COMPLETE[PLAY]Andromache by Racine - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

shreyasethi wrote: August 8th, 2020, 9:13 amOkay I get and apologise for how frustrating it must have been to work with me
oh please don't worry, it takes a lot more to frustrate me ;) you have been very diligent in quick edits. :thumbs: and I appreciate. It was a complex and big role, so such few mistakes are not that bad. And now I also hear "worth" YAY. Both perfectly edited and now all Hermione is PL ok.

Thank you so much, now you can lie back and wait for the finished play to listen to your performance.

And I'll see you in the next Racine maybe ?

Have a nice weekend

Sonia
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

Of course I would love to be a part of all future Racines. THANK YOU FOR BEING THE MOST AMAZING PROOF LISTENER EVER!!!!!!!!! I will be looking out for projects to work out with you :D :D :D :D Have a great weekend!
oh please don't worry, it takes a lot more to frustrate me ;) you have been very diligent in quick edits. :thumbs: and I appreciate. It was a complex and big role, so such few mistakes are not that bad. And now I also hear "worth" YAY. Both perfectly edited and now all Hermione is PL ok.

Thank you so much, now you can lie back and wait for the finished play to listen to your performance.

And I'll see you in the next Racine maybe ?

Have a nice weekend

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

shreyasethi wrote: August 8th, 2020, 9:39 amI will be looking out for projects to work out with you :D :D :D :D
well I see I can listen to you as Mustacha soon in Tom Thumb ;)

see you then

Sonia
richardjaspering

Post by richardjaspering »

Okay! So.. the following bugs in the first full take of Orestes' lines have been fixed:

It reads "Orestes, Son of Agamenon, as read by Richard Jaspering" instead of "Orestes, read by Richard Jaspering"
The word "resigned" has been replaced by the word "regained" in a spot edit.
I amplified the entire work 10db
The words "end of act 1" have been omitted.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/andromache_orestes_01_128kbps.mp3

Thank you!!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Richard :)
richardjaspering wrote: August 9th, 2020, 8:56 pmIt reads "Orestes, Son of Agamenon, as read by Richard Jaspering" instead of "Orestes, read by Richard Jaspering"
actually "read by" instead of "as read by" would have been better (that's what I said in my previous post). But you have the important bit in "son of Agamemmnon", so it's fine. Todd may cut out the added "as" probably.

The other bits are correctly excellently, so your first section is now PL ok. :thumbs:

btw it's best to keep the exact same filename with each upload. The old file will then replace the new one in the MW. ;)

Thank you, and looking forward to the next acts. We are only waiting for our Orestes, then this play can get wrapped up !

Todd: Act 1 is ready to be assembled :9:

Sonia
richardjaspering

Okey doke, here are Orestes' lines from Act II. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/andromache_orestes_2_128kbps.mp3
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

richardjaspering wrote: August 10th, 2020, 5:57 amOkey doke, here are Orestes' lines from Act II. :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/andromache_orestes_2_128kbps.mp3
ah I love it when people say "ye gods" or "great gods" in classical drama :9: it's such a cool expression to use and be emotional about :lol: well done, Richard, I love the insistence here with which you plead your cause to Hermione. (Spoiler: it will not end well....)

I'll mark it PL ok, but need to ask a big favour for your future files: please leave much more space between your quotes. Here you barely have 1 second, for our long-suffering editor, this is making his task unnecessarily difficult, if he doesn't have enough silent space to fiddle with to copy/paste all the parts into the masterfile. I would suggest minimum 2 seconds, 3 or 4 would even be better.

No need to change this time, let's not fiddle with it anymore. But for the next file then, please. :)

Act 2 is ready to edit :9: :9:

Thank you

Sonia
richardjaspering

Oh I have no doubts this is not going to go great for Orestes! lol Yeah, I feel the set-up around me and uh.. yeah. It doesn't bode well.
Sorry about the lack of space between the darn clips! I'll do better next go-round. Go-rounds. Goes... round. xD
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Starting to edit.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Acts 1 and 2 are ready for final PL. Great acting herein!

Enjoy these before the blood flows later in the play....

Thanks, Todd
richardjaspering

Thank you! Yeah, I'm ramping up for the bloodletting. lmao Here's act III.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/andromache_orestes_3_128kbps.mp3
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: August 11th, 2020, 11:51 amActs 1 and 2 are ready for final PL. Great acting herein!
wow wow wow, yes all actors are worthy of the classic dramatic verses by Racine. :clap: Wonderful job, all of us !!! And great editing, Todd.

Both are definitely PL ok. In Act 1 in the voice credit, you did not cut out the "as" in "as read by" at 1:40. But it's optional and probably too picky. I leave it up to you if you want to go back and reupload.

Thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

richardjaspering wrote: August 11th, 2020, 6:27 pmThank you! Yeah, I'm ramping up for the bloodletting. lmao Here's act III.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/andromache_orestes_3_128kbps.mp3
:shock: wohoo indeed, unleashing our angry emotions here much, aren't we ? :lol: This guy is about to pop an aneurysm. Well, spurned feelings, I can somehow understand him. And he will be eternally scorned by unsympathetic Hermione, no matter what he does.

Absolutely PL ok. Great acting out :thumbs: Thank you, Richard.

Todd: Act 3 ready to edit :)

Sonia
richardjaspering

Aneurysm is right! Jeez-oh. lmao Please let me know if there's anything audio-wise I can fix on my end, I tried my best to fix any and all clipping. It was a little more difficult finding an aural happy medium than I'd imagined, given I was screaming my death throes! Thank you very much. :) Here's my final lines:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/andromache_orestes_5_128kbps.mp3