FULL [Play] The Young Idea by Noel Coward - dlo

Plays and other dramatic works
Post Reply
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 4531
Joined: January 11th, 2011, 12:13 pm

Post by dlolso21 » July 4th, 2020, 2:12 am

reyeball wrote:
June 27th, 2020, 10:39 am
Hi there,
do you still need a DPL?
We have one at the moment, but thank you.

David O

dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 4531
Joined: January 11th, 2011, 12:13 pm

Post by dlolso21 » July 4th, 2020, 2:14 am

skypigeon wrote:
June 27th, 2020, 2:20 pm
Sorry for the delay, here are my parts:

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/youngidea_claudeccles_1_128kb.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/youngidea_claudeccles_2_128kb.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/youngidea_hiramwilkins_3_128kb.mp3

Direction welcome, ESPECIALLY with Hiram Wilkins. For someone from Chicago, he speaks in British English a TON :shock: I thought about giving him a gangster accent but played him straight down the middle instead. If you'd rather I try the gangster accent I'd be happy to--just don't think it's what Coward had in mind. But what DID Coward have in mind? Honestly, I'm not sure here...
Thank you, MW has been updated.

dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 4531
Joined: January 11th, 2011, 12:13 pm

Post by dlolso21 » July 4th, 2020, 2:16 am

ToddHW wrote:
July 2nd, 2020, 11:30 am
I could read the stage directions for you.

Thanks, Todd
Todd,

Thank You for volunteering. MW has been updated.

David O


dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 4531
Joined: January 11th, 2011, 12:13 pm

Post by dlolso21 » July 4th, 2020, 3:25 pm


reecedawg
Posts: 400
Joined: September 20th, 2010, 7:09 am
Location: Cordova, IL

Post by reecedawg » July 4th, 2020, 7:46 pm

"After the dazzle of day is gone,
Only the dark, dark night shows to my eyes the stars;
After the clangor of organ majestic, or chorus, or perfect band,
Silent, athwart my soul, moves the symphony true."
Walt Whitman

Ambsweet13
Posts: 266
Joined: May 18th, 2020, 12:55 pm
Location: Massachusetts, USA

Post by Ambsweet13 » July 5th, 2020, 9:16 am

reecedawg wrote:
July 4th, 2020, 7:46 pm
Thank you. Adding this to MW!
A.M.B. :roll:
Plays The Young Idea Peg O' My Heart
Solo Project Cape Cod

skypigeon
Posts: 48
Joined: February 1st, 2020, 8:26 am

Post by skypigeon » July 6th, 2020, 10:56 am

dlolso21 wrote:
July 4th, 2020, 2:14 am
skypigeon wrote:
June 27th, 2020, 2:20 pm
Sorry for the delay, here are my parts:

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/youngidea_claudeccles_1_128kb.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/youngidea_claudeccles_2_128kb.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/youngidea_hiramwilkins_3_128kb.mp3

Direction welcome, ESPECIALLY with Hiram Wilkins. For someone from Chicago, he speaks in British English a TON :shock: I thought about giving him a gangster accent but played him straight down the middle instead. If you'd rather I try the gangster accent I'd be happy to--just don't think it's what Coward had in mind. But what DID Coward have in mind? Honestly, I'm not sure here...
Thank you, MW has been updated.
Thank you--preemptive strike, I listened to Hiram again yesterday and realized my intro calls him "Hiram Walkins"--I will fix this soon, all apologies :shock:

Ambsweet13
Posts: 266
Joined: May 18th, 2020, 12:55 pm
Location: Massachusetts, USA

Post by Ambsweet13 » July 7th, 2020, 4:44 pm

Verity91 wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 7:31 am
Ambsweet13 wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 4:27 pm
Verity91 wrote:
June 15th, 2020, 11:52 am
Could I read as Gerda please?
Yes, thank you for claiming! :D
Really sorry, but it's not letting me access the text so you may have to replace me :(
Sorry for taking so long to respond to this. Seems like it was missed.

