[COMPLETE] New Chronicles of Rebecca by Kate Douglas Wiggin-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

JayKitty76 wrote: April 9th, 2021, 10:21 am Ah, okay. I'll have to check it out. I just really want Rebecca to have romance too :lol:
Well, after listening to this chapter twice (once PL'ing the narration and then PL'ing the entire chapter), I realized Ms. Wiggin may be implying that there is a little something going on between Rebecca and another character before the story's over... Hmm. :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Yes, that's what I'm thinking. :) Only partially aware at most.
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Twinkle88 wrote: April 9th, 2021, 11:32 am
JayKitty76 wrote: April 9th, 2021, 10:21 am Ah, okay. I'll have to check it out. I just really want Rebecca to have romance too :lol:
Well, after listening to this chapter twice (once PL'ing the narration and then PL'ing the entire chapter), I realized Ms. Wiggin may be implying that there is a little something going on between Rebecca and another character before the story's over... Hmm. :)
I didn’t see that! I was only paying attention to character lines. Now I’m going to have to go back and reread it :twisted:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Twinkle88 wrote: April 9th, 2021, 11:24 am PL notes for Chronicle Eleven:
Thanks! I’ll get on that soon :wink:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

HannaPonomarenko wrote: April 9th, 2021, 1:28 pm And how about another character?)
Yes, there was another character who I thought may end up with Rebecca by the end, but he is not mentioned in the final chapter of New Chronicles (poor guy).
benderca

Post by benderca »

I thought it was strongly suggested in both books that Rebecca would end up with Adam Ladd as soon as she “catches up” with him on a maturity level. There are several references to Adam patiently waiting for his match/partner/soul mate/something-or-other to grow up. There’s also the scene in which Rebecca stops Emma Jane from uttering Rebecca’s future husband’s name because she isn’t ready to admit it to herself.

I, personally, was hoping Adam and Miss Maxwell would fall in love, leaving Rebecca to work through her childish crush and move on to find love outside of the little circle of her childhood. Maybe Ms. Wiggin was letting each of us use our imaginations to envision a future for Rebecca that we feel she deserves. :D
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Aww I like that, TJ.
I don’t think that Rebecca is all that mature by the end of the book, either. It’s not her fault- just her age. ♥️
I didn’t actually read the whole New Chronicles of Rebecca book- now I’m really wanting to get it at the library. :lol: I’ll make my own conclusions then!
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Chronicle 11 ready for spot PL (apparently I speak quietly sometimes :lol: )
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/newchronicles_11_wiggin_128kb.mp3 length 39:20.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Woohoo! Chronicle 11 is spot PL OK! :thumbs:

Devorah, I think we are ready for the catalog!
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Twinkle88 wrote: April 14th, 2021, 6:30 pm Woohoo! Chronicle 11 is spot PL OK! :thumbs:

Devorah, I think we are ready for the catalog!
Yay! :clap:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Do we have a cast list yet?

EDIT: Oh shoot. I hope so. I just started deleting the unneeded sections to start preparing, but I hope you didn't need them to create the cast list. :oops: I caught myself before I did too terribly many. I'll hold off until you tell me you're ready.

EDIT again: Never mind. I found it, a few pages back. :mrgreen:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/new-chronicles-of-rebecca-by-kate-douglas-wiggin-2/

Let me know if everything looks ok! Nice work, everybody!
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Aww, thanks, Devorah (and Twinkle!) So happy this is finally completed. Good job y’all!
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~