FULL [Play] The Young Idea by Noel Coward - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

A.M.B. :roll:

Between illnesses, work, and vacation, May wasn't my best Librivox month. But I'm back and ready to do some more recording, editing, and PLing!
Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

I am going to PL a few of the submitted sections because it seems our DPL has disappeared and there seems to be a backlog of sections that are Ready for PL.

Between illnesses, work, and vacation, May wasn't my best Librivox month. But I'm back and ready to do some more recording, editing, and PLing!
Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

Thank you for your sections!
Act 1 is PL-OK

For, Act 2; your voice credit has background noise in all three of your submissions. Can you please record it again, here, without the noise? The rest of you reading was very clear and free of noise.

Missed the first line, "What are you all laughing at?"

Another missed line, "Whats the matter Sholto? Got a headache?" (please insert it around 0:27)

For, Act 3
You missed the first few of George's lines. They were kind of hard to find because he entered so late in the act, so no worries, but George enters on p.58 in the script for this act, his first line is "Oh, Sholto, Gerda- have you-" and keep reading the lines until his line "Jennifer, come back" p.60.

One more missed line, "Why should I be ashamed just because I love you still?" (please insert it around 0:18)

Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

Both Act 1 and Act 2 for Claud Eccles are PL-OK! Great job! :D

Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

ToddHW wrote: July 18th, 2020, 6:25 am Here are Stage Directions. I know that you will probably cut a large number of them out.

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/youngidea_stagedirections_1_128kb.mp3

Thanks, Todd
PL-notes for Act 1
At 1:29, please add the scenes that are under the cast list in the text.

Also, the text repeated a couple of pages, pages 22 and 23, when I noticed this I assumed it would be obvious but apparently that was a bad assumption. So, can you please cut from 20:19-22:31. You read the pages twice :shock:

Otherwise, great job with the stage directions!!! I will PL the remaining two acts soon! Thanks you!

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 1 fixed and uploaded again. Sorry about the duplication - reading "Gerda left" and "Sholto exits" etc all the time didn't make it obvious to me that pages repeated.

Thanks, Todd
Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

skypigeon wrote: July 13th, 2020, 6:10 pm Hirum J. Walkin, Take Two:
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/youngidea_hiramwilkins_3_128kb.mp3

Had some trouble with level control at the end; think I've fixed it but let me know if you need a redo. Thanks!
Great job with Hiram. Just a couple of notes.

At 3:35, missed a line, "She told you that I-we-we're going to be married"

At 7:04, the NO's on the last line seem a little squeaky or something, like the microphone picked something up weird. Can you please rerecord this line?

Finnally, the file name says hiramwilkins, when you upload with the edits can you can put it as hiramjwalkin.

Great job! Thank you!!!

Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

ToddHW wrote: July 20th, 2020, 6:13 pm Act 1 fixed and uploaded again. Sorry about the duplication - reading "Gerda left" and "Sholto exits" etc all the time didn't make it obvious to me that pages repeated.

Thanks, Todd
Nows its PL-OK. Thanks!!! :D :D :D

Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

Eustace is PL-OK! Great job! Thank you!!! :D

Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

Bucksaw wrote: July 18th, 2020, 8:29 am https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/youngidea_Sholto_1_128kb.mp3

Here's Act 1 up for Sholto. I'll have the next 2 Acts up over the course of this week.

- Buck
Great job with Act 1. Looking forward to hearing the other two acts!

Just one note, at 5:06, you missed two lines "Have you been here long?" and "Yes, thank you, miss."

If you can add these into the recording, Act 1 will be all set.

Thanks! :D

superk

Post by superk »

Sorry about my absence. I will no longer be your DPL as I’ve demonstrated my inactivity. However, I did PL the stage directions for Act 2 and 3.

Act 2

9:00 - “George, center” is said twice in a row, and then you say “George, center, far away.” Is this intentional?
11:18 - “George, carried away” is followed by a long pause

Act 3

6:05 - “Enter Sholto and Gerda, [unintelligible] window right...”
Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

superk wrote: July 21st, 2020, 4:56 pm Sorry about my absence. I will no longer be your DPL as I’ve demonstrated my inactivity. However, I did PL the stage directions for Act 2 and 3.

Act 2

9:00 - “George, center” is said twice in a row, and then you say “George, center, far away.” Is this intentional?

Act 3

ToddHW wrote: July 18th, 2020, 6:25 am Here are Stage Directions. I know that you will probably cut a large number of them out.

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/youngidea_stagedirections_3_128kb.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/youngidea_stagedirections_2_128kb.mp3

Thanks, Todd

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

superk wrote: July 21st, 2020, 4:56 pm Sorry about my absence. I will no longer be your DPL as I’ve demonstrated my inactivity. However, I did PL the stage directions for Act 2 and 3.

Act 2

Act 3

No changes to Act 2
Act 2 @ 9:00 - that is what the script says on p33
Act 2 @ 11:18 - I figure gaps will get adjusted as the other parts are edited in. Gaps are all different sizes at this point

No changes to Act 3
Act 3 @ 6:07 - Seems pretty clearly to be the intended "Enter Sholto and Gerda, a little breathlessly, window right..." I can rerecord if you want it slower or something

Thanks, Todd
Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

ToddHW wrote: July 22nd, 2020, 5:55 am

Act 2

Act 3

No changes to Act 2
Act 2 @ 9:00 - that is what the script says on p33
Act 2 @ 11:18 - I figure gaps will get adjusted as the other parts are edited in. Gaps are all different sizes at this point

No changes to Act 3
Act 3 @ 6:07 - Seems pretty clearly to be the intended "Enter Sholto and Gerda, a little breathlessly, window right..." I can rerecord if you want it slower or something

Thanks, Todd
Please wait to do anything about the PL notes for the time being. Not sure if superk PLed while looking at the script and I want to clear that up before you fix anything.

skypigeon

Post by skypigeon »

Ambsweet13 wrote: July 20th, 2020, 6:21 pm
skypigeon wrote: July 13th, 2020, 6:10 pm Hirum J. Walkin, Take Two:
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/youngidea_hiramwilkins_3_128kb.mp3

Had some trouble with level control at the end; think I've fixed it but let me know if you need a redo. Thanks!
Great job with Hiram. Just a couple of notes.

At 3:35, missed a line, "She told you that I-we-we're going to be married"

At 7:04, the NO's on the last line seem a little squeaky or something, like the microphone picked something up weird. Can you please rerecord this line?

Finnally, the file name says hiramwilkins, when you upload with the edits can you can put it as hiramjwalkin.

Great job! Thank you!!!
You're too kind, A.M.B., thank you :clap:
Edits made. I redid the entire "NO! Thank you very much... NO!!" at the end for consistency's sake.
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/youngidea_hiramjwalkin_3_128kb.mp3