OPEN [DR] New Chronicles of Rebecca by Kate Douglas Wiggin-mtf

Plays and other dramatic works
Post Reply
Twinkle88
Posts: 3370
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » May 31st, 2020, 2:16 pm

Thirza Meserve is PL OK! :thumbs:

BLNEW
Posts: 48
Joined: June 22nd, 2019, 9:22 pm

Post by BLNEW » May 31st, 2020, 6:09 pm


stoogeswoman
Posts: 899
Joined: February 10th, 2016, 10:02 am

Post by stoogeswoman » May 31st, 2020, 6:16 pm

Twinkle88 wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 1:43 pm
PL notes for Miranda Chronicle Seven:

..

So sorry. :oops: Please don't make a Twinkle punching bag!! :lol: )
Aw, shucks, and here I am not able to get to the gym! [whines] That was gonna be my cardio, man! :lol:

(Seriously, NP -- I'll get to work on all that various & sundry stuff this week! 8-) )

Twinkle88
Posts: 3370
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » June 1st, 2020, 7:43 am

BLNEW wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 6:09 pm
Here's #35 Linda at 00:18

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/newchronicles_03_lindarowenetta_128kb.mp3

Thanks,
~B
Thank you! It's PL OK! :thumbs: Great job!

Twinkle88
Posts: 3370
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » June 1st, 2020, 7:46 am

stoogeswoman wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 6:16 pm
Aw, shucks, and here I am not able to get to the gym! [whines] That was gonna be my cardio, man! :lol:
:lol:

alanmapstone
Posts: 1849
Joined: February 15th, 2012, 12:20 pm
Location: Oxford

Post by alanmapstone » June 1st, 2020, 8:43 am

Twinkle88 wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 2:00 pm
PL note for Abijah Chronicle Two:
- Mispronounced name @ 0:02:"Abijah Flagg, read by Alan Mapstone." (I'm looking for a long "i" sound and hard "j" (ah-BYE-jah). There is example audio in the pronunciation guide.)
As I only say the name in the voice credit can I put a new voice credit in the next chapter rather than reuploading this one?
alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose

WillNuessle
Posts: 81
Joined: May 26th, 2017, 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Post by WillNuessle » June 1st, 2020, 10:43 am

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/newchronicles_10_adamladd.mp3
00:38
now with two previously missing sentences!!
Will
"The man who does not read books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them." -Mark Twain

stoogeswoman
Posts: 899
Joined: February 10th, 2016, 10:02 am

Post by stoogeswoman » June 1st, 2020, 1:59 pm


Twinkle88
Posts: 3370
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » June 2nd, 2020, 7:47 am

alanmapstone wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 8:43 am
As I only say the name in the voice credit can I put a new voice credit in the next chapter rather than reuploading this one?
Yes, that'd be fine.

Twinkle88
Posts: 3370
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » June 2nd, 2020, 7:47 am

WillNuessle wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 10:43 am
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/newchronicles_10_adamladd.mp3
00:38
now with two previously missing sentences!!
Will
Thank you!

Twinkle88
Posts: 3370
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » June 2nd, 2020, 7:47 am


ej400
Posts: 2801
Joined: September 24th, 2014, 10:26 am
Location: Minnesota

Post by ej400 » June 2nd, 2020, 7:51 am

Alright Twinkle,
I couldn't resist not reading something... so I guess I could take a couple minor roles, if that would be OK. I added the numbers at the end to show what chapters they appear in so I'm not claiming two in one chapter.

So how about: Dr. Moses 6, 7, 9 Voice 1 2, 5 Dick Carter 3 Jimmy Watson 11.... unless you want some other male voices I could claim less?

Twinkle88
Posts: 3370
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » June 2nd, 2020, 8:27 am

Miranda is all spot PL OK! :thumbs: Thanks, Christine! Great job!

Twinkle88
Posts: 3370
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » June 2nd, 2020, 8:34 am

alanmapstone wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 8:43 am
Twinkle88 wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 2:00 pm
PL note for Abijah Chronicle Two:
- Mispronounced name @ 0:02:"Abijah Flagg, read by Alan Mapstone." (I'm looking for a long "i" sound and hard "j" (ah-BYE-jah). There is example audio in the pronunciation guide.)
As I only say the name in the voice credit can I put a new voice credit in the next chapter rather than reuploading this one?
Alan, I changed my mind about the "Abijah" pronunciation. I like the soft "j" sound better, so all you'd need to change in your pronunciation is the short "i" to a long "i" -- "ah-BYE-shzah." Updated example audio is in the pronunciation guide.

Twinkle88
Posts: 3370
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » June 2nd, 2020, 8:36 am

ej400 wrote:
June 2nd, 2020, 7:51 am
Alright Twinkle,
I couldn't resist not reading something... so I guess I could take a couple minor roles, if that would be OK. I added the numbers at the end to show what chapters they appear in so I'm not claiming two in one chapter.

So how about: Dr. Moses 6, 7, 9 Voice 1 2, 5 Dick Carter 3 Jimmy Watson 11.... unless you want some other male voices I could claim less?
Thanks for your interest! However, I'd really like to see Jack's last few chapters in Jack and Jill ready for PL, as that project is very close to completion. Why don't you finish those first, and when that's done I'd be happy to sign you up for these roles. :)

Post Reply