OPEN [DR] New Chronicles of Rebecca by Kate Douglas Wiggin-mtf

Plays and other dramatic works
Post Reply
bhavya
Posts: 1043
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: St Andrews

Post by bhavya » May 27th, 2020, 3:49 am

Hi,

Can I be the editor?

Thanks,
Bhavya

Twinkle88
Posts: 3355
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » May 27th, 2020, 8:10 am

You got it! :) Thank you!

Twinkle88
Posts: 3355
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » May 27th, 2020, 8:10 am

bhavya wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 3:49 am
Hi,

Can I be the editor?

Thanks,
Bhavya
That would be great! :) Thank you!

bhavya
Posts: 1043
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: St Andrews

Post by bhavya » May 27th, 2020, 9:23 am

Twinkle88 wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 8:10 am
bhavya wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 3:49 am
Hi,

Can I be the editor?

Thanks,
Bhavya
That would be great! :) Thank you!
Thank you:)

stoogeswoman
Posts: 895
Joined: February 10th, 2016, 10:02 am

Post by stoogeswoman » May 27th, 2020, 9:49 am

Here's Chapter 5 for Miranda Sawyer: 8-)

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/newchronicles_05_miranda.mp3 (a little under 44 seconds)
Last edited by stoogeswoman on May 27th, 2020, 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stoogeswoman
Posts: 895
Joined: February 10th, 2016, 10:02 am

Post by stoogeswoman » May 27th, 2020, 11:18 am


WillNuessle
Posts: 81
Joined: May 26th, 2017, 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Post by WillNuessle » May 28th, 2020, 6:02 am

"The man who does not read books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them." -Mark Twain

Twinkle88
Posts: 3355
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » May 28th, 2020, 11:52 am

stoogeswoman wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 9:49 am
Here's Chapter 5 for Miranda Sawyer: 8-)

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/newchronicles_05_miranda.mp3 (a little under 44 seconds)
Thank you!

Twinkle88
Posts: 3355
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » May 28th, 2020, 11:52 am

stoogeswoman wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 11:18 am
Chapter 4 Miranda: 8-) )

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/newchronicles_04_miranda.mp3 8 min 31 sec
Thanks again!


GilmoreDon
Posts: 99
Joined: July 20th, 2015, 5:49 pm
Location: Tulsa

Post by GilmoreDon » May 28th, 2020, 5:25 pm

This is no doubt old news to many so please forgive me if it is. I was doing some "role research" for my part and the name "Dorcas Society" jumped out at me. I checked Google/ Wikipedia and discovered that it is an organization that makes clothes for the poor. I also learned that the Dorcas Society of Maine still exists and was started by ... wait for it ... Kate Douglas Wiggin. What a surprise. :hmm:

stoogeswoman
Posts: 895
Joined: February 10th, 2016, 10:02 am

Post by stoogeswoman » May 28th, 2020, 7:18 pm

GilmoreDon wrote:
May 28th, 2020, 5:25 pm
This is no doubt old news to many so please forgive me if it is. I was doing some "role research" for my part and the name "Dorcas Society" jumped out at me. I checked Google/ Wikipedia and discovered that it is an organization that makes clothes for the poor. I also learned that the Dorcas Society of Maine still exists and was started by ... wait for it ... Kate Douglas Wiggin. What a surprise. :hmm:
That's pretty cool! 8-)

alanmapstone
Posts: 1831
Joined: February 15th, 2012, 12:20 pm
Location: Oxford

Post by alanmapstone » May 29th, 2020, 3:47 am

alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose

Twinkle88
Posts: 3355
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » May 29th, 2020, 7:40 am

GilmoreDon wrote:
May 28th, 2020, 5:25 pm
This is no doubt old news to many so please forgive me if it is. I was doing some "role research" for my part and the name "Dorcas Society" jumped out at me. I checked Google/ Wikipedia and discovered that it is an organization that makes clothes for the poor. I also learned that the Dorcas Society of Maine still exists and was started by ... wait for it ... Kate Douglas Wiggin. What a surprise. :hmm:
Wow, I didn't know her real organization appeared in her fiction! Neat!

Twinkle88
Posts: 3355
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » May 29th, 2020, 7:41 am

Thank you!

Post Reply