4:
1:01, background noise

Chapter 3 was all good. Also, I noticed that chapters 2 and 4 were missing "Narrator read by..." I wasn't sure if it only needed to be mentioned once, or was necessary in every chapter, but I just wanted to point that out. Sounds great
Thank you for that I will edit and re upload if you are able to spot PL them afterwards that would be great. Narrator read by only needs to be in one file thanks.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Narrator chapters 2 and 4 are ready for a spot PL thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
SamIAm312

Post by SamIAm312 »

Narrator chapters 2 and 4 sound good! Also could I PL Narrator chapters 5-15?
wib66

Post by wib66 »

SamIAm312 wrote: August 14th, 2020, 6:40 pm Narrator chapters 2 and 4 sound good! Also could I PL Narrator chapters 5-15?
That would be great thank you
Michele
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

Walter, Chapter 18, duration 12:19

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/frankmerriwellstrust_walter_18_128kb.mp3

Also, I think I found a couple of errors in how this chapter was colored. In Walter's speech “The life of any American, or any man not a Chinaman and a member of a strange secret order, is in constant peril if that stick remains in his possession,” asserted the stranger seriously., the last words are colored blue for Walter, but they should be uncolored for the narrator. I did not record those ending words.

Then later, there are two paragraphs that follow “They must be members of the society.” The first one is colored red for Frank and the second is blue for Walter, but it makes more sense if they are the other way around. Also, it seems there must be some text missing there before the first paragraph, probably belonging to Frank. I recorded it the way that it was colored, but I will record it again if it does turn out to be an error.

Mike
wib66

Post by wib66 »

MManolakes wrote: August 15th, 2020, 10:32 am Walter, Chapter 18, duration 12:19

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/frankmerriwellstrust_walter_18_128kb.mp3

Also, I think I found a couple of errors in how this chapter was colored. In Walter's speech “The life of any American, or any man not a Chinaman and a member of a strange secret order, is in constant peril if that stick remains in his possession,” asserted the stranger seriously., the last words are colored blue for Walter, but they should be uncolored for the narrator. I did not record those ending words.

Then later, there are two paragraphs that follow “They must be members of the society.” The first one is colored red for Frank and the second is blue for Walter, but it makes more sense if they are the other way around. Also, it seems there must be some text missing there before the first paragraph, probably belonging to Frank. I recorded it the way that it was colored, but I will record it again if it does turn out to be an error.

Mike
I have changed the colouring in the first one for the narrator.
In the two paragraphs I have swapped the colours around as you say it makes more sense. I have added in Starbright to say They must be members of the society. I have checked against the gutenberg text and it is just the same so if something is missing I am not sure what it might be.

Thank you for spotting those errors if you could record the other paragraph instead that would be great.
Michele
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

SamIAm312

Post by SamIAm312 »

Alright, everything sounds good except for a couple mistakes.

Chapter 9, 3:32, long pause after "the bullet cut the fuse"
Chapter 12, 1:15, repeats "and it was not wrong to defy"
wib66

Post by wib66 »

MManolakes wrote: August 15th, 2020, 1:50 pm Walter, Chapter 18 (corrected), duration 12:17

Mike
Thank you
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

SamIAm312 wrote: August 15th, 2020, 6:09 pm Alright, everything sounds good except for a couple mistakes.

Chapter 9, 3:32, long pause after "the bullet cut the fuse"
Chapter 12, 1:15, repeats "and it was not wrong to defy"
THank you
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Narrator chapters 9 and 12 are ready for a spot PL thanks
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Walter chapter 18 is PL OK thanks
Michele
julianpratley

Post by julianpratley »

“It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”
― Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent
SamIAm312

Post by SamIAm312 »

9 and 12 sound good. Also, i listened through chapter 15, so 13, 14, 15 are PL OK. Could I PL narrator chapters 16-19?