FULL [Play] The Young Idea by Noel Coward - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
superk

Post by superk »

Alrighty, let’s get this baby finished! I just PL’d Act 3 and Priscilla Act 2. Priscilla Act 2 is PL OK, but there were some small things for Act 3.

- 18:30 When Jennifer is supposed to say that something is/isn’t a “wise step” she instead says if it’s “wise to step.” It’s up to you guys whether or not you think it’s a big deal. I just wanted to point it out.
- 42:00 George has a word in his line: “prevaricating.” He instead says “pre-va-cay-ting.” He misses the R-sound. It’s such a minor difference that I think people listening to it might just straight up miss it, so this is also up to you.

Great job by everyone! I love hearing the fully edited Acts so I can’t wait for this to be finished!
Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

superk wrote: April 11th, 2021, 5:17 pm Alrighty, let’s get this baby finished! I just PL’d Act 3 and Priscilla Act 2. Priscilla Act 2 is PL OK, but there were some small things for Act 3.

- 18:30 When Jennifer is supposed to say that something is/isn’t a “wise step” she instead says if it’s “wise to step.” It’s up to you guys whether or not you think it’s a big deal. I just wanted to point it out.
- 42:00 George has a word in his line: “prevaricating.” He instead says “pre-va-cay-ting.” He misses the R-sound. It’s such a minor difference that I think people listening to it might just straight up miss it, so this is also up to you.

Great job by everyone! I love hearing the fully edited Acts so I can’t wait for this to be finished!
Thank you! I think both of these are probably close enough, without the script they probably won’t be noticed.
A.M.B. :roll:

Between illnesses, work, and vacation, May wasn't my best Librivox month. But I'm back and ready to do some more recording, editing, and PLing!
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Act 1 is uploaded
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/youngidea_01_coward_128kb.mp3 44.04

There is one missing line and I have sent a PM to the reader.

Cicely. Tell Him that I have decided not to go, at all.

David O
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

There are 2 lines missing for Act 2.

Sibyl: Is Roddy coming here first, before the ball, Cicely ?

Priscilla: All Alone! What is it ?

PM's sent to readers.

David O
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

It looks like Superk hasn't logged in for quite a while, would someone in this group be interested in PLing Act 1 and eventually Act 2?

If not, I will advertise in Listeners Wanted.

David O
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Advertisement for the Proof Listening of 2 Acts publicized in Listeners Wanted.

David O
YANGXU

Post by YANGXU »

Hi,

Can I claim PL for sections 1 and 2, if they are still available? Thanks.

Yang
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

YANGXU wrote: July 28th, 2021, 12:57 pm Hi,

Can I claim PL for sections 1 and 2, if they are still available? Thanks.

Yang
Yang,

Yes you can.

Thank you for volunteering!!

David O
YANGXU

Post by YANGXU »

Hi David,

I have proof-listened sections 1 and 2. Here are the feedbacks. Sorry, I put so many notes here. I know some of them are only minor differences that don't change the meaning of the text, but I just want to point them out and it's up to you to change them or not.

Section 1:
12:41 Cicely should say "Tell him that I have decided not to go, after all". Instead, she says "Tell him that I have decided not to go, at all"
15:35 should be “Drops down R.” I hear “Down to R.”
18:09 wrong word.
Should be “Perhaps you’d like to see this?” Instead, Sholto says “Perhaps she’d like to see this?”
19:55 miss a word “except”.
Should be “except—except—” and I only hear “except—"
30:21 add a word “really”.
Priscilla should say “Jennifer didn’t care for anyone else”. Instead, she says “Jennifer didn’t really care for anyone else”.
34:30 miss words “of course”.
Gerda should say “Of course—yes!”. I hear only “yes!”.
35:44 add a word “in”.
Gerda should say “every one talking English”. She instead says “every one talking in English”.
42:17 Priscilla should say “I’m afraid I haven’t time just now”. I hear “I’m afraid I don’t have time just now”.

Section 2:
4:08 miss a word “much”.
Should be “the floor’s ever so much better”. George instead says “the floor’s ever so better”.
4:35 – 4:39 I hear narrator says “Sibyl. Is Roddy coming here first, before the ball, Cicely”. Should the sentence “Is Roddy coming here first, before the ball, Cicely” be said by Sibyl instead of narrator? I could be wrong.
10:06 – 10:09 I hear narrator says “Priscilla. All alone! What is it!”. Should the sentence “All alone! What is it!” be said by Priscilla instead of narrator? I could be wrong.
18:57 wrong word.
I hear George says “they are magical names” should be “they are magic names”
30:05 miss a word “quite".
I hear George says “I don’t know” should be “I don’t quite know”
31:16 miss half sentence.
I hear George says “nicer to them” should be “If you were nicer to them”
32:30 miss a word "all".
I hear George says “this is so stupid” should be “this is all so stupid”

Please let me know if there are any questions. Thank you.

Yang
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Yang,

This play has been sitting a while and some of the readers are not logging into Librivox any more. Due to this and that fact that most of the notes don't change the meaning of the lines I am going to approve the lines with the small errors.

The narrator read those 2 lines, because the readers for those roles did not respond to requests to read the additional missed lines.

Thank you,
David O
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Matthew Reece; ToddHW; dgulino; Larry Wilson; Mike Manolakes; JennPratt; Claire Butler; skypigeon; ambsweet13; Bucksaw; Jody Lebel; Amanda Mehl; April6090; Yangxu;

Thank You for sharing your time and talents.

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page:[/color] https://librivox.org/the-young-idea-by-noel-coward/

David O