Are you in the United States? If so, I will try to find another way to get you the text. If not, the reason for not being able to access the text is probably because it is not in public domain in your country.
A.M.B. :roll:
Plays The Young Idea Peg O' My Heart
Solo Project Cape Cod

JtotheP716
Posts: 90
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 12:53 am
Location: United States
Contact:

Post by JtotheP716 » July 7th, 2020, 4:45 pm

I'd like to take Jennifer

Ambsweet13
Posts: 266
Joined: May 18th, 2020, 12:55 pm
Location: Massachusetts, USA

Post by Ambsweet13 » July 7th, 2020, 4:55 pm

skypigeon wrote:
July 6th, 2020, 10:56 am
dlolso21 wrote:
July 4th, 2020, 2:14 am
skypigeon wrote:
June 27th, 2020, 2:20 pm
Sorry for the delay, here are my parts:

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/youngidea_claudeccles_1_128kb.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/youngidea_claudeccles_2_128kb.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/youngidea_hiramwilkins_3_128kb.mp3

Direction welcome, ESPECIALLY with Hiram Wilkins. For someone from Chicago, he speaks in British English a TON :shock: I thought about giving him a gangster accent but played him straight down the middle instead. If you'd rather I try the gangster accent I'd be happy to--just don't think it's what Coward had in mind. But what DID Coward have in mind? Honestly, I'm not sure here...
Thank you, MW has been updated.
Thank you--preemptive strike, I listened to Hiram again yesterday and realized my intro calls him "Hiram Walkins"--I will fix this soon, all apologies :shock:
No, problem at all!!! His correct name is Hirum J. Walkin, though, so that's what should be in the intro!
A.M.B. :roll:
Plays The Young Idea Peg O' My Heart
Solo Project Cape Cod

JtotheP716
Posts: 90
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 12:53 am
Location: United States
Contact:

Post by JtotheP716 » July 13th, 2020, 3:16 pm

JtotheP716 wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 4:45 pm
I'd like to take Jennifer
I could also take one of the party goers if you like.

Ambsweet13
Posts: 266
Joined: May 18th, 2020, 12:55 pm
Location: Massachusetts, USA

Post by Ambsweet13 » July 13th, 2020, 3:58 pm

JtotheP716 wrote:
July 13th, 2020, 3:16 pm
JtotheP716 wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 4:45 pm
I'd like to take Jennifer
I could also take one of the party goers if you like.
Sure, I'll put you in for Jennifer! Sorry must have missed this! :shock:

Given that Jennifer is only in Act 3, you can also take one of the party goers if you would like. Which one?
A.M.B. :roll:
Plays The Young Idea Peg O' My Heart
Solo Project Cape Cod

skypigeon
Posts: 48
Joined: February 1st, 2020, 8:26 am

Post by skypigeon » July 13th, 2020, 6:10 pm

Hirum J. Walkin, Take Two:
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/youngidea_hiramwilkins_3_128kb.mp3

Had some trouble with level control at the end; think I've fixed it but let me know if you need a redo. Thanks!

Ambsweet13
Posts: 266
Joined: May 18th, 2020, 12:55 pm
Location: Massachusetts, USA

Post by Ambsweet13 » July 13th, 2020, 7:00 pm

skypigeon wrote:
July 13th, 2020, 6:10 pm
Hirum J. Walkin, Take Two:
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/youngidea_hiramwilkins_3_128kb.mp3

Had some trouble with level control at the end; think I've fixed it but let me know if you need a redo. Thanks!
Thank you! I'll put this in as ready for PL. Once quick note, the file name still says "hiramwilkins" so this will need to be fixed. Might as well wait to see if our DPL finds anything before reuploading though.
A.M.B. :roll:
Plays The Young Idea Peg O' My Heart
Solo Project Cape Cod

Post Reply