[COMPLETE] New Chronicles of Rebecca by Kate Douglas Wiggin-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
GilmoreDon

Post by GilmoreDon »

Hello,

Here is the link to Abner Simpson's lines in chapter 5. The file is 3 min 25 sec long. The rest are coming in the next few days. I'm on a newer machine and a newer version of Audacity so I hope the settings are OK.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/newchronicles_05_abner.mp3

Best regards,
Don
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Thank you! There are a couple PL notes:

@ 2:37 Missing line: "I know I don't owe nothin' to it, nor own nothin' in it!"

Volume is too high at 97.3 dB. Could you lower it about 6 decibels to get it into the 86-92 dB range?

(Great job! Made me laugh with that "hair-splittin', back-bitin'" line! :lol: )
Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

If you are ok with people claiming multiple roles, I could also play Persis Watson. I had the role of Ms. Meserve earlier and she appears in different chapters. :D
A.M.B. :roll:

Between illnesses, work, and vacation, May wasn't my best Librivox month. But I'm back and ready to do some more recording, editing, and PLing!
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Yeah, that would be great! Thank you very much!
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Chronicle Eight is spot PL OK! :thumbs: Thanks, Bhavya!
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Candance Miliken has been orphaned.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

For further claims, I am changing the time limit to one month instead of two.
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Twinkle, I don’t suppose I could claim anything else seeing as I’m Rebecca? I don’t know if that pitch-lowering thing would work again? Just really wanting to see this catalogued ❤️ I totally understand if I can’t though, and it’s probably the case.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
benderca

Post by benderca »

JayKitty76 wrote: November 25th, 2020, 2:28 pm Twinkle, I don’t suppose I could claim anything else seeing as I’m Rebecca? I don’t know if that pitch-lowering thing would work again? Just really wanting to see this catalogued ❤️ I totally understand if I can’t though, and it’s probably the case.
If it makes you feel better, I'm almost finished editing my last two chapters as narrator... :D
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

benderca wrote: November 25th, 2020, 5:21 pm
JayKitty76 wrote: November 25th, 2020, 2:28 pm Twinkle, I don’t suppose I could claim anything else seeing as I’m Rebecca? I don’t know if that pitch-lowering thing would work again? Just really wanting to see this catalogued ❤️ I totally understand if I can’t though, and it’s probably the case.
If it makes you feel better, I'm almost finished editing my last two chapters as narrator... :D
Aww TJ I didn’t mean you :9: I was referring to the three open characters. But tbh it does make me feel good to know that we’re one step closer to finishing!
Twinkle I don’t know how you do it, I have a DR going that I started in like February and it isn’t gonna be finished any time soon :lol:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

I thought about it, but no, since the only available characters are in the same chapter as you. Even the Voice 3 singing role wouldn't work because Rebecca also sings in that chapter - darn. :? Yeah, and I would prefer to not have any lowered-pitch voices... But thanks, anyway! Sometimes volunteers come in waves, and I guess we're just at a slump right now.
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Twinkle88 wrote: November 28th, 2020, 9:44 am
I thought about it, but no, since the only available characters are in the same chapter as you. Even the Voice 3 singing role wouldn't work because Rebecca also sings in that chapter - darn. :? Yeah, and I would prefer to not have any lowered-pitch voices... But thanks, anyway! Sometimes volunteers come in waves, and I guess we're just at a slump right now.
Aww okay it’s totally fine. Yeah hahaha if I was you I wouldn’t want pitch-lowered voices either; just was trying to brainstorm. :thumbs:
Thanks for being so sweet about everything :9:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Aww, thank you! :)
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

May I claim Candace Miliken? I've got the house to myself today. ;)
~Rosebud
benderca

Post by benderca »