Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Availle wrote: June 1st, 2020, 4:32 pmWell, in that case, I guess I should attend to you very speedily: :D
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/phormio_sophrona_3_128kb.mp3
thank you, Availle, Sophrona sounds like a life-saver :mrgreen: very sensitively played and all PL ok. :)

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ah it's the slimy Lebanon-voice again :mrgreen: yes, totally fitting for a lawyer ;) I wish this guy had a bigger role, barely got used to him when you stopped already :lol:

PL ok, thanks, Chris !

Sonia
Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

A.M.B. :roll:

Between illnesses, work, and vacation, May wasn't my best Librivox month. But I'm back and ready to do some more recording, editing, and PLing!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Ambsweet13 wrote: June 10th, 2020, 2:37 pmAct 1 for the Stage Directions! :D
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/phormio_stagedirections_1_128kb.mp3 (7:11)
a very good job, Ambsweet :) Is this your first attempt at stage directions ? Well, kudos, you had all the directions correct judging accurately where to include the name of the character and where not :thumbs:

However, and you probably didn't know this, the cast list is missing, which is also the job of the narrator, in case some readers vanish without recording their voice credit.

> at about 0:27: please also insert "Dramatis Personae", followed by all the characters, each time with full description and "read by". Example: "Demipho, aged Athenian, brother, read by..." and so on, the whole list.

Actually, most of the voice credits are in at this point, so I see no reason for you to add them all. Please only record those where the readers in the MW have not handed in sections yet: Davus, a servant, read by / Cratinus, Advocate... / Crito, Advocate... / Antipho, son of Demipho... / Phormio, a Parasite...

Also include your own voice credit at the end: "Stage directions, read by Ambsweet13". Then add: "Scene.—Athens; before the houses of Demipho, Chremes, and Dorio."

> also the volume is a little low, you could maybe amplify it all with 3 or 4 dB.

Please wait for Todd's reply before you reupload, there may be some other parts missing, I only need confirmation:

Question for Todd: This time, you did not specify if you wanted Subject, Title of the Play, Summary and Prologue included. :hmm: So far she has recorded none of these.

Thanks ! And don't worry, only the first Act is so tricky with special things, the other acts will be straight-forward, and seeing that you know well how to say which stage direction, I think you will have no problems whatsoever with the remaining acts. 8-)

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: June 11th, 2020, 2:41 am
Please wait for Todd's reply before you reupload, there may be some other parts missing, I only need confirmation:

Question for Todd: This time, you did not specify if you wanted Subject, Title of the Play, Summary and Prologue included. :hmm: So far she has recorded none of these.

Sonia
Ah, sorry I did not specify what I wanted. I would like to have "The Title of the Play" and "The Prologue" as part of the recording.

The Subject and Summary have too many spoilers so I do not want them.

Thanks, Todd
reecedawg

Post by reecedawg »

I would be happy to read Davus.
Thanks!
Matt
"After the dazzle of day is gone,
Only the dark, dark night shows to my eyes the stars;
After the clangor of organ majestic, or chorus, or perfect band,
Silent, athwart my soul, moves the symphony true."
Walt Whitman
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

reecedawg wrote: June 12th, 2020, 12:07 am I would be happy to read Davus.
we would be happy to have you :) Thank you, Matt.

Sonia
reecedawg

Post by reecedawg »

"After the dazzle of day is gone,
Only the dark, dark night shows to my eyes the stars;
After the clangor of organ majestic, or chorus, or perfect band,
Silent, athwart my soul, moves the symphony true."
Walt Whitman
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

reecedawg wrote: June 12th, 2020, 9:26 pmHere is Davus (5:37):
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/phormio_davus_1_128kb.mp3
thank you, Matt, now Davus sounds like a really nice bloke and good loyal friend. :thumbs: Our dialogue will sound great once assembled. No errors or missed lines, so this is PL ok straight away. And thanks for including the full voice credit. You could have cut out the shorter version in the beginning. I'll make a note for Todd that the full credit comes right behind ;)

Thanks

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:lol: in the final act, Chremes does nothing else than whine his way through the scenes. Nicely done, Alan, nothing missing. PL ok. And that concludes your career in the Terence plays now. Thank you so much for all the parts you played in this classical series. :)

Sonia