COMPLETE[PLAY]The Wonder by Centlivre - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Kitty wrote: July 15th, 2020, 2:06 am
Kalamareader wrote: July 14th, 2020, 2:16 pm Well, here is Act 1. We'll see how it went. :D
can you post the link please ?

Thank you

Sonia
I have absolutely NO idea what happened on this end. I uploaded it, and while doing that, I set up my post here, and somehow I forgot to put the link here. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Well, I uploaded it again and here it is: (I hope :roll: ): https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wondersecret_directions_16_128kb.mp3

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you. However, you need to name the files as described in the first post, using the act number, not the section number. You WOULD use section number for books, but here in the dramatic stuff you can't use section numbers cuz we move things around in the MW all the time as we head towards creation of the master file for each act.

Thanks, Todd
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

:oops: :oops: :oops:

I was once told: "Read ALL the instructions, even if you know what they are going to say".

That is what burned me. I will get this whole new process down soon. :roll:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wondersecret_directions_1_128kb.mp3

Time 16:50

Wayne
Wayne
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Ah, we're just waiting 'til you get comfortable here and then we'll change things!

Thank you for being persistent.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Wayne, this was already a big act to start out with :shock: and it will even be longer because you did miss a few parts still. As a rule of thumb it's best to read a bit more and it's easily cut out if not needed. But seeing as our audience only hears and doesn't see the speakers, sometimes trivial stage directions are needed to convey something specific.

Could you add these please. Best start at the last note, that way the time stamps won't change for you ;)

> at about 2:02: (p. 5) "crosses right" and "crosses to right" – maybe nice to include to show how agitated he is walking about. I included them everywhere in the following notes to show movement.
@ Todd: if you already know you don't want them, please say so, but I think they may be interesting to include

> at 2:20: (p. 6) "bowing, crosses to right" – you say "Lissardo bows". Please don't edit the text, but read as written

> at 2:43: (p. 7) "enter Gibby, in a Highland dress" – underlined part missing

> at about 2:46: (p. 7) "crosses center"

> at about 3:01: (p. 7) "Vasquez goes left"

> at about 3:10: (p. 7) "crosses right" and "crosses left"

> at 3:47: (p. 9) "Inis, aside" – if the stage directions are at the beginning of a speech, you need to include the name of the speaker as well. In the middle or at the end of the speech, you left the out correctly

> at about 3:58: (p. 9) "crosses left"

> at about 4:20: (p. 9) crosses center"

> at 5:09: (p. 10) missed part "large window, center, doors right and left"

> at about 5:46: (p. 11) "crosses left"

> at 6:00: (p. 11) "goes to door and beckons to Lissardo who enters" – you can cut out "Flora" since it's at the end of her speech

> at about 8:03: (p. 13) "crosses left"

> at about 8:23: (p. 13) "up and across left" and "down" and "crosses right"

> at 8:25: (p. 14) "hugs her and turns her" – missed underlined part

> at 9:08: (p. 14) "Flora within" – you say "offstage", please only say what is written, it makes it easier as well to compare and PL ;)

> at about 10:00: (p. 15) "gets left of chair"

> at about 10:15: (p. 16) "all down" and "crosses right"

> at about 10:23: (p. 17) "crosses center"

> at about 10:28: (p. 17) "rises"

> at about 10:55: (p. 17) "goes right center"

> at about 11:02: (p. 18) "crosses left"

> at about 11:24: (p. 18) "crosses up left"

> at about 11:47: (p. 19) "Isabella crosses right"

> at 12:22: (p. 19) "Felix in a rapture" – I think this would best be put before the exclamation. With some luck it will be spoken with enough rapture so it can get left out, but to be on the safe side, best include the name

> at about 12:55: (p. 20) "crosses to right" and "re-enter Flora"

> at 13:19: (p. 20) "Flora, aside" – we need to put the name of the reader here otherwise it sounds like it's the colonel speaking, because he was mentioned in the previous sentence

