[COMPLETE] New Chronicles of Rebecca by Kate Douglas Wiggin-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

AlongsideMom

Post by AlongsideMom »

If no one has taken Aurelia Randall, section 19, I'll volunteer!
Brooke Favorat
Homeschool mom of 5
www.alongsidemom.com
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Thank you very much!
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

AlongsideMom wrote: May 29th, 2020, 2:11 pm If no one has taken Aurelia Randall, section 19, I'll volunteer!
That would be awesome! :) Thank you!
msandquist

Post by msandquist »

Hello,
I can Read Persis if she is not already taken!
BLNEW

Post by BLNEW »

Hello,

Here's number 30 Thirza at 00:17.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/newchronicles_02_thirzameserve_128kb.mp3

I think it's just the one line, let me know if I've missed something.

If I can pick up a second role, in a different chapter of course, I'll take #36 Linda Rowenetta (F)

Thanks,
~B
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

msandquist wrote: May 30th, 2020, 4:04 pm Hello,
I can Read Persis if she is not already taken!
That would be great! :) Thank you!

What would you like your catalog name to be? That's the part where you say, "Persis Watson, read by..." It can be your real name, your forum name, or something different. Just know that it can't be changed because that's what gets read into the audio files. Also, if you'd like a link to a personal website or blog to be included on your catalog page, just let me know.

And if you have any questions, please ask! :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

BLNEW wrote: May 30th, 2020, 9:26 pm Hello,

Here's number 30 Thirza at 00:17.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/newchronicles_02_thirzameserve_128kb.mp3

I think it's just the one line, let me know if I've missed something.

If I can pick up a second role, in a different chapter of course, I'll take #36 Linda Rowenetta (F)

Thanks,
~B
Thank you!

And sure! :) Thanks!
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

PL notes for Miranda Chronicle Four:

- Mispronounced name @ 3:58: "I must see if 'Bijah Flagg can't get us some cut-rounds at the mills, when he hauls for Squire Bean next time."
- Mispronounced name @ 6:25: "There's 'Bijah Flagg drivin' in."
- Mispronounced name @ 7:06: "It was real good of you, 'Bijah, an' we're all of us obliged to you."
- Mispronounced names @ 8:06: "'Bijah's right; the hat ain't no more use, Rebecca, but you can buy you another this mornin'—any color or shape you fancy—an' have Miss Morton sew these brown quills on to it with some kind of a buckle or a bow, jest to hide the roots. Then you'll be fixed for another season, thanks to 'Bijah.”

Sorry; this name isn't exactly in the pronunciation guide, but it's a shortened version of "Abijah," and I believe will be said by a few other readers, too. I'm looking for a pronunciation like "BYE-jah," with a long "i" sound and hard "j." Like the pronunciation of "Abijah" in the guide. I'll add "'Bijah" to it, too, when I get a chance. (I'll admit I like the soft "j" pronunciation better, but this version seemed more popular on the Internet.)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Miranda Chronicles Five and Six are PL OK! :thumbs:
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

PL notes for Miranda Chronicle Seven:

- Misread name @ 0:50: "Now I hear say that the youngest twin has come to stop the summer with the Cames up to Edgewood Lower Corner." (I think you thought this was "Carnes," but it's actually an "m" in there. :) )
- Misread name @ 1:47: "Tain't supposable that a woman like Mrs. Came would allow her husband to be in debt to a man like Abner Simpson."
- Misread name @ 2:26: "But I ain't a mite sure that Cassius Came will give up that cow when it comes to the point."
- Misread name @ 2:49: "If you want a walk tonight, I wish you'd go up there and ask Mis' Came if she'll lend me an' your Aunt Jane half her yeast-cake."
- Mispronounced name @ 3:01: "Don't you want to take Thirza Meserve with you?" (Your pronunciation is more like "THYER-zah MEH-serve," but I'm looking for "THER-zah meh-SERVE." (Example audio for "Thirza" is in the pronunciation guide. But once again, "Meserve" was not (I'll add it shortly), but that's how it was pronounced in the previous book, and since you already have some other PL notes for this chronicle...? So sorry. :oops: Please don't make a Twinkle punching bag!! :lol: )
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

PL note for Miranda Chronicle Eight:

- Mispronounced name @ 0:28: "The fish peddler seems to be your best friend, without it's Abijah Flagg that you're everlastingly talkin' to lately." (Like before, looking for a long "i" and hard "j," like the example in the pronunciation guide.)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

PL note for Abijah Chronicle Two:

- Mispronounced name @ 0:02:"Abijah Flagg, read by Alan Mapstone." (I'm looking for a long "i" sound and hard "j" (ah-BYE-jah). There is example audio in the pronunciation guide.)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Adam Ladd Chronicles Three, Eight, and Eleven are PL OK! :thumbs:

PL note for Adam Ladd Chronicle Ten:

- Two missing lines @ 0:18: “What makes you aim at any mark in particular, Rebecca?” “Women never hit what they aim at, anyway; but if they shut their eyes and shoot in the air they generally find themselves in the bull's eye.”