OPEN [DR] New Chronicles of Rebecca by Kate Douglas Wiggin-mtf

Plays and other dramatic works
Post Reply
Twinkle88
Posts: 3842
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » February 11th, 2021, 1:12 pm

Bhavya, would you like some help with the editing? If you still want to and are able to do it all yourself, just let me know, but if not, I can put a post in "Listeners and Editors Wanted."
New Chronicles of Rebecca, two minor roles left!


Twinkle88
Posts: 3842
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » February 12th, 2021, 11:58 am

Thank you!
New Chronicles of Rebecca, two minor roles left!

Twinkle88
Posts: 3842
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » February 22nd, 2021, 5:35 pm

I haven't heard from Bhavya in a while, so I will put a post in Listeners & Editors Wanted.
New Chronicles of Rebecca, two minor roles left!

JayKitty76
Posts: 2116
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: ravenclaw tower, hogwarts
Contact:

Post by JayKitty76 » February 22nd, 2021, 6:11 pm

I could help edit a few chapters at least, if you'd have me. I don't know if I'd be able to commit to all of them.
It's been a while since I edited, so I forget how long it takes to edit a chapter- I just finished with two of my projects, though, and all I have is a solo going. I can take on another project :wink:

Twinkle88
Posts: 3842
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » February 22nd, 2021, 6:15 pm

Narrator's DP lines are PL OK! :thumbs: (You didn't need to read the character list, too, but I just snipped that out, so it's okay. :) ) Thank you for your wonderful narration, TJ!! :clap:
New Chronicles of Rebecca, two minor roles left!

Twinkle88
Posts: 3842
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » February 22nd, 2021, 6:17 pm

JayKitty76 wrote:
February 22nd, 2021, 6:11 pm
I could help edit a few chapters at least, if you'd have me. I don't know if I'd be able to commit to all of them.
It's been a while since I edited, so I forget how long it takes to edit a chapter- I just finished with two of my projects, though, and all I have is a solo going. I can take on another project :wink:
Hey, that's awesome! Thank you! I can just assign to Chapter 10 for now so you can get a feel for the amount of time it takes to edit a chapter.
New Chronicles of Rebecca, two minor roles left!

JayKitty76
Posts: 2116
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: ravenclaw tower, hogwarts
Contact:

Post by JayKitty76 » February 22nd, 2021, 6:18 pm

Twinkle88 wrote:
February 22nd, 2021, 6:17 pm
JayKitty76 wrote:
February 22nd, 2021, 6:11 pm
I could help edit a few chapters at least, if you'd have me. I don't know if I'd be able to commit to all of them.
It's been a while since I edited, so I forget how long it takes to edit a chapter- I just finished with two of my projects, though, and all I have is a solo going. I can take on another project :wink:
Hey, that's awesome! Thank you! I can just assign to Chapter 10 for now so you can get a feel for the amount of time it takes to edit a chapter.
That would be great! Thank you!

Twinkle88
Posts: 3842
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » February 22nd, 2021, 6:20 pm

Oops, make that Chapter 6, not 10. :)
New Chronicles of Rebecca, two minor roles left!

JayKitty76
Posts: 2116
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: ravenclaw tower, hogwarts
Contact:

Post by JayKitty76 » February 22nd, 2021, 6:32 pm

Twinkle88 wrote:
February 22nd, 2021, 6:20 pm
Oops, make that Chapter 6, not 10. :)
No problem.
I know someone has already told me how to do this, but how exactly do you layer tracks at one specific point in the recording? (I see that there are a few group lines in this chapter.)

Twinkle88
Posts: 3842
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » February 22nd, 2021, 6:57 pm

If you drag and drop more than one audio file onto Audacity, each successive file will be placed on a track below the preceding ones (as you already know). So when you get to the point of the group line, rather than cutting and pasting the characters' lines into the top track, you can click the "Time Shift Tool" button at the top (or hit F5) to drag the lines left or right so that they all line up vertically. (You'll also need to de-amplify all the lines included in the group a little, or they'll be too loud all together.) Just ask if you need further clarification.
New Chronicles of Rebecca, two minor roles left!

JayKitty76
Posts: 2116
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: ravenclaw tower, hogwarts
Contact:

Post by JayKitty76 » February 22nd, 2021, 7:15 pm

Twinkle88 wrote:
February 22nd, 2021, 6:57 pm
If you drag and drop more than one audio file onto Audacity, each successive file will be placed on a track below the preceding ones (as you already know). So when you get to the point of the group line, rather than cutting and pasting the characters' lines into the top track, you can click the "Time Shift Tool" button at the top (or hit F5) to drag the lines left or right so that they all line up vertically. (You'll also need to de-amplify all the lines included in the group a little, or they'll be too loud all together.) Just ask if you need further clarification.
Thank you! That’s exactly what I needed to know. I’ll ask you if I need more information :wink:

Post Reply