> at about 14:00: (p. 21) "down stage"

> at 14:13: (p. 21) "with tenderness and reprovingly" – best include all these voice descriptions, as they may need to be used if the readers don't convey it with their voice

> at about 15:43: (p. 22) "down right"

> at about 16:25: (p. 23) "re-enter Flora, door left" and "crosses center" and "crosses center"

> at about 16:41: (p. 23) "curtain"

thanks

Sonia
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Sonia,

I guess I misunderstood Todd's instructions:
ToddHW wrote: July 11th, 2020, 3:36 pm If you think any of the directional info will be important to a listener (rather than a viewer), then feel free to include them.

Thanks, Todd
I will do it again with everything. I'm sorry to make you go through all this again. :(

Wayne
Wayne
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kalamareader wrote: July 16th, 2020, 10:20 amI guess I misunderstood Todd's instructions:
ToddHW wrote: July 11th, 2020, 3:36 pm If you think any of the directional info will be important to a listener (rather than a viewer), then feel free to include them.
Well at the time you were specifically discussing including or not the "LCHE" or whatever abbreviations and that's what he meant. If you figure them out and think it's important whether people exit left or right, then include it. (usually it isn't I'd say) But he didn't mean leaving out most of the instructions that are written there, ONLY the abbreviations next to the instructions. And for most of the time you left them out and I didn't mention those.

Sonia
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Kitty wrote: July 16th, 2020, 11:26 pm
Kalamareader wrote: July 16th, 2020, 10:20 amI guess I misunderstood Todd's instructions:
Well at the time you were specifically discussing including or not the "LCHE" or whatever abbreviations and that's what he meant. If you figure them out and think it's important whether people exit left or right, then include it. (usually it isn't I'd say) But he didn't mean leaving out most of the instructions that are written there, ONLY the abbreviations next to the instructions. And for most of the time you left them out and I didn't mention those.

Sonia
Well, here is v.2 :) . I just went ahead and did the entire thing over again, trying to follow the suggestions you have on a couple of them, and doing it correctly (I hope), it turned out even longer. :roll: Just let me know if there is anything I need to correct. I will wait till then to do Act II.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wondersecret_directions_1_128kb.mp3

Time 19:54

Wayne
Wayne
peterbrashvoice

Post by peterbrashvoice »

Hi,

May I claim Don Pedro.

Thank you
Peter Brash
peterbrashvoice
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you both.

Todd
skypigeon

Post by skypigeon »

No claim on Col. Briton yet? May I read him, please?
Last edited by skypigeon on July 18th, 2020, 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

CAn I jump in here for Felix?
Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kalamareader wrote: July 17th, 2020, 2:25 pmWell, here is v.2 :) . I just went ahead and did the entire thing over again, trying to follow the suggestions you have on a couple of them, and doing it correctly (I hope), it turned out even longer. :roll:
:? ok here there was a lot to correct, so I can understand your impulse to record it from scratch. But usually we encourage editing instead of redoing it all. Especially for such long sections. Simple reason is that it is a lot more work for the reader and also for the prooflistener, since instead of Spot PL I need to relisten to it all as well.

So, that said, I did relisten to it all and on the whole you included most of the correct narrator's lines. :thumbs: So well done, and so sorry for the extra work you had to do.

I still found a few notes to correct, but please, do not re-record it all again. It's not that much to amend and it will really save time to just spot edit:

> at 4:35: (p. 8) "Don Lopez, aside" – it's the first sentence that is the aside, so the name needs to be included

> at 11:30: (p. 15) "gets left of chair" – you say "out of chair"

> at about 11:35: (p. 16) missed line: "Re-enter Violante, right"

> at 15:56: (p. 20): "Flora, aside" – we must include the name here as the colonel is mentioned right before.

> at about 19:50: missed ending: "End of Act 1"

> and finally, could you also do one round of noise-cleaning, the background noise is a bit noticeable

thank you

Sonia